SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

I sure don’t think that.

I’ve said it many times, no other non-QB makes the impact Tyreek Hill does. Even today while his stats were small, his impact was large.

His mere presence on the field creates opportunities for others that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

IIRC he drew attention away from Waddle on the 45-yard play of the game.

I don't either. It was the kicking game that Snafu'd the Chiefs yesterday.

Honestly, I wanted SF to beat Denver. Anytime an NFC team can take down an AFC playoff contender that's good for Miami.

The Broncos are kind if that sneaky good team.

The worst i have them going is 9-8 would would be a solid pick in the late teens which would be great.

BTW....................even if you are a Jimmy G believer you have to remember that he is not Mr Durable.

Who is the backup to him in SF?

Why it is Brock Purdy of course.

I’m of the mind set right now that we might move heaven and earth for Will Anderson Jr. to replace AVG.

As several of my previous posts have already indicated — I’m all-in on Will Anderson.

Removing draft position out of the equation, if I could select any player in the draft to supplement what the Dolphins have now — it’d be Anderson all day, every day.

In 2021 I was firmly on the offensive play maker bandwagon. And I still wouldn’t trade Jaylen Waddle for Micah Parsons in a re-draft. Not considering where this team was and what they needed most.

But now things have drastically changed.

Despite not selecting a Sewell or Slater — which was another popular choice — the offensive line is improved and our play makers with both Waddle and Hill are elite.

So those are not huge needs anymore.

And while the defense is pretty good in Miami and not something I lobbied for in the first round previously — that’s exactly where I’d target now.

We need a star in the front 7. We need better pass rushing when not blitzing.

Anderson is the answer. If we can get lucky enough to get him.

as of right now we have the 7th pick....tankathon has Miami going OT
Do we even need an OT at this point? A RT at that draft spot wouldn't be my preference. Not only that, but the guys we have are improving on an almost weekly basis. By the end of the season, we may not even be that disappointed with what we have. I'm not discounting the possibility that we need to spend another high pick on another Olineman. Just hoping it won't be necessary.

Bro
Honestly, I wanted SF to beat Denver. Anytime an NFC team can take down an AFC playoff contender that's good for Miami.

Broncos looked seriously poor last night. Russell Wilson broke his record for most 3 and outs in one game and alot of throws were high and off target. I think it was around 8 or 9 three and outs. Their Defense is very good though.
As for the 49ers. Decent team but Garappolo looked bang average and missed some throws.

Do we even need an OT at this point? A RT at that draft spot wouldn't be my preference. Not only that, but the guys we have are improving on an almost weekly basis. By the end of the season, we may not even be that disappointed with what we have. I'm not discounting the possibility that we need to spend another high pick on another Olineman. Just hoping it won't be necessary.
Well, I was just posting what they have.....they update that mock after every game so it's all by computer so I look at it for fun and to see their player's rankings.....as far as OT needs, not sure we'll be able to keep Little as he's a free agent.....so let’s say he leaves. That leave us with Ajax who's been hurt enough already and while he's improving he hasn’t proven anything yet.....TA is a very good LT but older and hurt plenty of times so OT is always on the table imo and good ones are hard to find after the first round. Of course we sill have 14 games to play during the regular season and so many things can happen so we'll see.

We can use a LB, a CB and a Pass rusher.......if Gesicki goes and Long keeps on getting hurt we might need a TE. Way too early to tell what we'll need.

The worst i have them going is 9-8 would would be a solid pick in the late teens which would be great.

BTW....................even if you are a Jimmy G believer you have to remember that he is not Mr Durable.

Who is the backup to him in SF?

Why it is Brock Purdy of course.
He has a purdy mouth...

Ha! Beat you Circumstances!

Simple question but not an easy answer. I was going to say yes immediately but that "at this point" held me up a bit. No question OT is high on the long term draft agenda. We need a 10 year guy there, but "at this point" we can probably kick that can to 2024 and focus on the defense more as well as getting an interior OL.

The trio of Armstead, Jackson, Little have bought us at least a year barring an i*****.

I'd say we've reached the "luxury" status of this rebuild where we can start drafting talent over need and hone in on better prospects from a smaller talent pool.

What's convenient about this upcoming off season is our needs are pretty self explanatory based on our free agents and cap situation.

Gesicki and Van Ginkel are both FA's, don't see a path for either to stick around unless its on a 1 year deal prove it type deal, which honestly would likely only happen because of an injury at this point. AVG could be more inclined to go that route given his recovery from appendicitis, Gesicki will get a multi year offer that can't be touched. Even if its well below market value. You already know my stance on the Gesicki situation, I think everyone knows. Still love the guy and I especially loved his "I stay ready" remark after a catch. I believe you Mike. But we can't pay you.

Jerome Baker is the other goner. $5.7M in cap savings, ya that's a no-brainer. He finally made a couple plays in the 2nd half yesterday but nothing that is going to justify keeping that salary on the books. We need impact, not a guy who can wrap a ball carrier and fall forward with him for 2 or 3 extra yards. Hate to cut a former Buckeye but not even my scarlet and gray allegiance would keep him on the roster in 2023 (not that anyone cares what I would do).

From the way too early to speculate but I'll go there anyway files......Chase Edmonds. It's nice to get those two TD's but that's not going to be a huge factor in the talent evaluation for me. A bigger factor for me is the dropped go ahead TD pass that he was bailed out on with a penalty. If that was 4th down and there was no penalty called, how do we feel about him today? $5.65M cap hit, $5M of that is non guaranteed salary. I have a feeling we'll want that $5M more than keeping Chase on the roster. Still a lot of football to play as Chase figures out this offense but he's going to need to do a lot before the season ends. He's making more money than Melvin Ingram.

EDGE, TE, ILB and CB is where we are starting the off season plans.

Alabama's Will Anderson Jr is still the pipe dream but that door opened slightly after Denver's pathetic win over San Fran. Still need a lot of luck and probably a decent trade up but that kind of instant impact to replace AVG would do wonders in containing all these SOB's in the AFC.

Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer is a guy that could change those plans. I could see the FO falling in love with the stud from South Bend and our pick could fall right in line with where he's projected. Right now I'm seeing mostly 7-13 range, with as high as 5. Rarely listed below 12/13 in a mock draft. ND's QB is out for the year so that could affect his season but that's doubtful. That cat was let out of the bag already. Kid has WR DNA in a TE body.

I have so much college football stored on my DVR right now I love it. Can't wait to dive into some of those games after the season is over looking at specific players (again, no one asks me for my opinion anyway).

Don't trade your 2024 first round pick, outside of that, all picks are now ammo.

I'll take a developmental player here and there but I expect a few trade ups. The extra third rounder from New England is looking like a possible pick in the late 60's, if not the early 70's. Ya we are watching San Fran's pick obviously but that pick from New England will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than anyone initially thought. It will be pretty close to our second rounder.

Broncos are not a contender. Wilson is washed. It’s been like 2 years since the guys had a good game that resulted in a win. Every game on the broncos schedule looks like a battle except for maybe the jets and panthers. Jags may be a toss up but they actually look solid. Every other game besides those 3 are vs playoff caliber teams. Don’t see them winning more than 7 games and that’s a stretch. We’ll have more wins by week 10 then they’ll get the whole season. Broncos winning was great for us.

Back
Top Bottom