SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

Kyle Shanahan is a great coach but how they handled Jimmy G/Lance is gonna cost them this season IMO...

Also you cannot replace Mike McDaniel, Jon Embree, Wes Welker, Bobby Turner, and Ric Scangerello with Chris Foerster, Bobby Slowik, Brian Griese, and Anthony Lynn and not expect regression

CB? Last of our needs. Jones coming back, Needham is solid, Crossen and Kadau have looked pretty good. X is X. Linebacker is the answer that you are looking for
The two top corner are aging(29 and 30 years old), highly paid and have not always been physically dependable.

I like the young guys and i hope Trill Williams makes it back to 100% but a high pick on a CB who could take over for X or Jones by year 2 would be a smart move.

I would not go LB in R1 unless he was a big time pass rusher. And edge or a disruptive DT is always a good way to spend your R1 pick as well.

OL could still be a possibility but i am hopeful that Liam and AJ will make that less of a need.Getting a "real" center and moving Williams back to LG is an option as well but there are no 1st round worthy Centers in this Draft.

I think we will see the Fins let Gesicki go and try to find a true TE (UGA's Darnell Washington is a guy i am platonically head over heels in love with at this time). Not R1 but i would love to get him on day 2.

Honestly, I wanted SF to beat Denver. Anytime an NFC team can take down an AFC playoff contender that's good for Miami.

The Broncos are kind if that sneaky good team.
I understand the sentiment, but the way I look at it is like this...

Every 49ers loss improves the dolphins draft pick. That is certain.

The Broncos losing helps the Dolphins because it weakens an AFC opponents record.

But if 10 weeks from now the Broncos might be a trash team with a bad record and therefore, not a threat to Miami's playoff aspirations. And if Miami is competing with them for a playoff spot, so be it. There is going to be some teams we have to compete with for a playoff spot anyway so who cares if it's the Broncos, or the Jaguars, or the Browns.

This early in the season, give me the improving draft oick, the thing that is a guaranteed benefit to the Dolphins.

I understand the sentiment, but the way I look at it is like this...

Every 49ers loss improves the dolphins draft pick. That is certain.

The Broncos losing helps the Dolphins because it weakens an AFC opponents record.

But if 10 weeks from now the Broncos might be a trash team with a bad record and therefore, not a threat to Miami's playoff aspirations. And if Miami is competing with them for a playoff spot, so be it. There is going to be some teams we have to compete with for a playoff spot anyway so who cares if it's the Broncos, or the Jaguars, or the Browns.

This early in the season, give me the improving draft oick, the thing that is a guaranteed benefit to the Dolphins.
Well said. I might be overreacting to Russell Wilson's impact on Denver. I do see them as a fringe playoff team.

Miami is better than that IMO.

Last edited:
Well said. I might be overeating Russell Wilson's impact on Denver. I do see them as a fringe playoff team.

Miami is better than that IMO.
The great thing about that game is that neither team looked particularly good. Both defenses played decent and both offenses looked like dog 💩. Bodes well for the Dolphins on both fronts.

The two top corner are aging(29 and 30 years old), highly paid and have not always been physically dependable.

I like the young guys and i hope Trill Williams makes it back to 100% but a high pick on a CB who could take over for X or Jones by year 2 would be a smart move.

I would not go LB in R1 unless he was a big time pass rusher. And edge or a disruptive DT is always a good way to spend your R1 pick as well.

OL could still be a possibility but i am hopeful that Liam and AJ will make that less of a need.Getting a "real" center and moving Williams back to LG is an option as well but there are no 1st round worthy Centers in this Draft.

I think we will see the Fins let Gesicki go and try to find a true TE (UGA's Darnell Washington is a guy i am platonically head over heels in love with at this time). Not R1 but i would love to get him on day 2.

Ehhh still not buying it. Miami has a 2-3 year window before they lose X/Jones/Hill/have to pay Tua/waddle/Holland. Draft guys that can immediately come in and play and contribute. Corner as a high pick is highly bustable as it’s one of the hardest positions to adjust to. Rather grab a pass rusher/linebacker/oline that can help with a immediate run then a corner.

Ehhh still not buying it. Miami has a 2-3 year window before they lose X/Jones/Hill/have to pay Tua/waddle/Holland. Draft guys that can immediately come in and play and contribute. Corner as a high pick is highly bustable as it’s one of the hardest positions to adjust to. Rather grab a pass rusher/linebacker/oline that can help with a immediate run then a corner.
You just don't take LB's that early unless they rush the passer.

The 1st round should be used to try to get hard to find talent at impact positions.

Pass rusher, disruptive DT, boundary CB on defense.

The situation in San Fran was handled so poorly, I don't know how Jimmy is still there to be honest.

Because no one wanted him? Seems to me like he's lucky to have a starting job. He's not a prized QB.

Its not like someone else in the organization missed the throw to Emmanuel Sanders.

Because no one wanted him? Seems to me like he's lucky to have a starting job. He's not a prized QB.

Its not like someone else in the organization missed the throw to Emmanuel Sanders.
My understanding is that Jimmy G was the Commander’s top choice but the injury was in the way so they moved on to Wentz.

Back
Top Bottom