SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

I would go with CBs Cam Smith/Joey Porter Jr depending on who we are replacing. Smith would be a great Jones replacement and JPJr would be a great X replacement. Jones is older, has been injured more recently and hasn't been as good thus I'm leaning towards Cam Smith.

I would go with CBs Cam Smith/Joey Porter Jr depending on who we are replacing. Smith would be a great Jones replacement and JPJr would be a great X replacement. Jones is older, has been injured more recently and hasn't been as good thus I'm leaning towards Cam Smith.
I agree. Love both players.

If it were me I'd take Robinson. But I'm not Miami. Robinson has such great all around ability, but the NFL has devalued the RB position, so he could fall?
Agree. He's a first rounder all day to me but, yeah, teams aren't taking them early.

Looking at the amazing quarterbacks in the AFC, I'd continue to build the pass rush and secondary.

Agree. He's a first rounder all day to me but, yeah, teams aren't taking them early.

Looking at the amazing quarterbacks in the AFC, I'd continue to build the pass rush and secondary.
I agree. But man would Robinson look great in a Dolphins uniform. I'm absolutely obsessed with that kid.

To your point about the other QB's in the AFC, Miami would be wise to continue to build its defense to stop or slow them down. Especially with the potential exodus of several key rotational members, via F/A.

I agree. But man would Robinson look great in a Dolphins uniform. I'm absolutely obsessed with that kid.

To your point about the other QB's in the AFC, Miami would be wise to continue to build its defense to stop or slow them down. Especially with the potential exodus of several key rotational members, via F/A.
That has to be the focus. Also, have to be able to get pressure sometimes without sending the house. The Dolphins are pretty amazing at 0 coverage, but that is a risky defense.

Last edited:
We seem to prioritize edge contain at DE instead of pass-rushing though.
I think that is, primarily, a function of the type of QB we have gone against the last two weeks. Not that we really contained either one, but I do believe it was a point stressed in game planning.

Almost all defenses have issues defending running QBs to some extent. One big issue we have is poor tackling against the run in general. Need to tighten that up.

I think that is, primarily, a function of the type of QB we have gone against the last two weeks. Not that we really contained either one, but I do believe it was a point stressed in game planning.

Almost all defenses have issues defending running QBs to some extent. One big issue we have is poor tackling against the run in general. Need to tighten that up.
It's also very useful against stretch/outside zone run blocking which the Jets and Pats and a large portion of the league, including us, are trying to install.

I think, LB's Trenton Simpson, Noah Sewell and Isaiah Folksey would be in consideration, as well as, ND TE Micheal Mayer and potentially an OT, such as Paris Johnson.
If you’re drafting a LB top 12 they need to be roquan smith or Micah parsons level prospects and I just don’t see that with those guys. Maybe with a trade down

Back
Top Bottom