Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

The complaints against Sanchez from Jests fans on ganggreen suggest that he's having the very same kinds of problems that plague a lot of never-gonna-be-ready-for-prime-time QBs: trouble finishing TD drives, staring down receivers, holding the ball too long and taking sacks, making bad decisions that result in INTs. It's never Sanchez's fault, of course: it's the Jests' crappy OL (I guess you-all need 5 Pro Bowlers not just 3 to be decent, right?) or overly complicated plays or the WRs just not getting open. It's the pressure of being a first round draft pick. He just needs more time. He needs a better running game to help him out. Blah, blah, blah ...

Maybe Sanchez will come around, but right now, he is nowhere near as good as Fitzpatrick. He's only being asked to be a game-manager, and he's not doing that great at that. Fitz, OTOH, is expected to carry his team, and so far this season, he's done exactly that with a whole lot less talent around him than Sanchez has.

Sanchez needs to step up and become a first rate NFL QB this season. He's started 30 plus games, so the speed of the game and all the subtleties should start to sink in. He hasn't shown much indication that he's making real progress yet this season. If he wants to run with the big dawgs, he's gotta play like one, not like Trent Edwards with more balls.

Where are excuses being made?

don't allow typical, irrational fans to cloud your judgement.

"-gonna-be-ready-for-prime-time":lol: yeah, 4 road playoff wins suggest that.

trouble finishing TD drives: In 2 ames so far he has led our O to 4 TDs in 6 RZ trips. Pretty good, right?

holding the ball too long? Our OL has been terrible, he hasn't had a chance to hold the ball too long

bad decisions that result in INTs? He has made a few bad decisions, it happens.

Nowhere near as good as a man who has never played in a big game in his life:lol: Can we alloow Fitz to A) play some quality teams and B) win some big games first?

He has run w/ the big dogs, he outplayed Tom Brady on Brady's homefield in the div rd of the playoffs.

Right. What were his 4th quarter numbers again?

New England's secondary doesn't scare many teams. The Bills put up 30 on them last season.

7 TDs is more than 6 although 0 INTs is better than 1. However, Fitz also led the Bills to 3 other TDs in those 2 games plus he threw 2 passes to turn 4th downs into firsts on the winning TD drive yesterday.

Fitz has shown that he can step up and carry his team. Sanchez hasn't shown that. When the Jests are playing well, he can play well, but he needs to take the next step, which he hasn't done yet.

I said he struggled in the 4th(for a change) but he kept us in the game. Down 10-0 late 1st half led quick TD drive, down 24-10 early 4th leads TD drive in less than 3 mins. He kept us in that game when we had no running game and the D was struggling for 3 qtrs.

6 TDs, 0 INts is better than 7 and 1 not to mention we played better opponents.

Mark doesn't have to carry his team, he has an elite team he is leading to win after win after win. We don't celebrate being 2-0 now lik we just won the SB like they are doing in Buffalo. Winning is now expected and Mark is a big reason why.

Sanchez sucked Week 1 against a decent Dallas team, and you beat up on the QB-less Jags yesterday. The Jests managed what, 2 TDs and a bunch of FGs?

Fitz threw of 3 TDs yesterday, and he led the Bills to 5 TDs on all 5 of their second half possessions, including the 80 yard winning TD drive with time running out in which he made 2 4th down passes to keep the drive alive. He was clutch.

BTW, he's not only the 6th rated passer, but he's tied with Brady with 7 TDs and 1 INT. Your boy Sanchez hasn't put 2 games like that together in his career.

Fitz is easily the #2 QB in AFCE right now. But u can't say Sanchez hasn't been clutch (not that you said it). He had more 4th quarter comebacks than total wins for Fitz last year. Sanchez is still learning while Its Fitz' 7th season in the NFL. Fitz will be a very good QB for u guys and I don't think anyone was surprised when you guys ignored the QB position in the draft. Im actually glad you guys have him. Games would be much more fun to watch this year.

Some of these arguments are over bits and pieces. Hold on to your horses, fellas.

I don't think there's much doubt Fitzpatrick is the 2nd best QB in the AFCE right now.

LMAO. This is too funny! The same QB who was dismantled by the Jets last season by a combined score of 64-10 in two games.

Bills fans...relax. You beat the worst team in the NFL -- KC Chiefs and a mediocre Raiders team. When you begin winning games against NE and other NFL elite teams, then maybe you can begin to start crowing.

In the meantime, you have been irrelevant for the past decade +. Try and be a bit humble and enjoy the success thus far without getting silly.

By the way, and I cannot remember the year, a few years ago the Bills started 5-0 until you faced the Jets. I don't think the Bills won more than 7 games that season. In other words, it is week 2. Just as Miami's season is not over by any stretch, you are not in the playoffs by any stretch either. Nor are the Jets. Too much football left to be played.

^Agreed, but Fitz has played really well this year and it should be recognized. However, Sanchez had a great start to the 2010 season as well and was in MVP talks very early on in the last season until a slump started. So we need to wait before we "crown" anyone the 2nd best QB in AFCE.

All you Sanchez haters conviently overlook one simple FACT.
The man came into the league very early and very raw.
He's been the starter in the toughest media market in the country from day #1 and he's learning on the job.

In fact ... Sanchez started more games (18) in his first season in the NFL than he did in his entire college career (16).
Name me one other player in the league you can say that about. Nevermind a QB. Just name me one other player.

^...Chad Henne...duh. He had just 4 starts in college....4 years that is.

^...Chad Henne...duh. He had just 4 starts in college....4 years that is.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm talking about someone's FIRST YEAR in the league. Not someone who sat around for a year or two and then became the starter. Sanchez started 16 college games and then came into the league and immediately started 18 Pro games his first year. Name me someone else who compares.

Every other QB I can think of who might have started his rookie season, started dozens of games in college. Maybe theres a different positon player who compares but I can't think of any offhand.

Sorry, it was sarcasm. Miami fans are acting like this is Hennes rookie season and that he's never played football before September 11th, 2011.

Thanks. We hope ur organizations keeps thinking the same about him and other great talents.

LMAO. Since the smelly fish can't even conduct the suck-for-luck strategy the right way, now that the Colts are the front runners for Luck, I think Miami will draft a wide receiver to replace Ted Ginn. LMAO.

Fitz had a nice run to begin the season but clearly Sanchez is the next best after Brady.

Back
Top Bottom