Sanchez pulled against the Cards | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez pulled against the Cards

you had 2 fake contending seasons ('03, '05), we had chances that we missed out on in '00, '08 and '11 so using your what if logic that's 3 more potential playoff apps. The bottom line is we made 5 more playoff apps and won 6 more playoff games since 2001. No matter how many excuses you make it won't change the facts.

You are funny guy. You talk about how the Jets earned their 2002 division title when they needed to win the final 2 games of the season and needed Miami to lose the final 2 games of the season. Yet you call the Dolphins 03 season fake when they were in the exact same spot. 2 games back with 2 games to go. The Dolphins needed to win the final 2 games and needed Denver to lose the final 2 games. Miami won out but didn't get the help the Jets got when Miami lost the final 2.

You are the biggest homer I have ever seen. Lol!!!

You are funny guy. You talk about how the Jets earned their 2002 division title when they needed to win the final 2 games of the season and needed Miami to lose the final 2 games of the season. Yet you call the Dolphins 03 season fake when they were in the exact same spot. 2 games back with 2 games to go. The Dolphins needed to win the final 2 games and needed Denver to lose the final 2 games. Miami won out but didn't get the help the Jets got when Miami lost the final 2.

You are the biggest homer I have ever seen. Lol!!!

Miami had the chance to control their own destiny in 2003, they lost back to back games to Philly and NE and were virtually out of it.

The only reason we needed help was b/c we were so banged up early in the year that we got off to a 1-4, 2-5 start. we proved the 2nd half of the year we were the best int he division including thrashing NE at NE the week before you guys choked(NE wouldn't lose another home game until 2005).

Miami had the chance to control their own destiny in 2003, they lost back to back games to Philly and NE and were virtually out of it.

The only reason we needed help was b/c we were so banged up early in the year that we got off to a 1-4, 2-5 start. we proved the 2nd half of the year we were the best int he division including thrashing NE at NE the week before you guys choked(NE wouldn't lose another home game until 2005).

Needing help is needing help. Both teams were in the exact same situation heading in to the last two games. Both teams won the last 2 games, but the Jets got help and Miami didn't. You are crowing over an achievement that was accomplished on another teams failure, and then have the nerve to say Miami was in fake contention when the situations were identical. You are becoming like your team....a joke. Lol!!

You aren't trying b/c there isn't anything to back you up unlike the facts that support the Jets. 5th in playoff apps, 4th in playoff wins- clearly one of the best teams in the conf.

The '00 Jets were 6-1, 9-4. Their collapse allowed Miami to win the division.

The only time we relied on a team losing in order to clinch a spot was 2002 and that happened only b/c we started 1-4, 2-5 b/c we had a million injuries.

The jets were done in week 17 of '08, Miami had nothing to do w/ it. we could have played UM and still lost.

The facts are the Jets have 5 more playoff apps since 2001 and 6 more playoff wins. Compare yourself w/ Buffalo as it's much closer.

Miami 2 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins
Buffalo 0 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins

MUCH closer.

No, that is not the facts. Even if you exclude Miami's 2000 playoff app and win, the Jets only have 4 more playoff apps since 2001. From 2000 to 2011 it is only 3 more playoff apps, 1 less division title and only 7 more regular season wins. Prior to 2009, it was only 1 more playoff app. 4 playoff wins in 2 years boost the Jets in the standings, but it doesn't change a decade of mediocre football and make the Jets one of the best in that time span. NE, Pitt, Bal, and Indy are the best AFC teams from 2000 to now. All have a winning percentage above .600; won their division multiple times and have actually made it to the Super Bowl. The Jets belong in the 2nd tier with teams like Den, SD and Tenn.

The 00 Dolphins were 5-2 and only 1 game back. It very different to be a game back with 9 games to play than to be 2 games back with 2 games left to play. The 2002 Jets needed Miami to lose both games to end the season, the 2004 Jets needed a Buff loss the final week, and the 2009 Jets needed Indy to lay down to clinch a spot.

The Dolphins have 2 more playoff apps and 16 more regular season wins than the Bills, and that is close. The Jets have only 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins and only 7 more wins and we don't compare to that greatness. :lol2: Where is Vaark's photo of the Ostridge looking in the mirror and seeing a reflection of Brad Pitt when you need it. :chuckle:

Miami had everything to do with beating the Jets since they were the team that actually beat them in week 17. The 02 Jets had to rely on Miami losing 2 games to end the season and had nothing to do with it.

Needing help is needing help. Both teams were in the exact same situation heading in to the last two games. Both teams won the last 2 games, but the Jets got help and Miami didn't. You are crowing over an achievement that was accomplished on another teams failure, and then have the nerve to say Miami was in fake contention when the situations were identical. You are becoming like your team....a joke. Lol!!

Things look a lot different when looked at through green lenses. :lol:

our team is awful, we lost our best O and D players, you guys were penciled into the playoffs a few weeks ago and yet we are still ahead of you.

It doesn't make me happy to be in 2nd in a bad division w/ no realistic shot at the playoffs but for all the talk you guys have done about the jets and every year how I hear Miami is so much better how come we always finish ahead?

It's true. We're all morons and know nothing about the NFL. Our team is **** and we're all going to hell for talking about the playoffs in Week 9 of a 17 Week season.

we've been one of the best teams in the AFC the last decade or so, I think we are 4th or 5th in playoff wins. You guys don't have a playoff win in the last decade.

The dolphins have not exceeded expectations, teams go from bad to good right away. You were supposedly a playoff team after you beat us. Remember all the Tannehill vs. Luck matchups we'll see? the new Brady vs. Manning. Come on.

Not only one of the best but one of the elite. Remember?

if the Jets win or lose it doesn't change my life. Sure I am happer when thet win but do you think I am crying in a corner and can't go on w/ my life if they lose? I feel bad for you.

Ah so when you talk to a guy whose favorite team is actually one of the best you say life goes on yet when you engage in chats with us loser Dolphins fans, you're here all day and every day during the week to put us in our place and to speak nothing but truths.

That's telling all in itself.

No, that is not the facts. Even if you exclude Miami's 2000 playoff app and win, the Jets only have 4 more playoff apps since 2001. From 2000 to 2011 it is only 3 more playoff apps, 1 less division title and only 7 more regular season wins. Prior to 2009, it was only 1 more playoff app. 4 playoff wins in 2 years boost the Jets in the standings, but it doesn't change a decade of mediocre football and make the Jets one of the best in that time span. NE, Pitt, Bal, and Indy are the best AFC teams from 2000 to now. All have a winning percentage above .600; won their division multiple times and have actually made it to the Super Bowl. The Jets belong in the 2nd tier with teams like Den, SD and Tenn.

The 00 Dolphins were 5-2 and only 1 game back. It very different to be a game back with 9 games to play than to be 2 games back with 2 games left to play. The 2002 Jets needed Miami to lose both games to end the season, the 2004 Jets needed a Buff loss the final week, and the 2009 Jets needed Indy to lay down to clinch a spot.

The Dolphins have 2 more playoff apps and 16 more regular season wins than the Bills, and that is close. The Jets have only 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins and only 7 more wins and we don't compare to that greatness. :lol2: Where is Vaark's photo of the Ostridge looking in the mirror and seeing a reflection of Brad Pitt when you need it. :chuckle:

Miami had everything to do with beating the Jets since they were the team that actually beat them in week 17. The 02 Jets had to rely on Miami losing 2 games to end the season and had nothing to do with it.

Things look a lot different when looked at through green lenses. :lol:

I went 2001-2011, a 10 year span. even if you go back to 2000 it's 6 playoff apps to 3 ang 6 playoff wins to 1- still a destruction.

we are in 2012 so keep making the "prior to" excuse but '09 & '10 count.

It's funny how you mention the 4 teams ahead of us but cut it off at Baltimore who has 1 more playoff app since '01 and the same amount of playoff wins.

If we don't choke in '00 or '08 you don't win either div title but we did and you earned it, stop making excuses.

2001-2011:

Jets 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
Miami 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
Buf 0 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins

1 of these is not like the other

you faced NE who you had to beat to stay alive, we didn't have that opportunity in week 15, we did in week 167 of '02 and we crushed NE at Foxboro.

Ah so when you talk to a guy whose favorite team is actually one of the best you say life goes on yet when you engage in chats with us loser Dolphins fans, you're here all day and every day during the week to put us in our place and to speak nothing but truths.

That's telling all in itself.

it sounds like you have issues w/ that, is there something you want to talk about? maybe w/ a professional?

it sounds like you have issues w/ that, is there something you want to talk about? maybe w/ a professional?

You're already a shrink too aren't you? You're never wrong and are here to bring peace to this site full of delusional dolts.

he didn't deserve to be benchec before yesterday.

I don't want to make excuses and ultimately he is judged on his performance regardless of circumstances but he doesn't have much help.

southpark_tearlick-1.gif

I went 2001-2011, a 10 year span. even if you go back to 2000 it's 6 playoff apps to 3 ang 6 playoff wins to 1- still a destruction.

we are in 2012 so keep making the "prior to" excuse but '09 & '10 count.

It's funny how you mention the 4 teams ahead of us but cut it off at Baltimore who has 1 more playoff app since '01 and the same amount of playoff wins.

If we don't choke in '00 or '08 you don't win either div title but we did and you earned it, stop making excuses.

2001-2011:

Jets 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
Miami 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
Buf 0 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins

1 of these is not like the other

2001 to 2011 is 11 NFL seasons. You don't like to back up 1 more year because it adds another Dolphins playoff app and win and does not add any for the Jets. 3 more playoff apps is not the difference between one of the worst teams over that time span and one of the best. The Dolphins were definitely one of the worst, so that only leaves one other option. 09 / 10 count, but I am just pointing out how close the Jets were to Miami prior to that. 2 crazy runs in 09 / 10 (that account for nearly 70% of the Jets playoff win total over that time) does not change nearly a decade of mediocre football.

I cut it off at Bal because that is the last of the best teams from 2000 to 2012. The rest do not qualify. Bal has a Super Bowl win, 2 more division titles (on their way to 3 more) and a .604 winning % (compared to Jets .515) It is funny how the best teams continue to be the best while the Jets keep hovering around .500 like they have the past decade.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on, so how exactly did Miami need them to choke? The 02 Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to play and they wouldn't play Miami in either game. The 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need the Jets to blow those games against other teams. Even if the Jets kept pace, Miami would beat the Jets themselves in week 17 to give them the division title. That is totally different than the Jets needing to rely on other teams like they did in several of their playoff apps. Those are not excuses, they are the facts.

2001 to 2011 is 11 NFL seasons. You don't like to back up 1 more year because it adds another Dolphins playoff app and win and does not add any for the Jets. 3 more playoff apps is not the difference between one of the worst teams over that time span and one of the best. The Dolphins were definitely one of the worst, so that only leaves one other option. 09 / 10 count, but I am just pointing out how close the Jets were to Miami prior to that. 2 crazy runs in 09 / 10 (that account for nearly 70% of the Jets playoff win total over that time) does not change nearly a decade of mediocre football.

I cut it off at Bal because that is the last of the best teams from 2000 to 2012. The rest do not qualify. Bal has a Super Bowl win, 2 more division titles (on their way to 3 more) and a .604 winning % (compared to Jets .515) It is funny how the best teams continue to be the best while the Jets keep hovering around .500 like they have the past decade.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on, so how exactly did Miami need them to choke? The 02 Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to play and they wouldn't play Miami in either game. The 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need the Jets to blow those games against other teams. Even if the Jets kept pace, Miami would beat the Jets themselves in week 17 to give them the division title. That is totally different than the Jets needing to rely on other teams like they did in several of their playoff apps. Those are not excuses, they are the facts.

I know but I took a 10 year(not season) period. obviously '02-'11 makes us look better than '00-'11 though we still are one of the best either way and still far ahead of Miami.

so let's take away the Giants SBs the last 5 years then too. Did '09 & '10 happen? then stop whining about it. I can say 100% of your SB wins came in a 2 year period, take those 2 years away and you have none.

Miami won the div by 2 games over us, we held the tiebreakers based on sweeping you and we went 0-3 the last 3 weeks and lost 6 of our last 9. We handed you the division based on your logic.

we were a DEAD team in week 17 in '08 and we atill nearly beat you. we blew the division the weeks prior where our only win was a defensive TD late against Buf as they were trying to run out the clock.

I know but I took a 10 year(not season) period. obviously '02-'11 makes us look better than '00-'11 though we still are one of the best either way and still far ahead of Miami.

so let's take away the Giants SBs the last 5 years then too. Did '09 & '10 happen? then stop whining about it. I can say 100% of your SB wins came in a 2 year period, take those 2 years away and you have none.

Miami won the div by 2 games over us, we held the tiebreakers based on sweeping you and we went 0-3 the last 3 weeks and lost 6 of our last 9. We handed you the division based on your logic.

we were a DEAD team in week 17 in '08 and we atill nearly beat you. we blew the division the weeks prior where our only win was a defensive TD late against Buf as they were trying to run out the clock.

Are you trying to say that Super Bowl wins are the same as playoff wins that result in nothing? They are completely different.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. The 02 Jets were down 2 games with 2 games to go and the won the division on a tie breaker at 9-7. That is not even close to being the same. What happens early in the season can be overcome. When you still need to rely on another team (that you don't even play) losing in order to make it (in the last week or 2), is completely different. That was the case with the Jets in several seasons, and was not the case with the 00, or 08 Dolphins.

Are you trying to say that Super Bowl wins are the same as playoff wins that result in nothing? They are completely different.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. The 02 Jets were down 2 games with 2 games to go and the won the division on a tie breaker at 9-7. That is not even close to being the same. What happens early in the season can be overcome. When you still need to rely on another team (that you don't even play) losing in order to make it (in the last week or 2), is completely different. That was the case with the Jets in several seasons, and was not the case with the 00, or 08 Dolphins.

ohhhh we can remove our playoff wins from a 2 year span but not your SB wins, got it:rolleyes2:

the 2000 Jets held the tiebreaker, the 200 Jets lost 6 of their last 9. If they went just 5-4 instead of 3-6 we win the division but we lost our last 3 and 6 of 9. I'm using your weak excuses here.

the only season we relied on teams losing week 17 was 2002. In 2008 you needed us to lose 4 of 5 to end the season, in 2000 you needed us to lose 6 of 9.

The bottom line is this, you guys have ONE playoff app since 2002, you have ONE playoff win since 2000. You are far beneath us in recent, relevant times. Even as bad as we were last year we were ahead of you, as bad as we have been this year we will likely finish ahead of you.

Back
Top Bottom