Saturday draft thread. Rounds 4-7 | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday draft thread. Rounds 4-7

After so-so 3rd and very underwhelming 4th rounds, I like our 5th. Two nice picks with potential for immediate contribution.

Mike Gillisley: "i've always dreamed of being a Dolphin."

By trading Bess and drafting Sturgis, Miami will save almost $3.5M, once Carpenter is released or traded. I can see why they did what they did, with a huge cap number in 2014 they did what they did to manage the cap moving forward. It's smart Money Management IMHO. The only questionable pick was the Will Davis pick. Although he's got alot to learn it seems Miami liked him enough to draft him. I like what the Stanford coach was saying about Johnathan Martin and his offseason work. I get the feeling Clabo or someone else is in play as a F/A signing after the draft ends. I think Dallas Thomas is going to be Miami's starting LG with Incognito moving to RG. He wasn't the sexiest pick, but again, I understand why they might have drafted him, he can definitely pull and is a better player at Guard than Tackle.

Will all these Gators bring the fans to the stands? Is that what's behind the home state selections?

Agreed. I watch every florida game. The rb and k selections are not huge wide outs, but they both will help us win games. They will both start this year too. Gil was phenomenal when the gators were in tough 3rd down situations. And sturgus was automatic. Two good picks folks.

Back
Top Bottom