say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

+1 to that, but I just don't see Ingram being worth the 15. maybe if we trade into the mid 20's and he's still there I would snag him in a heartbeat. Also you have to take into account neither of the above backs mentioned were first round picks..

I agree with you there. I wouldn't pick him at 15 but then I fully expect us to trade down in the first and end up picking somewhere around 25.

+1 to that, but I just don't see Ingram being worth the 15. maybe if we trade into the mid 20's and he's still there I would snag him in a heartbeat. Also you have to take into account neither of the above backs mentioned were first round picks..

He definnitely is worth the number 15 overall and he won't be there in the 20's. That being said, I understand why people don't want to select him there at 15 with the recent success of RB's later in the draft or even undrafted.

I'm just looking at our draft spot and it just doesn't seem to fall well for us . . . and Ingram fills a big need and he is the best player. To take a lineman over him that can't replace Jake Long in 2 years (meaning a guy with quality LT ability in case something happens to Jake or we can't resign him) just won't cut it. If its a QB, I can't argue that . . . if Julio Jones or AJ Green somehow fall, I can't argue that. Even if an elite CB prospect or pass rusher falls, I won't necessarily be thrilled but I will be intrigued. Out of all those positions, the biggest hole is at RB . . . so I think he definitely needs to be in the #15 talk.

If I remember correctly..A guy named Emmitt Smith had a pretty slow forty time too. How did that work out? The fact is, Ingram has game speed, lateral quickness and vision matched by no other back in this draft class. The guy isnt going to be chris johnson, that flashy home run hitter...but he is a hard nosed runner who hits the hole hard and doesnt dance and juke and gets hard yards. Id love to have him personally...

If the FO decide to keep Brown or Williams, then I agree that we should target a back with more speed/elusiveness.

But if things stay the way they are with both currently heading for FA, then I could live with Ingram.

The question I have is which position will Ireland double on TE or RB? If Miami were to keep Ricky then draft Ingram or LeShoure & Carter or Vereen; I'd be fairly satisified.

Ingram seems like a quality guy, and had a nice career against SEC teams, BUT he doesn't really have NFL speed and has had a history of injuries. I just think we can pick up a RB that will be just as good as Ingram later on if we trade down.

Ingram seems like a quality guy, and had a nice career against SEC teams, BUT he doesn't really have NFL speed and has had a history of injuries. I just think we can pick up a RB that will be just as good as Ingram later on if we trade down.

Very misinformed all the way through. This seems to be the general Mark Ingram stereotype type of post for those people who don't want him or haven't seen enough of him.

I'm done defending him, the ball is in the Dolphins court now.

Please list me his history of injurys and number of games missed since HS because of injuries.

If I'm scouting for a return man a slower 40 time will deter me. If I'm scouting a RB and have seen tape on him like that of Ingram, I'd be a fool to ignore that kind of elite talent because of an average 40 time.

If Ingram is there at #15 and we decide to either pass on him or trade down... The Fins will regret it for many many years.

I'm all for taking Mark Ingram if we can trade back and pick up a second rounder.

Ingram at 15 NO, Ingram at say......23-25 yes.

Then again I say we trade back, pick up Costonzo at 23-25 and draft Williams or Leshoure with a second rounder.

If you pound the rock enough against SEC defenses week in and week out, you're going to sustain some "injuries".... there's no way around it. Everybody has injuries they have to deal with... nobody plays a full season completely healthy.

The point is you have to drag your a** out there and perform with 'em... Mark Ingram hasn't missed any games because of "injury". He didn't play the first 2 games of this season because he chose to have a clean up of his knee done just prior to the start of the season.

I just don't want another "John Avery" at RB. Remember taking him in the first round out of Ole Miss in the late 90's? I think he lasted less than two seasons.

I just don't want another "John Avery" at RB. Remember taking him in the first round out of Ole Miss in the late 90's? I think he lasted less than two seasons.

Dude!!! Are you really comparing M.Ingram to John Avery????

Back
Top Bottom