say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

are you guys insane? mark ingram is an absolute beast. he is an athlete and a durable powerful runningback. and by the way his first ten yards was quicker than most of all the fastest players.

If you are looking for a running back,get the best one.
If you're looking for a QB,go get the best one.
STOP BARGAIN SHOPPING and hoping it works out.
That's what this team has been doing for years....that's
why we have been crap for so long.

a few years back we drafted a Runningback who was big, powerful, downhill runner....by the name of Ronnie Brown. The type of guy who keeps moving, is hard to tackle, plows through some people...and years later, he hasnt done toooooo much for us. Last year the Bills selected supposedly the "best prospect RB in years" in CJ Spiller, and what...didnt he have like 7 yards against us? Lol.

You DONT take an RB in the 1st round, just like you dont take a WR in the 1st round anymore. You can get a guy like Ryan Williams or Mike LeShoure who may not be top notch, but are also really good in the 2nd round.

OR, you can keep Ronnie since hes only a...what...5th year player? Utilize Lex Hilliard a bit more, a guy who is said to be quite powerful, and then pickup a 2nd round pick and use it on Ryan Williams.

This team has far greater needs than an RB. Personally I didnt think RB was an issue for us last year. OL and QB were, and so were consistent WRs.

Also, didnt Ingram lose his job to the backup in his final year?

a few years back we drafted a Runningback who was big, powerful, downhill runner....by the name of Ronnie Brown. The type of guy who keeps moving, is hard to tackle, plows through some people...and years later, he hasnt done toooooo much for us. Last year the Bills selected supposedly the "best prospect RB in years" in CJ Spiller, and what...didnt he have like 7 yards against us? Lol.

You DONT take an RB in the 1st round, just like you dont take a WR in the 1st round anymore. You can get a guy like Ryan Williams or Mike LeShoure who may not be top notch, but are also really good in the 2nd round.

OR, you can keep Ronnie since hes only a...what...5th year player? Utilize Lex Hilliard a bit more, a guy who is said to be quite powerful, and then pickup a 2nd round pick and use it on Ryan Williams.

This team has far greater needs than an RB. Personally I didnt think RB was an issue for us last year. OL and QB were, and so were consistent WRs.

I think if you know a RB is going to be the next Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson than it is worth a 1st round pick, but I have to agree with you that RB's are probably the biggest commodity out there and you can get RB's after the first round who can turn into stud all-pros. I would rather draft a QB in round one (depending on who is on the board), OR, we should trade down and recoup our 2nd rounder and if Ingram is around at say 23 or later, then draft him, but at least get back our 2nd rounder in doing this.

Mark Ingram is a beast though. How can you hate on his 40 time when he had the fastest 10-yard dash at the combine? Dude ****ing explodes-- just what we need instead of Ronnie's *****-foot wait-and-see running style.

The guy had the fastest 10 yard dash.....

Darius Heyward Bay must be the best receiver in the NFL then right?

Its about value, and i just dont see drafting him at 15 any type of value pick

a few years back we drafted a runningback who was big, powerful, downhill runner....by the name of ronnie brown. The type of guy who keeps moving, is hard to tackle, plows through some people...and years later, he hasnt done toooooo much for us. Last year the bills selected supposedly the "best prospect rb in years" in cj spiller, and what...didnt he have like 7 yards against us? Lol.

You dont take an rb in the 1st round, just like you dont take a wr in the 1st round anymore. You can get a guy like ryan williams or mike leshoure who may not be top notch, but are also really good in the 2nd round.

Or, you can keep ronnie since hes only a...what...5th time injured player? Utilize lex hilliard a bit more, a guy who is said to be quite powerful, and then pickup a 2nd round pick and use it on ryan williams.

This team has far greater needs than an rb. Personally i didnt think rb was an issue for us last year. Ol and qb were, and so were consistent wrs.

Also, didnt ingram lose his job to the backup in his final year?
this?

Rnnie Brown ran #2 behind C. WIlliams at Auburn. He was not the feature back. He was taken at number 2 because the logic was that he was just as good as williams but had less wear and tear. Still, he wasn't the every down back and we drafted him him know that that was a big ???? Ronnie turned out to be a good back but he just got the injury big and never really broke out.

Ingram is a feature back. The SEC produces some of the toughest teams in the nation and the man ran over them. He is a proven commodity. Taking him at 15 is a steal compared to what we spent on RB a few years ago.

like an earlier poster said, we have ben bargain shopping for years. We need to start taking chances on studs now.

said this since day 1... kid ran a 4.62 forty. please no more slow backs....EVER AGAIN

give me deangelo williams. this way if we dump ricky, we can all save our 34 jerseys.

The only reason to not take Ingram is because he's going in the 1st round. We all know that he'll be a great back regardless of 40 time. I just don't think you need to spend a 1st round pick on a RB when there are guys like Jordan Toddman, Dion Lewis, Allen Bradford, Bilal Powell, Mario Fannin, Quiz Rodgers, Derrick Locke, and Johny White available in the later rounds. Not to mention Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure in the 2nd round. RBs get beat up and they tend to have short careers. We should use our 1st round picks on players that have a higher probability of having long successful careers. It's a rarity when a player like Emmit Smith or Laadanian Tomlinson comes around and dominates at RB for years and stays healthy.

The only reason to not take Ingram is because he's going in the 1st round. We all know that he'll be a great back regardless of 40 time. I just don't think you need to spend a 1st round pick on a RB when there are guys like Jordan Toddman, Dion Lewis, Allen Bradford, Bilal Powell, Mario Fannin, Quiz Rodgers, Derrick Locke, and Johny White available in the later rounds. Not to mention Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure in the 2nd round. RBs get beat up and they tend to have short careers. We should use our 1st round picks on players that have a higher probability of having long successful careers. It's a rarity when a player like Emmit Smith or Laadanian Tomlinson comes around and dominates at RB for years and stays healthy.

And, as dynamic as LT was in his prime, what did he ever win?

Emmit Smith played on the most dominant team of the last 20 years - behind the most dominant O-line . . . ever?

Both were GREAT players - among the all time best regardless of position. The position just isn't that valuable.

Thomas Jones looked very good behind a Jets O-line fueled by Bill Callahan's genius. He didn't look so great in KC. If you have a good system in place, you can find very productive RB's in later rounds. If you don't, you're not winning **** anyway.

i just looked up highlights of Ingram, Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure. Well people definitely have a point, Ingram IS powerful and will burst through you....but lets not forget this is the NFL, and we already have a runningback who can burst through people. Ingram can power his way trough college players, but can he power his way through a....Ray Lewis? Casey Hampton? Bart Scott? Karlos Dansby? Who knows..

Mikel Leshoure is purely a guy who has agility and speed. I dont see him as the type who powers through defenders even though hes got good size. After watching his highlights, he seems like a Chris Johnson type.

Ryan Williams has a mix of both. He can run around you or through you...sometimes.

But again, this IS the NFL.

Leshoure =/= CJ2K in any way, shape, or form. Only thing they have in common is dreadlocks. Mikel ran marginally faster than Ingram at the combine and doesn't have the same explosiveness off the line nor the same vision.

I have no idea how anybody on here can say they watched the games last year, and our running game wasn't suspect.

Back
Top Bottom