say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

This draft is packed with RB and Defensive line talent. That is my point. I just don't believe that Ingram is going to be our savior. I believe that type of player is a QB, and therefore i think that's what we should draft at 15. If we draft a QB at 15 i think we can find fine RB talent in the later rounds. I understand and partially agree with no bargain hunting for Qb's OR Rb's but you are going to have to bargain hunt for one or the other, as we only have a first rounder and no second to speak of at this point. If our team goes on a bargain hunt i would rather it be at the RB position.

I'm not going to boo out loud if we end up drafting him. I'm a game**** fan (SEC) and understand the recent history of Ingram. So it's not that i am anti Mark Ingram as much as i am pro -draft a QB in round one.

I agree..QB is the most important...
If we target a QB...go get the best one.
Don't try to trade down,get a few extra picks and try to grab a VALUE QB in the later rounds and hope he works out.
I use the same philosophy on a RB,if that's what we are targeting.Same for a tackle,DE or whatever.
Just stop bargain shopping with volume picks.

There is no real science to the draft, but you can't say "we shouldn't take Ingram" because Green Bay doesn't have a drafted RB, or because of Arian Foster was undrafted . . . that IMO is a dumb philosophy (not saying u said this but just putting it out there) . . . you take Ingram because he is the BPA and fills a HUGE need on this team. He steps in, is a 3 down back, offensive playmaker and a starter from day 1 meaning he fills a need. . . I mean can you hit a bigger homerun with the first pick? Not too many guys have that kind of value for the Fins at 15.

I'm not assuming any trade downs until it happens, if we trade down, so be it . . . but anybody who would be "disappointed" with the Ingram pick needs to reevaluate the Miami Dolphins, the situation this regime is in and look at the selection again . . . and stop worrying about the next team and what they did.

I agree that you can't just look at Arian Foster or Ryan Grant and say that we can just pick up a free agent RB and be successful. But its not just Arian Foster and Ryan Grant. ONE out of twelve playoff teams started a running back that they invested a first round pick in. ONE! Unfortunately, looking at it, you're probably right. Who else do we take at 15 if it's not a QB that makes sense? That's why we can't be at 15 when we pick. Kind of a no man's land for our needs.

You can absolutely look at Foster and Grant and Starks.

What we need at RB as far as production can and should be had in the later rounds.

What we need at RB as far as production can and should be had in the later rounds.

Why stick with just those 2 examples, though, when there are so many more. Marginalizes the fact that 11 or 12 playoff teams got their RB's without blowing a first round pick and 11 of the top 16 rushers in the league were taken in round 2 or later.

When was the last time Miami hit on a late round gem?

Like Hilliard and Parmalee right?

Same argument for those wanting to pass on WR (Jones)

Like Turner and Hartline right?

Get the best guy, get it over with . . . and on to the next one.

Not nearly as complicated as you'd think to find a competent or even stud RB in the middle rounds.
Compentent players across our whole team,bargain shopping has kept us around .500 for years.
Start drafting the best players for as many positions as you can.

Not nearly as complicated as you'd think to find a competent or even stud RB in the middle rounds.

Name all the All-pro RB's in the history
(recent)of the Dolphins taken in the later rounds.
Or QB's for that matter.
or wide outs
or linemen.

Name all the All-pro RB's in the history
(recent)of the Dolphins taken in the later rounds.
Or QB's for that matter.
or wide outs
or linemen.

QB's, wideouts, and lineman have nothing to do with it. I'm referring to the relative ease with which starting (or even star) caliber runners can be found in rounds 2-4. This regime hasn't spent that kind of pick on that position here, but Ireland was with the Cowboys when they drafted Marion Barber in the 4th round and was seemingly involved in the scouting of Tashard Choice before he came here.

QB's, wideouts, and lineman have nothing to do with it. I'm referring to the relative ease with which starting (or even star) caliber runners can be found in rounds 2-4. This regime hasn't spent that kind of pick on that position here, but Ireland was with the Cowboys when they drafted Marion Barber in the 4th round and was seemingly involved in the scouting of Tashard Choice before he came here.

Then why hasn't Miami been able to do it?
Draft the best talent at whatever position you are targeting.
I'm not just talking RB's...Miami trys to bargain shop for most of their positions.
Then,they overspend on trades,like B.Marshall,which then,causes them to trade down to recoup lost picks.
The way Miami does it isn't working.

C'mon Namor... do you really want to see Mark have to come here and deal with the morons Miami has running the show...

He'd be better off in New England where Belichek can run Miami's a** into the ground with him and Tom Brady after Miami passes on him... Meanwhile, Sparano and Ireland can fight for their jobs with late round "gems" and crippled UDFA's like Lex Hilliard and Sheets...

Maybe they can even add a Noel Devine or Shaun Draughn in the later rounds to make it a fair competition...

Then why hasn't Miami been able to do it?
Draft the best talent at whatever position you are targeting.
I'm not just talking RB's...Miami trys to bargain shop for most of their positions.
Then,they overspend on trades,like B.Marshall,which then,causes them to trade down to recoup lost picks.
The way Miami does it isn't working.

Yeah I can see what you're saying there, but I think RB is one position that we haven't bargain shopped on that we can. Hell I'd rather trade our first this year for a 2nd this year and a first next year so I have a real hope of a franchise qb and a superbowl in the next decade.

C'mon Namor... do you really want to see Mark have to come here and deal with the morons Miami has running the show...

He'd be better off in New England where Belichek can run Miami's a** into the ground with him and Tom Brady after Miami passes on him... Meanwhile, Sparano and Ireland can fight for their jobs with late round "gems" and crippled UDFA's like Lex Hilliard and Sheets...

Maybe they can even add a Noel Devine or Shaun Draughn in the later rounds to make it a fair competition...

It just kills me......
VALUE...I hate that word...Miami has value drafted so much...we've valued our
way away from the playoffs for a decade.
Here is a plan for the front office.
Stop trying to outsmart yourself with value,stop overspending on trades,Get one
or two (don't worry about the cost)big time free agents,not several crap ones.
DRAFT the best talent at whatever position you are targeting.

Back
Top Bottom