SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

I'm sure there are many players that don't want to live in Miami. I'm a huge Dolphins fan and I don't want to live there even if you pay me to.
Just out of curiosity, might I ask why?

Just out of curiosity, might I ask why?
I hate the heat.....even here in central Florida is hot enough but in Miami is even worse. on top of that the crime in Miami is bad so those are two of the top reasons for me not to want to be there and oh btw, traffic is horrible there too and drivers are jerks.

When the president said something like that about their star QB, it tells me the situation is beyond salvage.

Grier, moves mountain if you have to, get us Rodgers. I want a ring before Alzheimers set in.

I think it already has.

But if it is, we should definitely pull the trigger. What if it is for next year's 1st, and the next year's 2 firsts. That is a great deal for the reigning MVP. Plus we keep Tua and let him learn behind him.
Three number 1's for a 37 year old QB that has been nicked up quite a bit in his career and who seems to be more and more concerned about his life after football? I don't really like it.

Coaching...personnel management.

Example...in 2020 instead of drafting needed help for the leagues MVP...they draft a Project QB with a first round pick.
Many people on here don't want to cut a rookie QB any slack for an average rookie season while his supporting cast on offense was a joke, but people are sure quick to excuse Aaron Rodgers for just about everything. No doubt he is immensely talented but he sure does come up empty quite a bit in the clutch. Aaron Rodgers ranks behind Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, and Joe Flacco in fourth quarter comebacks. What does that say about him? He also has an abrasive personality. Hell, his own family doesn't talk to him. He has alienated teammates, coaches, GM's, and now many fans.
Rodgers is a great talent but he isn't flawless.

I hate the heat.....even here in central Florida is hot enough but in Miami is even worse. on top of that the crime in Miami is bad so those are two of the top reasons for me not to want to be there and oh btw, traffic is horrible there too and drivers are jerks.
You have to put yourself in their shoes. During their playing career, nfl players have to live in big cities, except may be off season. In terms of big cities, Miami traffic is nothing. And as of crimes, all big cities have crimes. In relative, Miami offers sun and fun, and much more.

You need top tier qb now to win SB.
Well obviously Rogers hasn’t been a top tier QB for over a decade because the Packers haven’t been in the SB in the last 10 years. I’ll take my chances with Tua and the Packers can have Rogers.

Well obviously Rogers hasn’t been a top tier QB for over a decade because the Packers haven’t been in the SB in the last 10 years. I’ll take my chances with Tua and the Packers can have Rogers.
MVP 2020

First off, I'm not really interested in Rodgers. Not at 37 anyway. But I think the narrative that he chokes in big games is untrue.

Look at the NFC Championship last year. Rodgers clearly outplayed Brady, who had three interceptions, but was bailed out by the defense. The difference in that game? Start with GB being outcoached. TB also had more talent on defense and at wide receiver.

Rodgers, like Marino, has more than often had to play the superman role for his team to win. That's hard to do in the playoffs against better teams.
In the NFC Championship game Rodgers went 4-11 for 54 yards and a QB rating of 52.8 in the 4th QTR after going 29-37 for 292 yards and a QB rating of 115.3 QB rating in the 1st 3 QTRS.

Did the talent TB had on defense suddenly change in the 4th QTR?

I think he doesn't like places like NY, or Carolina. When it comes to Miami, I wouldn't think he would say no. What NFL player does not want to come to city like Miami?
There have been multiple players over the years who have chosen to play for other NFL teams instead of the Dolphins.
Rogers was born in California and played his college football in California. His future wife works and lives in California and the weather in the west is a lot more comfortable for the majority of the year in the west than it is in Florida.

I think if Rogers wanted to play in Miami, he would have listed the Dolphins as one of the teams he would be willing to be traded to. Since he didn’t that makes it appear to me that he doesn’t want to play for the Dolphins.

If he is traded from the Packers, I think he will end up playing for the Broncos because they seem to be the team most interested in trading for him and that was one of the teams he had on his list that he wanted to be traded to.

Like I stated earlier. He is a great regular season QB and the regular season is what is used to determine the MVP.
It is the playoffs where he has constantly failed since 2010 and he has been on some very good Packer teams over the last 10 years. The reality is that over the last 10 years, the Packers have certainly made the playoffs a number of times but they have a sub 500 record in the playoffs over that time period.

If he couldn’t lead the Packers back to the SB over the last 10 years. I really don’t see him leading the Dolphins to the SB. Perhaps he could lead them to the playoffs but with or without Rogers, the Dolphins aren’t talented enough at this time to beat both the Bills and Chiefs to make it to the SB.

Back
Top Bottom