SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

In the NFC Championship game Rodgers went 4-11 for 54 yards and a QB rating of 52.8 in the 4th QTR after going 29-37 for 292 yards and a QB rating of 115.3 QB rating in the 1st 3 QTRS.

Did the talent TB had on defense suddenly change in the 4th QTR?
I hear you. But overall don't you think he outplayed Brady by a large margin? That's what I'm saying.

Brady gets credit for a win when he almost gave the game away with three interceptions.

Hell let's just get Nick Foles he has won as many super bowls as old sour grapes Rodgers. Or maybe Brett Favre he as 2 super bowl appearances. Let's just grab anyone that has nothing to do with the team's rebuild .

Yes we would have the ring that Rodgers got with GB but we would have no shot at getting another one of our own.

Wouldn’t take Rodgers over Tua?? The level of dumb on this site by so many is truly incredible.
Actually the level of dumb is after 14years returning to FH as a Sloppy Second after being a preferred elsewhere and thinking anyone here gives a flying fvck what you think!!!

If we're so dumb, no one's preventing you from returning to the fading forum from which you fled!

Actually the level of dumb is after 14years returning to FH as a Sloppy Second after being a preferred elsewhere and thinking anyone here gives a flying fvck what you think!!!

If we're so dumb, no one's preventing you from returning to the fading forum from which you fled!
He'll be gone once the season starts and Tua shines.

It's not financially feasible. People are looking at adding Rogers to the current roster, the only problem is it wouldn't be the same roster. We would undoubtedly have to trade major assets to GB for them to consider it, then we would have to start purging the roster to free up salary. Who are you gonna cut and who you gonna trade? If Rodgers was 26, you could do it and have time to recover assets, unfortunately, he's on the far back end of his career, you would be losing draft picks, trading away good players, and taking on a massive contract for what 3 years, maybe? You won't be able to build the roster back quickly enough to take advantage of having Rogers as the QB.
Let's also add the caveat for the potential of injury. So you gut the team to bring him in and let's say he gets injured within his first few games and has to miss the entire season. What do you have then? I'll tell you what you'd have, the 2019 team all over again except you don't have any draft picks to rebuild, you traded them away it obtain Rogers. And last I looked there was no Tunsil on the roster. What if the injury is career-ending? Then this organization is screwed for the next decade, all over again. We're finally heading in a great direction why would you risk it all on one old player? This is just silliness, it's a big no for me and I'm sure it's a big no for the Phins...

He'll be gone once the season starts and Tua shines.
Dude, you guys come across as such elitist snobs that think they own this forum. I'm a die hard Dolphins fan that was born and raised in Miami, and sat on my grandparents' lap in the Orange Bowl during every game of he 1972 perfect season.

I'm rooting for Tua as much as anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that you are 100% certain Tua will be good, and I need to see it first to believe it. The fact that you and this other guy actually think that Tua shining is going to be a bad thing for me to accept perfectly explains why you guys also prefer him to Aaron freaking Rodgers.

Wouldn’t take Rodgers over Tua?? The level of dumb on this site by so many is truly incredible.
Thank goodness you're not the GM. It's not as simple as taking Rogers over Tua. It's deconstructing all you have done for the past 2 years for one player, it's a terrible trade-off. Even swap for the short-term minded here, maybe, but it's not a long-term solution. Stay the course, we're heading to a good spot, consistency...

Thank goodness you're not the GM. It's not as simple as taking Rogers over Tua. It's deconstructing all you have done for the past 2 years for one player, it's a terrible trade-off. Even swap for the short-term minded here, maybe, but it's not a long-term solution. Stay the course, we're heading to a good spot, consistency...
How would you even know what it would take to get Rodgers? You'd dismiss the idea without even doing due diligence and finding out. Thank goodness YOU'RE not the GM.

Dude, you guys come across as such elitist snobs that think they own this forum. I'm a die hard Dolphins fan that was born and raised in Miami, and sat on my grandparents' lap in the Orange Bowl during every game of he 1972 perfect season.

I'm rooting for Tua as much as anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that you are 100% certain Tua will be good, and I need to see it first to believe it. The fact that you and this other guy actually think that Tua shining is going to be a bad thing for me to accept perfectly explains why you guys also prefer him to Aaron freaking Rodgers.
The difference is if Tua busts out in the next year or two we have a solid roster with draft picks, insert a new QB. If Rogers busts out, whether it's injury or father time, you're screwed, you decimated the roster and draft capital to obtain him. You don't think you're not going to have to give up some future 1st round picks? Too much to invest and too high of a risk to place in a 37-year-old veteran...

I don't know if the fact you took the time to research my internet history is scary or sad. Probably a bit of both.

The difference is if Tua busts out in the next year or two we have a solid roster with draft picks, insert a new QB. If Rogers busts out, whether it's injury or father time, you're screwed, you decimated the roster and draft capital to obtain him. You don't think you're not going to have to give up some future 1st round picks? Too much to invest and too high of a risk to place in a 37-year-old veteran...
I perfectly understand the risks that would be involved, and it's not even realistic to think we either have a chance to acquire Rodgers or that we'd even be interested in doing so. But trading a few first round picks for someone of that caliber, even if he only plays 3 more years, would not "decimate" our roster. Additionally, you are working under the assumption that Tua would be part of any deal.

How would you even know what it would take to get Rodgers? You'd dismiss the idea without even doing due diligence and finding out. Thank goodness YOU'RE not the GM.
You're really not that naive, are you? Who said anything about not inquiring, you certainly can inquire but do you think the Packers are gonna just give him away for a bag of chips and a case of beer? If you've followed football as you say you have, how do these deals usually work out? How do you plan to fit his contract under the cap? Who are you getting rid of? The Packers hold the cards, Rogers does not go anywhere unless they say he does, they know that. Whether they trade him or he refuses to play they are still without him next year, if they don't get a considerable return for him, they will let him sit out and stick it to Rogers. They are going to want at a minimum 2 first-rounders and probably a high-profile player in return.

You're really not that naive, are you? Who said anything about not inquiring, you certainly can inquire but do you think the Packers are gonna just give him away for a bag of chips and a case of beer? If you've followed football as you say you have, how do these deals usually work out? How do you plan to fit his contract under the cap? Who are you getting rid of? The Packers hold the cards, Rogers does not go anywhere unless they say he does, they know that. Whether they trade him or he refuses to play they are still without him next year, if they don't get a considerable return for him, they will let him sit out and stick it to Rogers. They are going to want at a minimum 2 first-rounders and probably a high-profile player in return.
Teams figure out how to fit contracts under the cap, speaking of which we will be 60-70 million under it next year. Look back at our draft history and tell me 2 or 3 of literally any of our first round picks over the past 10 years wouldn't be worth Aaron Rodgers. Like I said, it's not even realistic that we would be in the running for him, but the notion that we would be better off with a still unknown in Tua over one of the best QB's in history coming off an MVP season is completely unbelievable to me. A top 5 QB is easily worth both the money and the picks needed to get him, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom