SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

Teams figure out how to fit contracts under the cap, speaking of which we will be 60-70 million under it next year. Look back at our draft history and tell me 2 or 3 of literally any of our first round picks over the past 10 years wouldn't be worth Aaron Rodgers. Like I said, it's not even realistic that we would be in the running for him, but the notion that we would be better off with a still unknown in Tua over one of the best QB's in history coming off an MVP season is completely unbelievable to me. A top 5 QB is easily worth both the money and the picks needed to get him, IMHO.
They figure out how to fit contracts under the cap by mortgaging the future, we did that up until recently, for the past 20 years, and here we are.
Are you advocating jumping back into the fire we just escaped from?

Let this sink in, Rogers carries a cap hit of $37,202,000. You could trade X, DVP, and Will Fuller and you'd still be short cap space...
I believe that's his cap hit to the Packers if traded, I don't think that's what it would cost a team that traded for him, but I'm not 100% certain.

$14,700,000 is his salary plus he has a 6 million roster bonus

In 2021, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $14,700,000, a roster bonus of $6,800,000 and a incentive bonus of $850,000, while carrying a cap hit of $37,202,000 and a dead cap value of $38,356,000.

They figure out how to fit contracts under the cap by mortgaging the future, we did that up until recently, for the past 20 years, and here we are.
Are you advocating jumping back into the fire we just escaped from?
Have we ever "mortgaged the future" by signing a top 5 free agent QB or trading for one and paying him market value? You can't compare the QB position to signing shiny expensive toys like Suh or Mike Wallace. It's a moot point, we're not trading for him anyway.

It's not financially feasible. People are looking at adding Rogers to the current roster, the only problem is it wouldn't be the same roster. We would undoubtedly have to trade major assets to GB for them to consider it, then we would have to start purging the roster to free up salary. Who are you gonna cut and who you gonna trade? If Rodgers was 26, you could do it and have time to recover assets, unfortunately, he's on the far back end of his career, you would be losing draft picks, trading away good players, and taking on a massive contract for what 3 years, maybe? You won't be able to build the roster back quickly enough to take advantage of having Rogers as the QB.
Let's also add the caveat for the potential of injury. So you gut the team to bring him in and let's say he gets injured within his first few games and has to miss the entire season. What do you have then? I'll tell you what you'd have, the 2019 team all over again except you don't have any draft picks to rebuild, you traded them away it obtain Rogers. And last I looked there was no Tunsil on the roster. What if the injury is career-ending? Then this organization is screwed for the next decade, all over again. We're finally heading in a great direction why would you risk it all on one old player? This is just silliness, it's a big no for me and I'm sure it's a big no for the Phins...
Excellent post.........

I don't know if the fact you took the time to research my internet history is scary or sad. Probably a bit of both.
when i see '2007" and 300 odd posts from an unfamiliar name, it's easy to connect the dots. You left here for 14 years cuz we were too dumb for you apparently; if we were second fiddle then, I suspect you are only back and bitching about long standing members because the place you chose is but a shell of what it once was.

Word to the wise: STFU when it comes to criticizing this forum if you don't want it to bounce back on you.

It's not financially feasible. People are looking at adding Rogers to the current roster, the only problem is it wouldn't be the same roster. We would undoubtedly have to trade major assets to GB for them to consider it, then we would have to start purging the roster to free up salary. Who are you gonna cut and who you gonna trade? If Rodgers was 26, you could do it and have time to recover assets, unfortunately, he's on the far back end of his career, you would be losing draft picks, trading away good players, and taking on a massive contract for what 3 years, maybe? You won't be able to build the roster back quickly enough to take advantage of having Rogers as the QB.
Let's also add the caveat for the potential of injury. So you gut the team to bring him in and let's say he gets injured within his first few games and has to miss the entire season. What do you have then? I'll tell you what you'd have, the 2019 team all over again except you don't have any draft picks to rebuild, you traded them away it obtain Rogers. And last I looked there was no Tunsil on the roster. What if the injury is career-ending? Then this organization is screwed for the next decade, all over again. We're finally heading in a great direction why would you risk it all on one old player? This is just silliness, it's a big no for me and I'm sure it's a big no for the Phins...
I find it interesting that all the "what if" scenarios people with a pro-Tua driven mindset present involve worst case scenarios like superstar Qb's getting injured, a need to cut good players, "cap hell", or our lack of ability to continue to build a roster without a few first round picks.

Here's a what if? What if Aaron Rodgers has 3 more MVP type seasons, leads the Dolphins to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, restructures his contract so we don't need to cut anyone significant, we hit on some second round draft picks over the next few years, and Tua is not part of the trade and gets to learn from Rodgers for a few years before taking over?

That's just as realistic as all the doomsday "what if" scenarios.

when i see '2007" and 300 odd posts from an unfamiliar name, it's easy to connect the dots. You left here for 14 years cuz we were too dumb for you apparently; if we were second fiddle then, I suspect you are only back and bitching about long standing members because the place you chose is but a shell of what it once was.

Word to the wise: STFU when it comes to criticizing this forum if you don't want it to bounce back on you.
I take back what I said about the level of dumb by some on this site. You just set the new benchmark for it. Must be nice thinking you have everything and everyone figured out, I'm sure you're fun at parties too. LOL.

I take back what I said about the level of dumb by some on this site. You just set the new benchmark for it. Must be nice thinking you have everything and everyone figured out, I'm sure you're fun at parties too. LOL.
Well in the 140 days you've been back, you've averaged about 2.5 posts/day. Maybe it's time you chipped in to support this site instead of being carried by the majority of us FH-loving dummies and elites you despise so much?

I find it interesting that all the "what if" scenarios people with a pro-Tua driven mindset present involve worst case scenarios like superstar Qb's getting injured, a need to cut good players, "cap hell", or our lack of ability to continue to build a roster without a few first round picks.

Here's a what if? What if Aaron Rodgers has 3 more MVP type seasons, leads the Dolphins to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, restructures his contract so we don't need to cut anyone significant, we hit on some second round draft picks over the next few years, and Tua is not part of the trade and gets to learn from Rodgers for a few years before taking over?

No, it really isn't "just as realistic", IMO.

I find it interesting that many poster are "it's either black, or it's white" with zero allowence for the considerable "grey" area in between.

Most of these huge move scenarios ppl come up with are a matter of odds/risk/reward. Ppl assess, and weigh things differently.

Frankly, the attitude you have seems to be you are right, and anyone that disagrees is an idiot.

Good luck with that......

Well in the 140 days you've been back, you've averaged about 2.5 posts/day. Maybe it's time you chipped in to support this site instead of being carried by the majority of us FH-loving dummies and elites you despise so much?
You know what? I actually agree with you. I think this site is great. Who knows, we might actually end up being regular BFF's. Donating now.

You'd have a better chance of seeing God than that "what-if" scenario occurring.
Sorry, I'm not "pro-Tua" I'm pro-Dolphins, Tua is just one piece in a puzzle of many. He wasn't my first choice but he's my QB now and I support him for the good of the team...

Back
Top Bottom