SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

You'd have a better chance of seeing God than that "what-if" scenario occurring.
Sorry, I'm not "pro-Tua" I'm pro-Dolphins, Tua is just one piece in a puzzle of many. He wasn't my first choice but he's my QB now and I support him for the good of the team...
It might not seem like it but I support him too. He actually was my first choice. I'm just the "I'll believe it when I see it" type. It's not just with Tua. My preference, especially at a position as important as QB, is to take the proven commodity over the potential because it's so rare that these picks become great players. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

The issue is his age, he has a very small window of opportunity. If Tua doesn't work out, we replace him without skipping a beat as far as the other players go. We're the youngest team in the league and we're building on that foundation. If Rogers doesn't bring us a SB in the few years he may have left, we would never be able to recuperate the capital it took to get him and it sets the progress of the build back. If you haven't noticed it's being built primarily through the draft by obtaining as many picks each year as possible. They may bring in vets but very few get more than a year or two deal. They are holding a place for a younger guy to take their place. They are not working on a one-year run, they are building to be competitive and challenge over many years.
They have the right plan in place, we continually add youth to replace the older players, it's cyclical. It's the right approach, obtaining Rogers would be antithetical to what they have been putting into place and therefore I do not see them doing it. I may be wrong and I'm certainly no expert, but I'm willing to bet that's their thoughts on this. They are not looking to be a one-hit-wonder, they want multiple championships.

It's not a binary choice though, and to frame it that way says a lot about one's thought process.

Say you bring in AR. Does that gaurantee a championship? Hell no, so the question is how much does it improve your chances?

He may only have one or two years left. If things don't go well, he's the type that might just say screw it. Now (in your scenerio) you've traded away any shot for a decade?

No brother, that is not what I care to do.

I can see your side, and disagree.

Can you see mine? Or do you think we are all just stupid?
NFL is about know how take chance..pros and cons...Tua route unknown. Still dont guarantee SB either.. Rodgers route give us chance now..you cant look to far into future w NFL team either..

Ask Tampa about that logic
Tampa didn’t have a 15 yr QB on the roster. It’s different. He would be a great fit for Denver, the Raiders, or even the Colts. There are more teams in the NFC but I don’t see the Packers doing that.

NFL is about know how take chance..pros and cons...Tua route unknown. Still dont guarantee SB either.. Rodgers route give us chance now..you cant look to far into future w NFL team either..
Brother, in the last couple years you have been advocating for every single guy that comes available.

Newton, Bridgewater, Winston, Watson, etc, etc.

They can't all be good moves that will bring us a championship can they?

Desperation usually makes for bad choices.

The future is "unknown" with any decision.

Brother, in the last couple years you have been advocating for every single guy that comes available.

Newton, Bridgewater, Winston, Watson, etc, etc.

They can't all be good moves that will bring us a championship can they?

Desperation usually makes for bad choices.

The future is "unknown" with any decision.
Yes I have because we dont have qb.. we haven't had qb since marino..

Yes I have because we dont have qb.. we haven't had qb since marino..
100% correct. I agree Tua has potential, but that means nothing until it's realized. Instead of getting one of the best QBs ever who is coming off an MVP season, we'd rather hang our hat on a guy who, in his last 6 games, had a QB rating of 83, a QBR of 44.8, threw for only 6 TDs vs. 5 INTs, got sacked 16 times, threw for less than 100 yards twice, and got benched twice? This is what doesn't make sense to me, regardless of salary cap and draft picks we'd have to give up. The philosophy that people would rather keep their fingers crossed hoping for a player to become great over getting one that already is doesn't make any sense. I would take Rodgers for 3 years or so over Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, Lance, and Fields right now as well.

And for those who say we couldn't add talent to our roster, I say that an elite QB makes the player every bit as the player makes the QB.

You didn't. But by your logic about Super Bowl wins, you'd be against acquiring a Marino coming off an MVP season in favor of Tua because Marino had zero SB wins? After all, you are critical of trading for Rodgers because he only has 1 instead of the GOAT's 7, which no one should even draw comparison to.

It would be so Dolphinesque after trading Tua to watch him set the league on fire while Rodgers pulls a 1year Jets Favre while hosting Jeopardy and trying to finagle a way home to the West Coast

You didn't. But by your logic about Super Bowl wins, you'd be against acquiring a Marino coming off an MVP season in favor of Tua because Marino had zero SB wins? After all, you are critical of trading for Rodgers because he only has 1 instead of the GOAT's 7, which no one should even draw comparison to.
OK.

Whatever you say.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom