Schad: Like Adam Gase, No, I Haven't Seen Enough Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Like Adam Gase, No, I Haven't Seen Enough Ryan Tannehill

The thing that I get most tired of seeing every week for the better part of the last 2 decades are the mental breakdowns. I am sick and tired of players on both sides of the ball having brain farts on a weekly basis. Why do we have 1 guy playing man on corner when everyone else is playing zone and why has this happened multiple times over the years with different players and different coaches? Tank and Mccain have both pulled this crap and are just 2 examples of many that all of us have witnessed.

The biggest problem is that we allow these players to be on the field week after week even though these mistakes keep happening and on top of that give them ridiculous extensions( yes i'm talking about you Bobby Mccain and Tj Mcdonald).

This is not a talent issue as we have the talent to compete for a playoff spot . We aren't talented enough however to overcome all this mistakes that we are consistently doing every week. What can you do to salvage the season though?

1) Get Mccain off boundary corner- he is blowing assignments far too much and is getting torched out there. Put Tank out there, have him play press coverage, and let him grow

2) Keep Minkah on the damn field- he is our best defensive player and needs to be out there every play. Tj Mcdonald can collect his money from the bench as he is a weak link on the back end and should be replaced.

3) Blitz more- we have a rookie linebacker and a rookie db that were both effective blitzers in college. I have been waiting all year to let Baker and Fitzpatrick blitz off the edge......please let it happen as our defensive line can't do it.

4) Commit to the running game more- we are a good running team and average over 4 yards per carry when we do, why we never do it consistently is beyond me

5) I don't want to see another pass on 3rd and 1 the rest of the season, we have Frank Gore......give him the damn ball or at least let Osweiler QB sneak it forward

I get why Gase still thinks this can be fixed as it really is just mental breakdowns that are costing us at this point. We are a competitive team if players are just put in the right position.

All valid points, the why I see it.

glad yall got years to waste on that bs... real fans want their team to win it all, or at least act like they want to win it all... not ‘babystep’ year to year to year, ad nauseam... aint hypnotizing me with “the process”...

And what if he's right? Because I think he might be.

What if he's right and Tannehill is run out of town and leads some other franchise to a Super Bowl?

OK, you doubt it. I say he's good enough, surrounded by the right talent. Wouldn't that be "so Dolphins?"

You're tired of Tannehill. "I've seen enough!" you declare, as many have

But I haven't. And that makes you angry. And I get it. You think you're stuck in a torture chamber of mediocrity, where Tannehill goes 7-9 to 9-7 until he's 40 years old, and Brady and Belichick finally retire.

But I'm here to tell you Ryan Tannehill is not Miami's biggest problem. Not even close.

And that makes you angrier. "I've seen enough!" you declare, as many have.

But have you considered the alternatives? Do you even have a plan? Or is it just "anybody-but-Tannehill!"

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ill?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

This is the problem: everything has to be perfect for Tannehill to succeed. He needs to have a healthy offensive line and a good running attack. If he was 25, I'd say let's ride it out and see if we can get those two things at the same time for him. However, he's 30 and he hasn't had both in 7 years, so I doubt it's going to happen any time soon. I hope he does go elsewhere and succeed, because he's a good human being, but the team isn't in a place where they can rely on a 30 year old guy to get it together.

This is the problem: everything has to be perfect for Tannehill to succeed. He needs to have a healthy offensive line and a good running attack. If he was 25, I'd say let's ride it out and see if we can get those two things at the same time for him. However, he's 30 and he hasn't had both in 7 years, so I doubt it's going to happen any time soon. I hope he does go elsewhere and succeed, because he's a good human being, but the team isn't in a place where they can rely on a 30 year old guy to get it together.

The only person that doesn't need a healthy line and good running attack to succeed is Aaron Rodgers. One person in the NFL. Who else can succeed with a bad offensive line and bad running game?

And what if he's right? Because I think he might be.

What if he's right and Tannehill is run out of town and leads some other franchise to a Super Bowl?

OK, you doubt it. I say he's good enough, surrounded by the right talent. Wouldn't that be "so Dolphins?"

You're tired of Tannehill. "I've seen enough!" you declare, as many have

But I haven't. And that makes you angry. And I get it. You think you're stuck in a torture chamber of mediocrity, where Tannehill goes 7-9 to 9-7 until he's 40 years old, and Brady and Belichick finally retire.

But I'm here to tell you Ryan Tannehill is not Miami's biggest problem. Not even close.

And that makes you angrier. "I've seen enough!" you declare, as many have.

But have you considered the alternatives? Do you even have a plan? Or is it just "anybody-but-Tannehill!"

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ill?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

I have seen enough but Im just a laymen.

More importantly, I see that now he cannot stay on the field to show what is left to be seen.

Even if he stays, which I believe he will, a successor must be acquired ASAfknP .

As to other teams, I doubt RT would even fetch a #3.

Look, someone else wrote it first: we have failed RT.

It is what it is. It's time to draft the future and hope to God we don't ruin him and that he can make those Goff/Mahomes passes down field.

The 49ers traded for Jimmy G and still drafted a Qb last offseason. That rookie played last night, and gave fans a game.

Apparently Dolphins can't afford to draft a Qb because they’re still trying to develop the loser they picked 7 years ago.

I have seen enough but Im just a laymen.

More importantly, I see that now he cannot stay on the field to show what is left to be seen.

Even if he stays, which I believe he will, a successor must be acquired ASAfknP .

As to other teams, I doubt RT would even fetch a #3.

Look, someone else wrote it first: we have failed RT.

It is what it is. It's time to draft the future and hope to God we don't ruin him and that he can make those Goff/Mahomes passes down field.

Well I think as Joe pointed out in the article he believes Gase would have drafted one those QB last year that he mentioned if he could have. I’m sure they will again assess the FA and draft options in 2019.

Look everyone here would love for Tannehill to be the man, but he just sucks. Sorry to offend anyone but when I watch him I say out loud "he sucks". I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and saw a guy with a Fins shirt on and went up to him and said "Tannehill fan or not?" and he said "yeah he's going to be great". And I said "don't think so bro ... he sucks" and went back to my side of the room. Our fan base can't come together util that loser is done playing QB for our team. Period.

The 49ers traded for Jimmy G and still drafted a Qb last offseason. That rookie played last night, and gave fans a game.

Apparently Dolphins can't afford to draft a Qb because they’re still trying to develop the loser they picked 7 years ago.

Or it is because they have so many other holes despite repeated attempts to fix them.

Just like Henne was going to be a stud after he left the Dolphins (although he may get a super bowl ring this year)

I equate Tannehill to a girlfriend you just can't seem to get rid of. You want to because you know you will be better off, but you'd rather not be single for the short term.

Back
Top Bottom