Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft

the term rebuild the lines, tells me we are probably moving on from James as well. Get young and talented in the trenches next year and have a base to build off of when you get your qb.

The thing is it might be true, but I highly doubt that we revealed our 2 year strategy to Schefter before hiring a coach.

So many things happen from week to week, this may be 1 plan out of 30 that we have.

Non story, next
Schefter got his info from the coaches that we interviewed.

Lol “smokescreen” is the word of the month for April. Everyone here uses nonstop around that time.

You ain't kidding. That, watching people debate who's fault it was when tanny would get sacked, and shooting myself in the leg all being about the same amount of joy to me

I hope that rebuilding the lines doesn't include jettisoning Wake and James. We have enough holes to fill without creating more.

Not that I'm gullible and believe every report out there, but I have been saying this and getting blasted for it, make no mistake about it, we will be tanking for Trevor Lawerence, which is why we should just get it over with and trade a first for a great coach and draft bpa next year and then draft the kid who is going to be the best QB prospect ever

Perfect plan. I don’t care who the 2020 qb is our o-line needs at least 3 upgrades. Great draft to replenish dl as well. Haven’t we been wanting long term vision for some time? Makes perfect sense to me.

I'd say 4 upgrades, as James is NOT worth his draft status or his contract. In fact, I don't think Tunsil's job should be guaranteed. I think Tunsil only gave up one sack. On paper that sounds great. But on the field, was it because he was so dominant or was it because the pass rushers running over the Guards and Center were able to get to the QB faster than Tunsil's guy? I think that the entire line is too weak. The only guys who were somewhat competent were the veteran free agents who were injured early in the season, as once they went out the whole line went down the toilet.

I'm not sure if the problem is due to Philbin and Gase wanting athletic, finesse linemen instead of tough, mean, old-school road-graders, or if the problem is actually the blocking schemes employed by these Coaches. I'd guess that it's both, as the line has been an even bigger problem than ever once Philbin installed his dink-and-dunk short pass based offense, and Gase admitted that he prefers the same style of offense. Miami needs to scrap that dink-and-dunk garbage and build a tough, physical o-line. However, the current Front Office personnel have been unable to find these types of linemen in the draft, and the only competent free agents they sign are over-the-hill veterans who don't last long. I hope the new Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator can recognize and evaluate o-line talent, because no one currently on the team can.

I'm ok with being patient. If Murray is at 13, take him. If he's not, grab someone else.

This article doesn't mean much IMO.

Rebuild? I thought the starting of a rebuild started at the end of last season 2017. Ajayi, Suh, Maxwell, Phillips, Landry, Pouncey, Timmons, J Thomas etc gone. Are we having more key players bigger than that moved?

If this is true I'll be happy. I hate that so many teams put their rookie QB in such an awful situation their rookie year. QBs like Dak, Wilson, Mahomes, all get the benefit of a strong team around them and limit how much they need to personally do.

Get the lines solid, get a coach that can actyutiloze the talent the Fins have in the secondary, and then get a QB in 2020 that can be under rookie contract for 5 years. That'll also allow the Fins to resign X and Tunsil no problem .

This is exactly what I want, unless Kyler Murray becomes available for us. Not a fan of Haskins, Lock, Jones, Grier, etc. There are two teams ahead of us in the Giants and Jaguars who will likely be targeting QBs, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team moves into the top 10 for one and Murray, Haskins, Lock and/or Jones all go ahead of us. If a QB starved team moves ahead of the Giants, then desperation will begin.

That's how we landed Minkah Fitzpatrick last year. QBs are in high demand and will get overdrafted. I'm looking at guys like Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Greedy Williams, Jachai Polite, Devin White, etc. We can easily find another cornerstone piece for this defense at pick #13.

I'd then like to get an interior lineman in the second round, and another defensive player in the third.

I'm no expert. I just watch football. I like Murray a lot, and I'm iffy on Haskins. Not a fan of the others. I'm all in on Tua, Herbert, and Fromm if we can't get/don't like Murray.

Back
Top Bottom