Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft

They don't have one. I'm tired of thinking there's some masterplan. Most of these people, especially Ross, are just flying by the seat of their pants.
That doesn't really make a difference, if there's no plan, how can reporters claim to know what the plan is?

some of problem to oline is they always making change to it every yr. instead of having same player. 80% of dolphins roster are young so how are they going to rebuilt. cut 1qb, 3 DE ,2 og and 1 wr.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I want, unless Kyler Murray becomes available for us. Not a fan of Haskins, Lock, Jones, Grier, etc. There are two teams ahead of us in the Giants and Jaguars who will likely be targeting QBs, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team moves into the top 10 for one and Murray, Haskins, Lock and/or Jones all go ahead of us. If a QB starved team moves ahead of the Giants, then desperation will begin.

That's how we landed Minkah Fitzpatrick last year. QBs are in high demand and will get overdrafted. I'm looking at guys like Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Greedy Williams, Jachai Polite, Devin White, etc. We can easily find another cornerstone piece for this defense at pick #13.

I'd then like to get an interior lineman in the second round, and another defensive player in the third.

I'm no expert. I just watch football. I like Murray a lot, and I'm iffy on Haskins. Not a fan of the others. I'm all in on Tua, Herbert, and Fromm if we can't get/don't like Murray.

i have a feeling the Jags are going to try to go the experienced QB and mid round rookie route. From Gabbert to Bortles, I can't see Coughlin going the rookie route again with that defenses window beginning to close (ala Seattle). A guy like Foles or Fitzpatrick makes sense for Jax.

The Giants will definitely be taking one of Kyler and Haskins though.

80% of dolphins roster are young so how are they going to rebuilt. cut 1qb, 3 DE ,2 og and 1 wr.
That was actually part of my "state of the Dolphins thread" once we hire a coach.

Rebuilding can mean many things: from replacing some parts to firing everybody and start the season with a street falg football team.

Sounds about right. Schefter is probably the most connected dude in the league and this is on the front page of ESPNcom Don’t see why you guys think the Dolphins are any sort of clickbait at all

The saddest thing about this “news” is that it’s probably true. We have to be the dumbest franchise in professional sports. We have the 13th pick, but let’s tell everyone we have no interest in drafting a QB in 2019.

No one is worth the 13th pick that has declared at the qb spot..

i have a feeling the Jags are going to try to go the experienced QB and mid round rookie route. From Gabbert to Bortles, I can't see Coughlin going the rookie route again with that defenses window beginning to close (ala Seattle). A guy like Foles or Fitzpatrick makes sense for Jax.

The Giants will definitely be taking one of Kyler and Haskins though.
Heard Flacco and Jacksonville have mutual interest

Clickbait.
Nobody knows what the exact strategy is until we actually hire a coach. Schefter is playing into some part of the fanbase to get clicks.

They’re hiring Flores, who is not the type of coach who gets full control of the team. I doubt he’s even getting control of the roster like Gase did. Even if he backs out like McDaniels, the plan will be the same.

The only thing I wonder is if Flores basically said his coaching plan is meant to complement what Grier is trying to do. And I’m not talking about losing intentionally, just coaching with an eye towards making the young guys better players in the long run.

nobody knew we were are going to draft a qb before this story.:rolleyes:
or we aim to find peeps that can block. the secret is now out.

That was actually part of my "state of the Dolphins thread" once we hire a coach.

Rebuilding can mean many things: from replacing some parts to firing everybody and start the season with a street falg football team.

I don't see that as a rebuild

Ya, leaking this to media makes no sense whatsoever. What do they get out of it?
We're in the hot stove season now …. they'll say a LOT of conflicting things that they let leak out, so when there is a legitimate leak, it will already be clouded by all of the other false leaks.

You specifically said with the 13th pick.

Haskins is going top 5, we wont get him so I was using that assumption.

OK, gotcha. It’s all assumption at this point. No pro days, no interviews, no combine. I’m sure there will be some risers (maybe Will Grier, Drew Lock, Easton Stick) and maybe some guys who fall down boards. There’s a long way to go before this shakes out. If Murray declares tomorrow, add more intrigue to the top-15.

Back
Top Bottom