Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Dolphins Will Rebuild Lines In 2019; Are Eyeing A Top Ten Pick And New Qb In 2020 Draft

Why would a HC not have full control of the team? If not the HC who does?

Does he mean full control over the 53 man roster? Like what Gase had but Ross tried to get him to relinquish? I would venture to say Grier will have that, not Flores.

You understand the concept of some head coaching candidates having more leverage over teams than others, correct? And you understand a guy who is 37 years old and is currently a linebackers coach typically is not given total control?

You understand the concept of some head coaching candidates having more leverage over teams than others, correct? And you understand a guy who is 37 years old and is currently a linebackers coach typically is not given total control?
Having control over a roster and a team are two different things.

I would assume Grier controls the roster... taking input from a tHe HC.. but making final decisions.

I actually like this... a GM should often think long term.. A head coach with control could panic and make bad win now decisions.

I wouldn’t read too mucb into this except in the senior class. May very well not be interested. They don’t really dig into the 19 underclassmen options til after the draft entry deadline.

Last edited:
Perfect plan. I don’t care who the 2020 qb is our o-line needs at least 3 upgrades. Great draft to replenish dl as well. Haven’t we been wanting long term vision for some time? Makes perfect sense to me.
Agree need find Center and another Guard.

BPA if we are indeed rebuilding. Tunsil and Fitz are safe. Maybe X if the price is not outrageous . Every other position we could use an up grade. Another Tunsil type guy would be nice if we hope to get a top QB down the road.

If they are going to ignore the QB position in 2019... I’ll be finding something else to do...not interested in a year of tanking... hoping to lose enough games to hopefully get the QB you want 2 drafts from now...that just more Dolphin insanity.

I’m cool with a youth movement... building through the draft... but the search for a franchise QB should start now....not in 2 years.

I don’t care about the Rhetoric concerning the QB’s in the 2019 draft...I’ll bet you one or more of these QB’s will succeed!

If they find the guy this year that's fine. Hope they do just the 2020 draft looks much better on paper.
Hey Blue I've been a Fin fan my whole life so I just want to succeed. How we get there is not important to me.

Back
Top Bottom