Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
just heard it on the radio. He just held a PC and announced it. Good for him, I'm glad he's staying :)

good for him, bad for UM, not a bunch of big name out there right now

He has been saying it for weeks. But he told the AD at Miami today, no thanks.

Whatever now we just hire Randy Shannon :yes: who I think is going to be one hell of a head coach.

Thank you Greg Schiano for not allowing Paul Dee to make ANOTHER bad decision!! Time to bring on Randy!

I was reading somewhere else that Randy has actually already been hired, and that Neinas is just helping us bring in an OC for Shannon. That doesn't explain why they'd go after Schiano though. Hopefully just to throw people off, or try to please the alumni calling for Schiano.

because Randy Shannon is the better choice.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Based on what????

Well Im not sure what proof there would be to show but I do think Shannon is going to be a very very very good head coach, possibly even great. Kids really love him, he has good ties with high school coaches down here, and he really gets his guys fired up.

Im fine with missing out on Schiano.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Based on what????

He'd recruit South Florida better...yes he would, don't even bother arguing that jersey man.

He's from the U - he's played here and won a national title, he's been the defensive coordinator here and won a national title. He knows what it takes to win at the U.

He's had success for an extended period of time. Nobody knows whether Schiano is a having a fluke season.

Alex44 said:
Well Im not sure what proof there would be to show but I do think Shannon is going to be a very very very good head coach, possibly even great. Kids really love him, he has good ties with high school coaches down here, and he really gets his guys fired up.

Im fine with missing out on Schiano.

That's fine, but you can't just say he is a better choice, he has not done anything as a head coach yet. That's just my point.

Back
Top Bottom