Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers

Tony Soprano made him an offer he couldnt refuse. Kind of surprised he turned down the U, glad he did though.

Crowder52 said:
I would argue it would be easier to win a title coming from the Big East than it would from the Big-10 or ACC. Less competition. Let's face it, if Rutgers went undefeated this season it's hard to imagine them not being in the argument for the title game.

Even if RU went undefeated they still wouldn't have made the title game. That wouldn't happen in the ACC, w/ 1 loss he'd have a better shot of making the title game at UM than unbeaten at RU.

Right now Schiano won't regret his decision but 5 years from now Schiano is going to be kicking himself in the *** for this decision!

kpcane said:
Yeah for a whopping two years.

I really don't think you can contradict yourself anymore than you did here. You want everyone to believe Shannon is a sure thing as a HC without any experience as one, but then you dismiss Schiano because he's only done it for two years.

OMG, could you be any funnier unintentionally??

:sidelol:

nyjunc said:
he can get paid at Rutgers but he can't win titles at Rutgers. he can also get paid at Miami or PSU and win Titles.

They play in the BCS, yes he can, don't be ridiculous.

Nick is God said:
They play in the BCS, yes he can, don't be ridiculous.

He's not winning titles at Rutgers. Let's get serious. They had a nice year in a terrible conference. Their conf and non-conf sched will keep them back. they play no one outside the conference and everything broke right for them this year. they won't sneak up on people anymore. They will never play for a Nat'l Title. this was the worst year of CFB I have ever seen and RU had their best year ever and still couldn't reach a BCS Bowl.

nyjunc said:
He's not winning titles at Rutgers. Let's get serious. They had a nice year in a terrible conference. Their conf and non-conf sched will keep them back. they play no one outside the conference and everything broke right for them this year. they won't sneak up on people anymore. They will never play for a Nat'l Title. this was the worst year of CFB I have ever seen and RU had their best year ever and still couldn't reach a BCS Bowl.

What?? Not even close.

And what makes you think that the Big East will stop improving? Please answer that.

There weren't any real great teams like USC, Michigan and Ohio St in the Big East this year but there were some very good teams and a lot of upcoming teams as well, to think this is going to be the status quo every year is incredibly presumptuous by you.

There is NO reason why the Big East can't keep on getting stronger and strengthen their status with the BCS, none.

Nick is God said:
What?? Not even close.

And what makes you think that the Big East will stop improving? Please answer that.

There weren't any real great teams like USC, Michigan and Ohio St in the Big East this year but there were some very good teams and a lot of upcoming teams as well, to think this is going to be the status quo every year is incredibly presumptuous by you.

There is NO reason why the Big East can't keep on getting stronger and strengthen their status with the BCS, none.

We'll see. Historically Luisville and WVu are programs that are off and on, a few good years here and a few years down. The BE doesn't ahve that marquee team that is a top team nearly every year. Rodriguez my leave WVU, petrino may leave UL, Schiano isn't leaving RU YET but he will. The BE wasn't a great league when Miami and VT were there and great, it's certainy not going to be great w/o them. it was better than expected but alot of that had to do w/ 3 good teams beating up on the bottom of the conf. RU and WVU played nobody outside the conf and each still lost 2 games. Don't confuse mdiocrity w/ greatness, the BE had 3 GOOD teams an no great teams in a very down year for CFB.

nyjunc said:
We'll see. Historically Luisville and WVu are programs that are off and on, a few good years here and a few years down. The BE doesn't ahve that marquee team that is a top team nearly every year. Rodriguez my leave WVU, petrino may leave UL, Schiano isn't leaving RU YET but he will. The BE wasn't a great league when Miami and VT were there and great, it's certainy not going to be great w/o them. it was better than expected but alot of that had to do w/ 3 good teams beating up on the bottom of the conf. RU and WVU played nobody outside the conf and each still lost 2 games. Don't confuse mdiocrity w/ greatness, the BE had 3 GOOD teams an no great teams in a very down year for CFB.

Wow, the fact that you associate Louisville, WVU and RU with mediocrity just about says it all.

Seriously man, get off your hate trip for the Big East, it's discrediting you with your obvious biased opinion of them.

And if you followed any kind of history with College sports you would know there was a time that no one really thought that the state of Florida would host three legit bigtime football programs or that when the Big East was formed for basketball that it would become the monster that it has, nothing is a certainty in sports, the USSR hockey team learned that the hard way in 1980 didn't they?

Stop thinking you know for certainty what is going to happen even if you try to base it on the past and present, becauase you don't know, no one does. And if you told me you don't think he can win titles because this and that I might debate you on it but at least I could respect it, but to say you know for certain it can't be done is just being ignorant man. No disrespect, I'm just being honest.

I'm a hockey fan and if 15 years ago you told me that the Stanely Cup would be captured by two teams from the South back to back years, I would bet you everything I had it wouldn't.

And not for a second would I even think I could lose that bet.

Nick is God said:
I really don't think you can contradict yourself anymore than you did here. You want everyone to believe Shannon is a sure thing as a HC without any experience as one, but then you dismiss Schiano because he's only done it for two years.

OMG, could you be any funnier unintentionally??

:sidelol:

It's quite clear that I was talking about Schiano's two years as UM's defensive coordinator, not about his time at Rutgers as a head coach.

So you can stop laughing now.

kpcane said:
It's quite clear that I was talking about Schiano's two years as UM's defensive coordinator, not about his time at Rutgers as a head coach.

So you can stop laughing now.

Your right, my bad. Read it too fast.

nyjunc said:
Even if RU went undefeated they still wouldn't have made the title game. That wouldn't happen in the ACC, w/ 1 loss he'd have a better shot of making the title game at UM than unbeaten at RU.

IF Rutgers went undefeated I'm not so sure they wouldn't have been at least a strong consideration for the NC game. After the Louisville win, the computers had Rutgers ranked at number 2. It was the coaches and AP polls that were around 7 or 8, which averaged out to a 6th place ranking. IF RU went undefeated they would have beaten 2 top 25 teams, and 4 bowl eligible teams. The computers already had RU ranked pretty high at the time of the Louisville win, so really if RU would have won their final games, the only thing holding them back would have been people like you who can't believe Rutgers was in the national championship conversation and would refuse to give credit where credit's due. The coaches and AP poll would have had no choice to have put RU in the top 3 if they went 12-0, especially with the way things played out at the end of this season with USC losing and all. If RU wins out, the computers rank them at 2 and possibly 1, yes 1 you heard right. When RU was ranked 2 by the computers, Mich was 1 and OSU was 3. So it would have been feasible for RU to be 1 and OSU 2. So don't be ingnorant and say RU will never have a chance to win the national championship. It's as simple as this: if you go undefeated in a BCS conference then you should undoubtedly play in the NC game. Hell, look at what game Boise State is playing in after they went undefeated in a non BCS conference.

Nick is God said:
Wow, the fact that you associate Louisville, WVU and RU with mediocrity just about says it all.

Seriously man, get off your hate trip for the Big East, it's discrediting you with your obvious biased opinion of them.

And if you followed any kind of history with College sports you would know there was a time that no one really thought that the state of Florida would host three legit bigtime football programs or that when the Big East was formed for basketball that it would become the monster that it has, nothing is a certainty in sports, the USSR hockey team learned that the hard way in 1980 didn't they?

Stop thinking you know for certainty what is going to happen even if you try to base it on the past and present, becauase you don't know, no one does. And if you told me you don't think he can win titles because this and that I might debate you on it but at least I could respect it, but to say you know for certain it can't be done is just being ignorant man. No disrespect, I'm just being honest.

I'm a hockey fan and if 15 years ago you told me that the Stanely Cup would be captured by two teams from the South back to back years, I would bet you everything I had it wouldn't.

And not for a second would I even think I could lose that bet.

You think the top 3 in the BE were great teams? Give me the big time wins besides beating each other? there's not a quality non-conf win amongst the 3.

What the heck does hockey have to do w/ anything? Why wouldanyone think a Southern hockey team couldnt' win it all? It's not like the players come from the areas they play. a team from the South has the same opportunity to win as a team from anywhere else.

NJPHIN34 said:
IF Rutgers went undefeated I'm not so sure they wouldn't have been at least a strong consideration for the NC game. After the Louisville win, the computers had Rutgers ranked at number 2. It was the coaches and AP polls that were around 7 or 8, which averaged out to a 6th place ranking. IF RU went undefeated they would have beaten 2 top 25 teams, and 4 bowl eligible teams. The computers already had RU ranked pretty high at the time of the Louisville win, so really if RU would have won their final games, the only thing holding them back would have been people like you who can't believe Rutgers was in the national championship conversation and would refuse to give credit where credit's due. The coaches and AP poll would have had no choice to have put RU in the top 3 if they went 12-0, especially with the way things played out at the end of this season with USC losing and all. If RU wins out, the computers rank them at 2 and possibly 1, yes 1 you heard right. When RU was ranked 2 by the computers, Mich was 1 and OSU was 3. So it would have been feasible for RU to be 1 and OSU 2. So don't be ingnorant and say RU will never have a chance to win the national championship. It's as simple as this: if you go undefeated in a BCS conference then you should undoubtedly play in the NC game. Hell, look at what game Boise State is playing in after they went undefeated in a non BCS conference.

Auburn was undefeated in a top conference and didn't make it 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom