Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schiano Turns Down Miami, Will Stay at Rutgers

NJFINSFAN1 said:
That's fine, but you can't just say he is a better choice, he has not done anything as a head coach yet. That's just my point.

Neither did Lou Saban, Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, and (oh what the hell) Larry Coker.

kpcane said:
He'd recruit South Florida better...yes he would, don't even bother arguing that jersey man.

He's from the U - he's played here and won a national title, he's been the defensive coordinator here and won a national title. He knows what it takes to win at the U.

He's had success for an extended period of time. Nobody knows whether Schiano is a having a fluke season.

Ahhh, Didin't Schiano have a very good run at UM as a defensive Cord???

Ahhh, isn't Schiano recruiting Florida very well?????

Ahhh, Schiano took a graveyard and has them in back to back bowls and is signing some of the nations top recruits.

If you want Shannon, that's fine, by Schiano would have been a great choice, I'm just glad he was smart enought to see the mess in Miami.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Ahhh, Didin't Schiano have a very good run at UM as a defensive Cord???

Yeah for a whopping two years.

Ahhh, isn't Schiano recruiting Florida very well?????

Yeah he's cleaning up on the two star recruits. Shannon on the other hand, recruits guys like Brandon Meriweather, Kenny Phillips, Jon Beason, Baraka Atkins...you know, 4 and 5 star recruits.

Ahhh, Schiano took a graveyard and has them in back to back bowls and is signing some of the nations top recruits.

Like who? Piscataway has the number one OT in the country, and I'll be shocked if Schiano can bring him in.

If you want Shannon, that's fine, by Schiano would have been a great choice, I'm just glad he was smart enought to see the mess in Miami.

I'd bet money that a Randy Shannon coached UM team ends up in a more prestigious bowl than Rutgers next year.

Alex44 said:
Well Im not sure what proof there would be to show but I do think Shannon is going to be a very very very good head coach, possibly even great. Kids really love him, he has good ties with high school coaches down here, and he really gets his guys fired up.

Im fine with missing out on Schiano.
Sounds a lot like Larry Coker.

kpcane said:
Yeah for a whopping two years.

Yeah he's cleaning up on the two star recruits. Shannon on the other hand, recruits guys like Brandon Meriweather, Kenny Phillips, Jon Beason, Baraka Atkins...you know, 4 and 5 star recruits.

Like who? Piscataway has the number one OT in the country, and I'll be shocked if Schiano can bring him in.

I'd bet money that a Randy Shannon coached UM team ends up in a more prestigious bowl than Rutgers next year.

:sidelol: , boy take off the hurricane glasses, you guys can't see beyond the Orange Bowl.:lol:

finswin56 said:

Yep, that program needs a clean slate, and not just from the coaches, the trouble starts from the School President down to the AD first.

From what I have heard schiano wants the PSU job after paterno retires. IF RU struggles the next couple of years and he cost himself a shot at PSU then he'll regret moving up to an elite 1A program but as long as RU is good he'll get the PSU job and try to bring them back which will be alot more difficult than bringing UM back.

kpcane said:
Thank you Greg Schiano for not allowing Paul Dee to make ANOTHER bad decision!! Time to bring on Randy!

I was reading somewhere else that Randy has actually already been hired, and that Neinas is just helping us bring in an OC for Shannon. That doesn't explain why they'd go after Schiano though. Hopefully just to throw people off, or try to please the alumni calling for Schiano.

I get the feeling you're just trying save some face for UM here. I don't see how you can possibly see Schiano as a bad candidate. I'm a UM fan and I can admit that even though he turned us down that he would have been a huge hire.

The guy has singlehandedly turned around what was a complete joke of a program and made them a contender in the Big East. He also recruited a lot of Florida recruits up there so it's clear he can recruit very well.

Shannon scares me personally.
I don't want him as HC.
He's has been just as guilty of lacking to make in game adjustments on the defensive side of the ball as the offense has been.

UM needs new blood at HC period and Schiano would have been a steal.

Actually I heard from a guy at work that Rutgers has a new contract for Schiano that is 10 years $20 Mil.

Which if that is the case, why leave? He'll be getting the same $ as UM was offering, but with half the pressure to win. Shoot is a hero in NJ after this season with ONLY 2 losses. IF he were at UM, 2 losses and the fans would be calling for his head!

Oboy said:
Actually I heard from a guy at work that Rutgers has a new contract for Schiano that is 10 years $20 Mil.

Which if that is the case, why leave? He'll be getting the same $ as UM was offering, but with half the pressure to win. Shoot is a hero in NJ after this season with ONLY 2 losses. IF he were at UM, 2 losses and the fans would be calling for his head!

he can get paid at Rutgers but he can't win titles at Rutgers. he can also get paid at Miami or PSU and win Titles.

nyjunc said:
he can get paid at Rutgers but he can't win titles at Rutgers. he can also get paid at Miami or PSU and win Titles.

I would argue it would be easier to win a title coming from the Big East than it would from the Big-10 or ACC. Less competition. Let's face it, if Rutgers went undefeated this season it's hard to imagine them not being in the argument for the title game.

it's kind of funny watching everybody all of a sudden turn their back on Schiano.

If I was the U's president, I go after the USF coach.

finswin56 said:

Not really they are two completely different people and coaches.

Even this year when the team was 6-6 and the whole season was down the drain he still kept his unit tough enough to be the number 2 Defense in the ACC and top 10 in the country.

Back
Top Bottom