Scout.com reports Harrington will start... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scout.com reports Harrington will start...

wow, i remember months ago making fun of whitlock for predicting this . . .

Vertical Limit said:
I just don't know why, but AGAINST THE PATS? Wow.. I just think if we are going to do such a move, that we would do it against a much easier opponent..

Yeah like last week or the week before, especially since Daunte was supposedly hurt in the buffalo game.

We could have beat the Texans at least.

Saban may be going back to the original plan of starting Harrington until Culpepper is really ready. Unfortunately it may be too late.

humph

I've read reports all week that Culpepper has been taking 75% of all of the snaps and had a good practice on Friday. I doubt Harrington will be starting when Pep got most of the reps in practice as early as yesterday.

joey needs to start. that's why he was brought here. whats the worst that could have happened if he would have started the season? Pep may have been back and HEALTHY

well maybe they actually watched culpepper move around for the first time in 2 months! when he led chambers around the left side on the reverse he was clearly hobbling on his bad knee! (in plain sight!) I agree that the timing of harrington's start is horrible and smells like the Browns game last year (when Sage started) Joey's no miracle worker. Basrd on preseason he gets rid of the ball much faster but he has zero pocket presence or escapability. i guess their hope is to pound the ball and keep it close... yikes wanny ball!!!

Vertical Limit said:
I just don't know why, but AGAINST THE PATS? Wow.. I just think if we are going to do such a move, that we would do it against a much easier opponent..

Thats the same thing i was thinking .I would be happy if joey throws for 2 td and stays close in the game.That would be more then what c-pep did for us in 4 games.

ATL-DOLFAN said:
Was Jason Whitlock right? or is this a real bruised shoulder?

I'm inclined to believe it's real. Saban isn't the type of coach to rearrange personnel on a whim, especially when Culpepper was acquired for more than Harrington. Taking 21 sacks in 4 games tends to leave a few marks.

Take a look at Joeys last game starting with the Lions..

Jan 1@ PITL 21-35 102.1 17 33 2 126.463 0 3

3 TDs and O INTs with a 102.1 rating against the World Champs AT Pittsburgh.

Of course, the Lions defense gave up 5 TD which didnt help them much, buts that a damn good showing by JH. Makes you a little less worried about him starting in NE today.

Ok, let me play swami just for fun. Here is what's gonna go down on Sunday. If Joey comes in and plays well and the O looks better, people on the Pep side are gonna say "well, why didn't the line block like this with Culpepper in there" or "man, how come the recievers are trying harder and getting seperation all of a sudden." People on the Joey side are gonna say "see, the offense is clicking better and all we did was switch quarterbacks" or, "told you, Joey can read the defenses and gets rid of the ball." If Joey looks like Daunte and doesn't play well, the pro daunte peeps will say "See, it doesn't matter who you put in there, if your qb has no time to throw you'll never win." The pro Joey peeps will say "Why do we need to pay a guy 50 million when our backup can do the same thing?" I've seen this before, it's kinda like that hotels.com commercial.

Desides said:
Call me a skeptic, but I'll believe this when I see it. And if Harrington is starting, I hope the offensive line has improved.

If Harrington starts, the OL will suddenly look better.

joey wasn't used correctly in detroit. he ran a pro-style offense for the ducks, then they put him in a west-coast style. what i did see of him in the pre-season looked like the joey from oregon. he got rid of the ball quickly, and had alot of zip on his passes. the thing i can't understand about pep, is the fact that he can't seem to find the so-called "hot" receiver! Maybe then he wouldn't have ended up on his arse so many times.:dolphins:

If Harrington starts, the OL will suddenly look better.

I agree, but it's still the Patriots we're talking about here.

I think I'm going to be sick to my stomach if we tank this one.

Back
Top Bottom