Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

Haven't they always had defensive issues since he has been there?

I'm all for this. Be it 2nd or 3rd round pick. How would we satisfy the Rooney rule in this case?

I'm still taking this with a grain of salt knowing our track record with Coach Hires. But Mike Francessa did mention something newsworthy that's coming up this week so maybe its this and not the usual Yankees/Mets ****.

I was thinking about that once before, I am thinking since its a trade for an existing contract you do not have to satisfy the rule?

How is it that, now that Brees is getting older Saints are getting worse and worse?

Think it's due to them having to cut/trade good players due to cap hits, as well. They went all in a while back, and eventually those big deals will bite you in some way.

:lol:

you want final answers on the qb question? this guy gives us them...pills and all

I don't care that much about the QB question...thats been answered...mid tier guy, not worth replacing at this point.

This team needs talent and lots of it...so many jags on this roster...

Think it's due to them having to cut/trade good players due to cap hits, as well. They went all in a while back, and eventually those big deals will bite you in some way.

yep the cap the d some bad draft picks and drew brees age and arm and at times suspect protection of the qb all contributing

Do it! I have ZERO faith in Tannenbum...let one guy be answerable for once!

I was thinking about that once before, I am thinking since its a trade for an existing contract you do not have to satisfy the rule?

Hmmm interesting. Perhaps that's correct since there's no interview process.

ok we'll see if sean payton comes here and installs his system if the qb is "mid tier" talent...i'll bet anyone he's not

but we already know my stance on it...

a short yardage qb sneak play call a full audible system...I thought those were givens in the nfl...guess not

Just Yes. Don't over think it. If true, then you have a HC who has been to and won a SB. Everyone has baggage. It's easier to accept baggage when you know winning is a proven track record. He is also great with QBs. He knows offense.

But he's only part of the equation. Bring in Schwartz as DC; that's your other prize. That's the piece that completes Sean Payton as a coach. He needs a strong DC to offset his weaknesses and short comings. But a DC from the same coaching tree that adheres to the same basic principles.

We need a strong staff. Not up and coming guys. We need LEADERS at every level of this organization. We can't rely on one guy.

A 2nd or 3rd round pick is nothing. We've wasted enough 2nds and 3rds on garbage. Let's get real value from our picks. Balking at a 2nd or 3rd for a premiere coach is short sighted. Pay the price for being stupid and let's get back in the game. A great HC will be here for over a decade and will cost far less than any great player.

If it's real, you pull the trigger. Don't look back. And go about building for next year. Or do you want to drag your feet again this offseason and neglect to address obvious problems? That worked out well with Philbin. We lost another year of our lives.

You have a Super Bowl winning coach in his prime and you want to walk away over a 2nd round pick? Please.

Here is how it would work...the Fins would be given permission to interview Payton and then after the teams would have to agree to the compensation. Miami still has to comply with the Rooney Rule.

I would let this one fester. New Orleans might just let him go in the end.

Just Yes. Don't over think it. If true, then you have a HC who has been to and won a SB. Everyone has baggage. It's easier to accept baggage when you know winning is a proven track record. He is also great with QBs. He knows offense.

But he's only part of the equation. Bring in Schwartz as DC; that's your other prize. That's the piece that completes Sean Payton as a coach. He needs a strong DC to offset his weaknesses and short comings. But a DC from the same coaching tree that adheres to the same basic principles.

We need a strong staff. Not up and coming guys. We need LEADERS at every level of this organization. We can't rely on one guy.

A 2nd or 3rd round pick is nothing. We've wasted enough 2nds and 3rds on garbage. Let's get real value from our picks. Balking at a 2nd or 3rd for a premiere coach is short sighted. Pay the price for being stupid and let's get back in the game. A great HC will be here for over a decade and will cost far less than any great player.

If it's real, you pull the trigger. Don't look back. And go about building for next year. Or do you want to drag your feet again this offseason and neglect to address obvious problems? That worked out well with Philbin. We lost another year of our lives.

You have a Super Bowl winning coach in his prime and you want to walk away over a 2nd round pick? Please.

yes payton and Schwartz would be an ideal pairing

sure, but not for draft picks... with how many holes we have to fill, that is about the most moronic thing we could do. But thats why I see this happeneing, because it's us and only we would do something like this.

I thought trading coaches for draft picks was banned after the Gruden to Tampa trade. Am I way off base here?

Back
Top Bottom