Season Predictor Machine | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Predictor Machine

YES!!!

I think if we win our first 4 or 5 games we will be undefeated for the season. Look at who we will have played and who we will be playing. I think we will really gel as a team on the field during those first games and after we do the question is no longer who can we beat, but who will be good enough to beat us. I don't think there is a team on our schedule that can beat us!

Playoffs are like beginning a new season. Once you are in the playoffs, what you did during the season doesn't make any difference. I expect us to make a serious run at the Superbowl.

The Superbowl is a kind of one game season by itself; getting there is important, but winning it is everything. There is no reason we can't win it if we get that far, so yes, we have a very serious chance of being 19-0.

I'm definitely an optimist and think we will win 9-10 games this year as long as Tannehill holds up....but undefeated season and super bowl??? I need to get on that level, wow lol

Will they or will they have placeholders throughout some or all of the season?

Jets? Maybe. If Bridgewater starts, I’ll revisit this. McCown doesn’t concern me, mainly because he has a line in front of him that might actually have been worse than Miami’s last year. And he’s a 39 year old journeyman.

As far as the Bills? Who would the placeholder be? McCarron? Peterman? They have 4 total career starts between them, and limited weapons to throw to.

I feel good!

So do I, but I'm still not sure how that explains your prediction lol....There is nothing at all in Gase/Tannehill/last 15 years of Dolphin football that would even begin to suggest that was possible....Their biggest accomplishments in the last 15 years were getting blown away by the Ravens in the first round, then getting blown away by Pitt in the first round...

Undefeated season and super bowl? There is no way you actually believe that..Wish for it sure, I do too, but there is absolutely NO WAY that if someone put a gun to your head and said your life depends on your Dolphins prediction for this year that you would actually go with that....

Right???

Last edited:
So do I, but I'm still not sure how that explains your prediction lol....There is nothing at all in Gase/Tannehill/last 15 years of Dolphin football that would even begin to suggest that was possible....Their biggest accomplishments in the last 15 years were getting blown away by the Ravens in the first round, then getting blown away by Pitt in the first round...

Undefeated season and super bowl? There is no way you actually believe that..Wish for it sure, I do too, but there is absolutely NO WAY that if someone put a gun to your head and said your life depends on your Dolphins prediction for this year that you would actually go with that....

Right???

I have highlighted in bold type the inappropriate grouping you are trying to make your case with. It tries to force a relationship that doesn't exist!

Gase & Tannehill have not been associated with the Dolphins for 15 years, only this upcoming season and the previous two. Of the previous two we are 1 for 2 in playoff appearances. This is a significantly better percentage than in those 15 years (I guess 12 years without Gase). The only reasonable question here is: will the historic Dolphins affect Gase & Tannehill, or will Gase & Tannehill change the history of the Dolphins? To date, it has been Gase & Tannehill changing the history of the Dolphins, and for the better.

In 2016 we made the playoffs. Tannehill wasn't available for the playoff games or we may have gone further. Last year Gase did not have Tannehill for the year and still produced a team in contention for the playoffs up until the last few games. All this under an abysmal set of circumstances that could not have been reasonably anticipated, and to my knowledge, never matched in NFL history! Still, the team improved in some areas. I can't speak for the effectiveness of the Dolphins drafting success for the years before Gase, but the last three drafts are speaking for themselves in the fact that so many of those players are still with us and most are making some significant progress.

When I consider the growth we have experienced with Gase as head coach, predicting a perfect season with the players we now have is at least as reasonable as having made the same prediction when coach Shula actually achieved one with many previously unheralded players.

I may be an optimist (nothing wrong with that) but I am also enough of a realist to be able to identify whines about past decades of disappointing performances and removing them from any credible analysis of a teams potential in its third year under a new HC who has shown a capability of winning. If you disagree you may want to go back and look at what we did to the Patriots with an injured replacement QB pulled out of retirement and a team under an exceptional level of turmoil during Gases' only non-playoff year.

Give yourself a break. Enjoy this year and my prediction. I may be wrong, we may only go 13 - 3 making it to the Superbowl, but not winning it. Would you still have a complaint with that?

My prediction came to 10-6 losing division games at NE and Buffalo. I also have us with a loss at Indy after the bye week, where they always come out flat. For now, I'm just hoping for a win against Tenn. They were a playoff team last year and they have their QB back. We are 2 1/2 point underdogs at home :(

1. to be honest we are not super bowl team yet.
2. can we make playoff maybe if everything goes right....if we make it we may lose first rd...
3.we will be in hunt for wildcard at end of yr. I know that for fact???
4. 6 to 9 win should be in our range this yr...
5. if we do better I am happy too
6. I am not going think that dolphins are better than jets or bills because that might be 4 hardest game of yr for dolphins?

Last edited:
I have highlighted in bold type the inappropriate grouping you are trying to make your case with. It tries to force a relationship that doesn't exist!

Gase & Tannehill have not been associated with the Dolphins for 15 years, only this upcoming season and the previous two. Of the previous two we are 1 for 2 in playoff appearances. This is a significantly better percentage than in those 15 years (I guess 12 years without Gase). The only reasonable question here is: will the historic Dolphins affect Gase & Tannehill, or will Gase & Tannehill change the history of the Dolphins? To date, it has been Gase & Tannehill changing the history of the Dolphins, and for the better.

In 2016 we made the playoffs. Tannehill wasn't available for the playoff games or we may have gone further. Last year Gase did not have Tannehill for the year and still produced a team in contention for the playoffs up until the last few games. All this under an abysmal set of circumstances that could not have been reasonably anticipated, and to my knowledge, never matched in NFL history! Still, the team improved in some areas. I can't speak for the effectiveness of the Dolphins drafting success for the years before Gase, but the last three drafts are speaking for themselves in the fact that so many of those players are still with us and most are making some significant progress.

When I consider the growth we have experienced with Gase as head coach, predicting a perfect season with the players we now have is at least as reasonable as having made the same prediction when coach Shula actually achieved one with many previously unheralded players.

I may be an optimist (nothing wrong with that) but I am also enough of a realist to be able to identify whines about past decades of disappointing performances and removing them from any credible analysis of a teams potential in its third year under a new HC who has shown a capability of winning. If you disagree you may want to go back and look at what we did to the Patriots with an injured replacement QB pulled out of retirement and a team under an exceptional level of turmoil during Gases' only non-playoff year.

Give yourself a break. Enjoy this year and my prediction. I may be wrong, we may only go 13 - 3 making it to the Superbowl, but not winning it. Would you still have a complaint with that?

Complaint? Never complained about anything...I was questioning whether or not that would be your real prediction if there were huge stakes involved.....

I mean yah we went 10-6 and got a wildcard berth 2 years ago but then got destroyed in the first round...Matt Moore didnt help things but we also got demolished by the Ravens with Tanne late in the year.... The stats for that year are quite bad....not checking the exact numbers atm but from what I remember we had a low ranked defense, below average offense and a negative point differential..... Then lost in the first round badly...not exactly a shining season.

Last year was bad. Again Tannehill getting injured was very bad for us.

I agree with a lot of your last post but my original point remains and I bet there is truth to it..

Would that be your prediction if there were actual high stakes attached instead of just words on a forum....to move away from the death thing lol lets say someone offered you $10 Million dollars to correctly predict the Dolphins results this year....

You're going with undefeated and super bowl champs?? Incredibly hard to believe if true, which I bet its not

Complaint? Never complained about anything...I was questioning whether or not that would be your real prediction if there were huge stakes involved.....

I mean yah we went 10-6 and got a wildcard berth 2 years ago but then got destroyed in the first round...Matt Moore didnt help things but we also got demolished by the Ravens with Tanne late in the year.... The stats for that year are quite bad....not checking the exact numbers atm but from what I remember we had a low ranked defense, below average offense and a negative point differential..... Then lost in the first round badly...not exactly a shining season.

Last year was bad. Again Tannehill getting injured was very bad for us.

I agree with a lot of your last post but my original point remains and I bet there is truth to it..

Would that be your prediction if there were actual high stakes attached instead of just words on a forum....to move away from the death thing lol lets say someone offered you $10 Million dollars to correctly predict the Dolphins results this year....

You're going with undefeated and super bowl champs?? Incredibly hard to believe if true, which I bet its not

If I had 10 million dollars I would probably not be AS ACTIVE ON THIS FORUM.

Back
Top Bottom