Season Predictor Machine | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Predictor Machine

Sad, but true.:(

49701360.jpg

The answer is Ray is convinced the fins are gonna have a great season and go all the way however he's not dumb enough to actually bet on it (**** happens)

Besides with 10 mil Ray is sailing the caribbean with his hound dogs and no matter if the Fins win or lose he's on top of the world

000_zps8btq31ak.gif

The answer is Ray is convinced the fins are gonna have a great season and go all the way however he's not dumb enough to actually bet on it (**** happens)

Besides with 10 mil Ray is sailing the caribbean with his hound dogs and no matter if the Fins win or lose he's on top of the world

000_zps8btq31ak.gif

Thats all well and great but its not what I was asking..Was trying to find out what his real prediction would be, not whether or not he is "dumb enough to bet on it"

I thought I had made my predictions clear in my previous posts. Here they are:

In general:
We are going to be an exciting team in contention for the playoffs and the Superbowl.
Each group: the 16 game season, the playoffs and the Superbowl are a competition unto themselves. Winning all three is like picking a perfecta. Still I see us competing all the way to the Superbowl.

Specific Predictions:
1) We will be in the playoffs!
2) We may make it to the Superbowl
3) We may win the Superbowl.
My prediction for the season is actually a range from 11-5 to 16-0 for the season, with any combination between them being equally likely.
We could go anywhere from 11-6 to 19-0 for the year, with any of those records equally likely in my opinion.

If we win our first 5 games I see us going 16-0 for the season. Look at our competition in those games and tell me who we play in the final 11 games that are going to be tougher! I don't see any. Those first 5 games are the key for the regular season, but not for the year.
Those first 5 games are developmental, as they are for the teams we will be playing, and for that reason are the most unpredictable.
If we do not win all 5, then I think we will win at least 3 of those 5 (60%) and we will win at least 8 of the last 11 or more giving us an 11-5 season as my lowest case prediction.

I see those first 5 games as the least predictable because each of those games will have two teams at their most unsettled points in their seasons development. Those teams performances will be better established as we get to that 5th game, after which injuries and unforeseen players performances (good and bad) will have their effects.

For all the reasons and rationales presented here, I see a real possibility for a 19-0 year and agreed with one posters prediction of 19-0. I guess that's what led to this sequence of questions and response's.

I can only think of one more thing to say on this topic.
Get ready for a great year that will be as exceptional in success as last year was in trials and tribulations.
Get used to winning!!!

And to Fishfanmiami, those hound dogs are Basenjis. We now know through genetics that they are the most primitive dogs in the world. Highly intelligent, stronger than they look, fast as whippets at a fraction of their size, one of the keenest noses in the canine world, extremely high prey drive, independent in thought and action and not particularly interested in pleasing anybody but themselves. A great dog for a football fan.

I was just going for a little humor brother Ray. No disrespect meant to your fine Basenjis

Cool doggies

I honestly feel we can sweep the Bills and Jets and split with NE.

I do not rule out sweeping the Patriots this year. We have improved our player base and some coaching spots. They may or may not have improved their player base and certainly have taken some hits in some of their higher level coaching spots. Overall I think we have improved more. Considering we split with them last year, sweeping them this year is not so much a stretch as a reasonable anticipation.

I do not rule out sweeping the Patriots this year. We have improved our player base and some coaching spots. They may or may not have improved their player base and certainly have taken some hits in some of their higher level coaching spots. Overall I think we have improved more. Considering we split with them last year, sweeping them this year is not so much a stretch as a reasonable anticipation.

They're 12-4 against us in the last 8 years, 3-1 against Gase, sweeping the Patriots is definitely not a "reasonable expectation".

They're 12-4 against us in the last 8 years, 3-1 against Gase, sweeping the Patriots is definitely not a "reasonable expectation".

In 2016 we lost both to the Patriots.

In 2017 we split with the Patriots, (when we won we actually beat the hell out of them) even though we were playing with a QB called up from retirement who was playing with 2 cracked or broken ribs and, due to a number of unforeseeable disasters, we were having our worst season under Adam Gase as our coach.

This year we did some house keeping, making improvements in almost 1/2 of our coaching staff and dumping some problematic prima donnas. Since we are clearly improving against the Patriots and this year appears we will be better yet and have Tannehill back, why shouldn't we expect to sweep them?

I am ignoring any history prior to Gases' arrival because we are really a much better team now and have a coach who has demonstrated he can beat the Patriots.

This doesn't even take into account that the Patriots could be facing their most difficult year in a decade due to the loss of a high level coach, something inconsistent about their relationship with another of their high level coaches and Brady acknowledging he is approaching the end of his carrier ("sooner than later").

In 2016 we lost both to the Patriots.

In 2017 we split with the Patriots, (when we won we actually beat the hell out of them) even though we were playing with a QB called up from retirement who was playing with 2 cracked or broken ribs and, due to a number of unforeseeable disasters, we were having our worst season under Adam Gase as our coach.

This year we did some house keeping, making improvements in almost 1/2 of our coaching staff and dumping some problematic prima donnas. Since we are clearly improving against the Patriots and this year appears we will be better yet and have Tannehill back, why shouldn't we expect to sweep them?

I am ignoring any history prior to Gases' arrival because we are really a much better team now and have a coach who has demonstrated he can beat the Patriots.

This doesn't even take into account that the Patriots could be facing their most difficult year in a decade due to the loss of a high level coach, something inconsistent about their relationship with another of their high level coaches and Brady acknowledging he is approaching the end of his carrier ("sooner than later").

I love your energy and attitude but "why shouldn't we expect to sweep them" is exactly the type of comment the haters mention when they make fun of us optimists..

0-2 against them with Tanne and 1-1 with Cutler since Gase has been here. One good win against them and 3 ugly losses.... There is absolutely nothing in either teams last 2 years of play that suggests "we should expect to sweep them"

They were in the super bowl both years man lol.....

I love your energy and attitude but "why shouldn't we expect to sweep them" is exactly the type of comment the haters mention when they make fun of us optimists..

0-2 against them with Tanne and 1-1 with Cutler since Gase has been here. One good win against them and 3 ugly losses.... There is absolutely nothing in either teams last 2 years of play that suggests "we should expect to sweep them"

They were in the super bowl both years man lol.....

Back
Top Bottom