Season Predictor Machine | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Predictor Machine

I think it's critical we start this season with a win and start fast. Huge. Beating a good Titans team will set the tone for us and hopefully give us momentum. The four game stretch to end the season is brutal

I don't know if this is me being a homer or not but I'm going to predict 11-5 and AFC East champions. I think the Patriots start to come back down to earth this season.

I believe in Adam Gase and I believe in Tannehill.

I love your energy and attitude but "why shouldn't we expect to sweep them" is exactly the type of comment the haters mention when they make fun of us optimists..

0-2 against them with Tanne and 1-1 with Cutler since Gase has been here. One good win against them and 3 ugly losses.... There is absolutely nothing in either teams last 2 years of play that suggests "we should expect to sweep them"

They were in the super bowl both years man lol.....

I think the hi-lighted part of your shows our performance against the Patriots is improving, even with different personnel. As I see it, the next step in improvement is winning two games against them in a season. It would look like this:

2016 we were 0-2 against the patriots, using the players in place when Gase arrived.
2017 we were 1-1 against the patriots, with some of our newly drafted players, but with key players on the offense and defense out for the year.
2018 we will go 2-0 against the patriots due to:

1) more new draftees and free agents making the team
2) improvements we have made to our coaching staff
3) having our key offensive and defensive players, who missed last year, back

While the Patriots have some problems to address:

1) losing key coaches - their coaching staff has lost one coordinator and had trouble keeping the other one
2) an older QB - their QB recognizing publicly he is approaching the end of his career
3) some apparent conflict between their head coach, ownership and the QB over the Garoppolo trade.

We are clearly in ascendancy while the Patriots are starting to look a little shaky. This year should be very interesting and I suspect the Patriots will not be any more difficult to beat then some of the other teams we will be facing and possibly easier, but this is the NFL and it is foolish to take any team for granted. That's when you lose games.

Back
Top Bottom