PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
I couldn't make this up........

Oct 22, 4:27 PM EDT

Seau Says'Watermelon' Remark Was a Joke

By TIM REYNOLDS
Associated Press Writer

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Dolphins linebacker Junior Seau insists he meant no harm when he suggested the way to stop former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson is to feed him fried chicken and watermelon.

Tomlinson, whose Chargers face the Dolphins on Monday night, could not immediately be reached for comment. The Dolphins had no immediate word on whether Seau would be disciplined for the remark.

Asked Wednesday how to limit Tomlinson, San Diego's running back, Seau told reporters: "You give him watermelon and load him up with fried chicken and tell him to keep eating."

Seau, who is of Samoan descent, later said he and Tomlinson, who is black, are friends and the comment was meant in jest. Seau was wearing a Tomlinson jersey when he made the comment.

The rest:
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...NSON?SITE=OHCLE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

My 2 cents is that it's obvious they're firends, but he shouldn't be surprised that he just threw the media a huge bone to chew on!

Originally posted by justafan
Media needs to get a f'kin life.

Bingo. If you're a public figure you can't say <bleep> anymore.

...and Seau has such a history of this kind of thing ;) :lol:

....let's see how big of a story they make out of this non-story.

Oh you can bet they'll make it a story. Seau will be called a racist. The Dolphins will be asked to discipline him. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al will be all over the news. The Sports Reporters will talk about it. Maybe Donovan McNabb will even get in the act. This is sad.

I think it's obvious that Junior meant nothing by it...but still, a pretty absent-minded comment nonetheless...he should've known not to feed the sharks

It's already making the rounds on sports radio in SoCal.

this will never be a story. Its obvious with Tomlinson wearing Seau's jersey and Seau wearing Tomlinsons jersey that these guys are friends. I heard that when Seau played for SD, it was normal for them to get together and eat on Friday nights.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

Bingo. If you're a public figure you can't say &lt;bleep&gt; anymore.

...and Seau has such a history of this kind of thing ;) :lol:

....let's see how big of a story they make out of this non-story.

BLEEP !!
I'll say BLEEP all the bleeping time I want to! Bleep them and the bleeping horse they rode in on !!!

:evil: :evil: :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It is racist because black people, unlike any other race, likes chicken and watermelon. Being half black, I only like the chicken, and not the watermelon. Kind of weird though, I do like applesauce, but I am not the biggest fan of pork chops.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
It is racist because black people, unlike any other race, likes chicken and watermelon. Being half black, I only like the chicken, and not the watermelon. Kind of weird though, I do like applesauce, but I am not the biggest fan of pork chops.

:roflmao:

(Leon Spinks voice) "I like eggs."

Back
Top Bottom