Seau Says'Watermelon' Remark Was a Joke | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau Says'Watermelon' Remark Was a Joke

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
It is racist because black people, unlike any other race, likes chicken and watermelon. Being half black, I only like the chicken, and not the watermelon. Kind of weird though, I do like applesauce, but I am not the biggest fan of pork chops.

Blacks are the only people who like chicken and/or watermelon.

People tend to slow down when they're full of food. OMG, I'm a racist too!! :tongue:

I can see where the media is TRYING to go with this. But this is REALLY stretching it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm a white boy and I like chicken, biscuits, watermelon, okra, etc. What is the big f'ing deal. LT should just say (in jest), "ok Junior, we'll just feed you pineapple and coconuts to slow you down". People need to f'ing grow up. This is ridiculous. The media is just f'ing stupid sometimes. Well, most of the time. Just ask "THE FAN".

I'm having fried chicken tonight. I like watermelon okay but it sure gets sloppy. Okra, only when it's fried. I love black beans and rice but I don't have any Cuban in me. I could eat pasta seven days a week, but no Italian in me either. Funny how people are.

Watermelon is alright. Honeydew...now thats the money melon.

If this becomes a story than I will be outraged. Much like Rush's comment shouldn't have been a story, this shouldn't either. Where is the outrage for Warren Sapp who last week said there were tons more "anglos" getting special treatment by the media than African Americans? To me, that is just as racist, if not more than what Rush said.

I do agree that Seau should know better than to give this big a chunk of meat for the media to chew on and spit back out.

Shrug. Seems to me it's two friends joking around. People are WAY too sensitive.

I just read on ESPN that LT says he took no offense to it, and that they used to eat fried chicken together every Friday.

Dupree that was hilarious!!!!!!! Your comment was funny as hell!!!
You're killing me here.
Seau will get away with what he said because he too is a minority. If he was white on the otherhand, the media would have an absolute field day with this. Not being racial, but this is the truth. I am white, but my best friend is black (see our pic together below), and all these media race issue really disgust me. I seriously doubt that there is any heavy racism in the NFL, MLB, or NBA for that matter. These guys all play together as teams and are friends for the most part. You can't even ever have fun and joke around if you are a professional athlete. Media takes the fun out of everything.
Of course fried chicken, or any other fried food for that matter, would set in your stomach and slow you down a little. It was a joke and that's it, a joke between ex-teammates and good friends.

Warren Sapp's "slavemaster" comments were retarded. Yeah, it must suck being a "slave" and being compensated $40 million for your trouble. :rolleyes:

Sucks that nobody really called him on that. He was being a jerk and most definitely meant something by it. Then again, the NFL hit him hard the next week.

I think Junior is a stand up guy, and think he meant nothing by it.

But isn't it funny, everyone jumped down Rush Limabugh's throat when he made a comment that could be considered less racist. What's any different. I truly hope the media doesn't crucify Seau like they did Rush. That was complete BS. I HATE THE MEDIA.

Back
Top Bottom