Seau Says'Watermelon' Remark Was a Joke | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau Says'Watermelon' Remark Was a Joke

Originally posted by Muck
Oh yeah, and the one that was on yesterday where George told Mr. Morgan he looked like Sugar Ray Leonard and then tried to prove that he had black friends.

that was a classic episode...

I love both. Love chicken and watermelon and I'm white Irish. I think it was not well thought out, but I don't think it was a racist remark.

I, however, live in NJ and the sports reporter out of NYC on the 5:00am morning news opened his sports cast with the story. All three other anchors made such a face that I sent them an email about acting holier than thou. They're so biased up here. I mentioned to the New York sports reporter that he NEVER mentions anything when BIG MOUTH Shockey opens his mouth. He sent me an email back thanking me for writing and basically brushing it off, signing it "your friend, Duke Castiglione."

Anyway, just my input.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

I saw that too. I didn't realize Seau was on camera saying it.

Anyway, Cox said Seau is a good guy and this is a total non-story.

We knew that. :)

Since when is Cox the voice of reason? Very strange.

Did you see the video?? If you did, I can't see how you'd still assert that there was any racial tone to it whatsoever.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Are you serious?

I'm sure The NAACP chapters are already preparing press releases to attack Seau on this. Today's world is rediculous! Everyone needs to chill but it will never happen.

Of course, because for years black people have been oppressed by Samoans for hundreds of years.

Originally posted by FauxReality
It WAS a racist remark.

But, it was a joke between friends. BFD.

Yes..... Chicken and Watermellon CLEARLY invokes a racial remark....

Especially from those historically Slave holding and racially motivated Somoans! :rolleyes:

PUH...... LEASE!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

Of course, because for years black people have been oppressed by Samoans for hundreds of years.

:lol:

Hey don't give the Rev. Al Sharpton any ideas.... He'll find a way to prove that exact scenario on national TV if you do! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom