Second round of cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second round of cuts

Grant is as good as gone as well
I believe he sticks. He’s franchise all time leader in return TDs on ST. In a short period of time. He’s a guaranteed 1-2 scores per year and those plays flip games / win games. No one on the roster (just because they are fast) is going to replace that.

I have a feeling with all the TEs added, Gesicki is on the trade block. Ck suggested James Robinson for Gesicki I need a pick as well

Yeah and that makes me sad! I really like Gesicki and i'm very proud for being one of the few that said he'd be a stud doing what he does.

If you're going to get rid of him then now seems like the best time to swing that trade.

I think both Grant and Wilson should be cut. We have plenty of young capable guys so back up slot WRs/WR 5 or 6 on the roster should not be making that kind of money. I believe we save a little under 6 million if we cut them both.
Grant doesn’t make that much money to make a difference if we cut him. What we’d be cutting is the underestimated 1-2 wins he gives us per year w return TDs or games where he consistently flips the field (one last year he took 3 punts across midfield and set up scores). He’s franchise all time leader in ST return TDs so his ability / knack for scoring cannot be dismissed as “easy to replace w the next fast guy”. Wilson is far less valuable than Grant.

Yeah and that makes me sad! I really like Gesicki and i'm very proud for being one of the few that said he'd be a stud doing what he does.

If you're going to get rid of him then now seems like the best time to swing that trade.
Yes but we can’t keep trading guys on the cusp of their primes if we hope to win a SB.

Grant doesn’t make that much money to make a difference if we cut him. What we’d be cutting is the underestimated 1-2 wins he gives us per year w return TDs or games where he consistently flips the field (one last year he took 3 punts across midfield and set up scores). He’s franchise all time leader in ST return TDs so his ability / knack for scoring cannot be dismissed as “easy to replace w the next fast guy”. Wilson is far less valuable than Grant.

i think waddle and/or holland will take that job. remember when they trotted out preston williams back there in flores' first year? they (nor i) dont have faith in grant's hands. he muffs too many.

I believe he sticks. He’s franchise all time leader in return TDs on ST. In a short period of time. He’s a guaranteed 1-2 scores per year and those plays flip games / win games. No one on the roster (just because they are fast) is going to replace that.
I wouldn't put it past them having Jaylen Waddle replace him on returns. I don't think people realize how special the returner that he is. I know it's just college analyst opinions but it has been stated numerous times by different people that he's the best returner that they've seen since Devin Hester in college. I know people are going to say oh there's so much potential for him to get hurt on punt and kick returns, but if he could perform at the level that he has in college it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.

I wouldn't put it past them having Jaylen Waddle replace him on returns. I don't think people realize how special the returner that he is. I know it's just college analyst opinions but it has been stated numerous times by different people that he's the best returner that they've seen since Devin Hester in college. I know people are going to say oh there's so much potential for him to get hurt on punt and kick returns, but if he could perform at the level that he has in college it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.
Fair enough but having your no 1 WR return kicks is a dangerous proposition and you don’t see it much anymore. Perhaps in year 1 ?

i think waddle and/or holland will take that job. remember when they trotted out preston williams back there in flores' first year? they (nor i) dont have faith in grant's hands. he muffs too many.
I hope not Waddle simply due to the injury risk.

Fair enough but having your no 1 WR return kicks is a dangerous proposition and you don’t see it much anymore. Perhaps in year 1 ?
Honestly I really don't know what their intentions are going to be. But I definitely can see him returning kicks as a rookie. Cedee Lamb did as a rookie for the cowboys last year, tyreek Hill returned for Kansas City for a couple years, Darren sproles, Antonio Brown to name a few. I like Grant and would hope that he could turn the corner as a receiver but if all he's going to do is be a return man at his price, Jaylen waddle would have his job. Because I honestly do think waddle is a lot better of a returner than Grant.

In five years, Grant has exactly 5 return TDs-- 2 on kick offs, and 3 on punt returns.

That isn't a lot.

Back
Top Bottom