Second round of cuts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second round of cuts

Yes but we can’t keep trading guys on the cusp of their primes if we hope to win a SB.

Oh,I'm in agreement with you. I think the problem is we're money strapped and that's mainly because of Byron and X. They've put us in a cash strapped situation.

You'd figure a Gesickie contract is going to make him a top 10 paid TE in the league...If not Top 5-6!

Bottomline that contract is going to be filthy!

I think Hurns & Hollins will be cut. Maybe Wilson depending on how he looks.

I think you keep Grant for KR/PR and slot

I would find it hard to believe they would trade Gesicki right now.

Nobody on the roster is really ready to step into his place at the moment. I would think he plays out this year and either signs a team friendly contract (doubtful) or Dolphins try to collect a relatively high compensatory pick for him.

I would find it hard to believe they would trade Gesicki right now.

Nobody on the roster is really ready to step into his place at the moment. I would think he plays out this year and either signs a team friendly contract (doubtful) or Dolphins try to collect a relatively high compensatory pick for him.

He's due to be paid in the offseason. That's honesly the Patriot way! When their value is at it's highest then you trade those guys right before they're due for a big payday.

The other thing you have to factor is if our recievers can remain healthy then a Gesiciki is not as critical to make your offense go.

I have a feeling with all the TEs added, Gesicki is on the trade block. Ck suggested James Robinson for Gesicki I need a pick as well
I posted that Urban Meyer reported during the draft that he was in communication with another team(s) about acquiring a TE. This was after he drafted Etienne in the first. He also said it wasn't Atlanta (they drafted Pitts). After we drafted TE and no RB until 7th, and Jax didn't draft a TE until late, I thought we could be that team and the trade would involve Gesicki and Robinson. It makes sense. Now word from the Jags is that they may sign Tebow, a 33 yo ex-QB, to play TE. I cannot believe Jax will not trade for a TE, even if they sign Tebow (doubt he makes the team). They have the worst TE group in the NFL.

In five years, Grant has exactly 5 return TDs-- 2 on kick offs, and 3 on punt returns.

That isn't a lot.
Lots of big returns, though. He is good in that respect. One of the best in the league, in fact.

But do you keep him just for that? He doesn't track the deep ball well, his hands are inconsistent. He isn't a good receiver.

Honestly I really don't know what their intentions are going to be. But I definitely can see him returning kicks as a rookie. Cedee Lamb did as a rookie for the cowboys last year, tyreek Hill returned for Kansas City for a couple years, Darren sproles, Antonio Brown to name a few. I like Grant and would hope that he could turn the corner as a receiver but if all he's going to do is be a return man at his price, Jaylen waddle would have his job. Because I honestly do think waddle is a lot better of a returner than Grant.
I don’t disagree on the points you make about value. Just curious as to the source of your confidence in Waddle as a returner. Grant is the best return man in franchise history. I’m not even sure that’s debatable. His 0-60 is the best I’ve ever seen plus the change of direction on a dime. It is too bad he’s not a big play WR.

Oh,I'm in agreement with you. I think the problem is we're money strapped and that's mainly because of Byron and X. They've put us in a cash strapped situation.

You'd figure a Gesickie contract is going to make him a top 10 paid TE in the league...If not Top 5-6!

Bottomline that contract is going to be filthy!
Agreed. He’s going to get a big pay day.

I don’t disagree on the points you make about value. Just curious as to the source of your confidence in Waddle as a returner. Grant is the best return man in franchise history. I’m not even sure that’s debatable. His 0-60 is the best I’ve ever seen plus the change of direction on a dime. It is too bad he’s not a big play WR.
These are just a few, but I personally think he's just special with the 🏈 in his hand no matter how he gets it.

Met him and his family and spoke with him a few times. OVerally great kid! But the writing is on the wall. Last season he didn't do enough with his opportunities. That dime that Tua through to him 40+ yards down the field that he dropped was a sure fire TD adn the type of plays he needs to make with his speed.

Good luck Grant! I'm positive he'll get picked up by someone.
That wound up being a bigger play in the game, IMO, than just the one missed TD or long catch. That was not a good game for Tua, as it turned out, and if Grant catches that, whether he scores or not, I feel it changes the 'Mo' for Tua and maybe he wouldve made more good throws.
You never know the broader 'opportunity cost' of a play that's missed, but it often transcends one play.

Back
Top Bottom