Second Round Targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

I hope we take a safety. Are there any OL projected to be starters left? We need one.

I hope we take a safety. Are there any OL projected to be starters left? We need one.
I agree. Honestly, I was hoping for McKinney, Delpit or Shenault at #30. But I'm going to trust the process. We all kind of had a feeling Miami would pick someone from Auburn. I thought it was Davidson, who is still a possibility.

As to OL, I think Cushenberry would be nice if he makes it to #56. Center, guard, good pass protector. Hunt is interesting as well. Has played RT.

I know wr isn't a big need, but man would I like Pittman or Shenault at #39.

I'm looking hard at RB at 39 and think we may actually move up if one or two go before 39. I want Taylor but I'm good with any of Swift Taylor Dobbins. Far as 56 hoping a safety falls in our lap. Winfield is the preference for me. If we don't move up from 39 we will move up from 56. I do not expect to pick at both those spots.

One of the safeties, for sure... although after going CB, I think it is less likely. Maybe in the third or fourth.

A Center or RT. Niang, Wanogho, Cushenberry, Jones, Cleveland, Hennesy... all very much fit here.

Certainly a RB... I'm thinking with our next pick. Swift, if he's available.

We need one more lineman. Right now you have

Austin Jackson, LT
Ereck Flowers, LG
Ted Karras, C/RG
Jesse Davis, RG/RT

You can

1. take a center, and slide Karras/Davis to the right

2. take a guard, move Davis right

3. take a RT, move Davis left

Another small possibility - take another LT like Cleveland or Niang, put Austin Jackson on Tua's blindside

I’m super excited. The talent on the board is drool worthy.

I could see Cincy taking Denzel Mims at 33. Dude looks like TO. I am surprised Jefferson and Aiyuk went ahead of him. I am not usually a WR guy but I wouldn’t cry if we took him 39th.

Still need a Safety pretty badly. Not sure you can wait too much longer.

Two OTs, J. Jones and Cleveland could have their names called at 39.

Epenesa and Gross-Matos should go in the first couple picks tomorrow night.

Also keep the door open for a trade out. If someone wants to give us a 2021 first you gotta discuss it.

Last edited:
According to the Miami Herald, Miami has interest in OT Erza Cleveland from Boise State and the 2 OL's from UL Lafayette Dotson and Hunt. Hunt is a Mauling RT type. I recently read they absolutely love WR Denzel Mims from Baylor. And we all know about the RB's they've shown interest in. As well as Center Matt Hennessy. There are still a lot of options especially at #39.

Last edited:
I’m super excited. The talent on the board is drool worthy.

I could see taking Denzel Mims at 33. Dude looks like TO. I am surprised Jefferson and Aiyuk went ahead of him. I am not usually a WR guy but I wouldn’t cry if we took him 39th.

Still need a Safety pretty badly. Not sure you can wait too much longer.

Two OTs, J. Jones and Cleveland could have their names called at 39.

Epenesa and Gross-Matos should go in thefirst couple picks tomorrow night.

Also keep the door open for a trade out. If someone wants to give us a 2021 first you gotta discuss it.

Give me Josh Jones at OT, or Winfield at S, at 39.

If we take Winfield, our back end will be downright filthy. I’d love that pick. If we take Jones, we’ve officially got bookend tackles to keep Tua upright.

Either way, I’d like to see one more OT taken, as well as another DB.

We also need some interior offensive line help at some point. Give me at least one edge rusher. Give me a TE who’s a receiving threat to pair with Gesicki. And at some point add a RB—I don’t think it needs to be an early pick because I think good (not great) RBs are a dime a dozen in this league.

Back
Top Bottom