Second Round Targets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

I hope we take a safety. Are there any OL projected to be starters left? We need one.
Yes, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are still out there, and both are projected to be starting OT's. Larger group of interior OL left. My favorite of the bunch is OC Tyler Biadasz of Wisconsin. Most prefer Cushenberry. They will both likely go on day 2. Those OT's and about 4 OC's are the top prospects. The OG's are a deeper but less impressive group. Obviously, both OT's and OC's bleed over into OG's as well though.

Yes, Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland are still out there, and both are projected to be starting OT's. Larger group of interior OL left. My favorite of the bunch is OC Tyler Biadasz of Wisconsin. Most prefer Cushenberry. They will both likely go on day 2. Those OT's and about 4 OC's are the top prospects. The OG's are a deeper but less impressive group. Obviously, both OT's and OC's bleed over into OG's as well though.

Been calling for Tyler Biadasz for months ever since being introduced to him here. Watched some interviews of him...just seems like such a good kid...such a good person to build your team around. I can see him and Tua/Jackson being such great new additions to our locker room.

Get us Jonathan Taylor too and this draft will be legendary.

Maybe Josh Jones falls to 39. If not, I want Swift or Dobbins. I was really thrown off by the CB pick at 30.

Initially, I was too.

However, the fact that, when they made the selection, no RB’s or Safeties had been selected, so it made total sense.

Because there isn’t huge a huge gap between the top 3-5 RB’s nor the top couple safeties. MIA has pick #39 and 11 additional draft picks in their possession that will easily allow them to move up when they deem necessary to land one of each.

They won’t be left out when the positional run begins, if they don’t want to be.

They’re remaining patient and playing it smartly IMO.

Swift Dobbins, Akers,Jones,Cleveland,Biadasz , Cushenberry, Blacklock, Gross-Matos would luv to see a combo of these guys tomorrow. honestly hoping the dolphins trade back into the 2nd or 3rd.

I'm sure there would be a lot of people here complaining... but I would love to see Miami get their hands on wr Laviska Shenault in the 2nd round. Future NFL stud that will outplay some of the 1st round receivers. Starting lineup with Tua throwing to Parker, Williams, Shenault and Gesicki would equal nightmares for AFC East secondaries. Add a speed receiver off the bench and a dangerious receiving rb and it's even worse. Can wait til 2021 for those last two pieces, Travis Eittiene out of the backfield and one several sub 4.4 wrs expected to be in the 2021 draft pool.

Lots of good players available. I would love for the Fins to trade down again and get more picks.

Centers: Hennesy, Cushenberry, Biadasz
Safeties: Winfield, McKinney, Wallace, Jones, Reed
RBs: Akers, Perine, Dillion, Dallas can all be had later
WRs: Claypool, Gandy-Golden can be had later
TEs: Harrison Bryant, Truatman, Okwvegbunam, Bryant
LBs: Brunson, Gay Jr., Jennings, Coughlin

There are plenty of gems other than the name players that the Fins can get if they have done their homework. I think they should look for value and trade down if they can get the same player they want later in the draft.

I hope they are shrewd with their picks tomorrow night. We shall see. Tomorrow could be a really big day for this team.

Initially, I was too.

However, the fact that, when they made the selection, no RB’s or Safeties had been selected, so it made total sense.

Because there isn’t huge a huge gap between the top 3-5 RB’s nor the top couple safeties. MIA has pick #39 and 11 additional draft picks in their possession that will easily allow them to move up when they deem necessary to land one of each.

They won’t be left out when the positional run begins, if they don’t want to be.

They’re remaining patient and playing it smartly IMO.

This is the best board awareness that I have seen from the Phins in many years. Grier lit so many smokescreens that both Detroit and the Giants were frozen in place... so Tua fell. Then we moved down and still got our CB...

Now compare this with all the whiners who wanted to trade up... NO MATTER WHAT THE COST!!!!!

Just masterful work by Grier.

I want dobbins and later winfield or Ashtyn Davis
after that I would like trade up with many of our 5 rounder to add another Third to pick Bowden Jr and 1 OL ( Biadasz or Lemieux)
With our 4 I can see another Auburn player ......Driscoll (OT)

I think Miami will need to trade up (maybe trade that Green Bay 4th) to get one of the top backs in round 2, unless they plan to settle on who drops to them. I can see Cincinnati, New England and Detroit selecting rbs before Miami is on the clock again.

I think Miami will need to trade up (maybe trade that Green Bay 4th) to get one of the top backs in round 2, unless they plan to settle on who drops to them. I can see Cincinnati, New England and Detroit selecting rbs before Miami is on the clock again.

Now... I'm not predicting this... but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they pass on the 2nd round RBs and lean heavily on Jordan this year... and maybe take one of the next echelon of backs... Dillon, Kelly, Moss, Benjamin... any one of these guys could be part of a successful platoon.

Now... I'm not predicting this... but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they pass on the 2nd round RBs and lean heavily on Jordan this year... and maybe take one of the next echelon of backs... Dillon, Kelly, Moss, Benjamin... any one of these guys could be part of a successful platoon.
There’s an option. No one knows what this FO is plotting.

This is the best board awareness that I have seen from the Phins in many years. Grier lit so many smokescreens that both Detroit and the Giants were frozen in place... so Tua fell. Then we moved down and still got our CB...

Now compare this with all the whiners who wanted to trade up... NO MATTER WHAT THE COST!!!!!

Just masterful work by Grier.

Yes sir.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 and things could have always turned out differently, but I was always a proponent of standing pat at 5. I'm so glad they did so.

I would have been upset had Tua been selected at 4 and Herbert selected at 5 as a consolation, but I could have lived with Tua getting drafted at 3 or 4 and MIA landing Simmons or Brown or even one of the tackles at 5. I would have been willing to risk that outcome.

As it turned out, they would have been able to land Jordan Love at 18 or 26 had it played out that way. But I digress.

It could be argued that they miscalculated Ruiz and could have traded up from 18 for one of the other tackles, but they've certainly played it right with all the RB's and Safeties.

They've remained patient and all but one (CEH) is still on the board.

If they have a preference of S or RB, they'll be able to trade up from 39. Or they can still remain patient and take who is left at 39 and trade up from 56 to land the other position.

They are in a great place IMO.

Back
Top Bottom