Second Round Targets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

Maybe we trade up and get an additional 2nd pick as well.

We draft JK Dobbins at pick 39 and Ezra Cleveland at 56 then we need to get Guard Jonah Jackson out of OSU in the third round.

FO must really be down on McKinney and Delpit. I would still like to see us take McKinney if he's there. Delpit, I'm not big on. We should still have good choices left at RB and the OT Cleveland from Boise State would be a solid selection at 56. He could play immediately. It's nice to only have had six picks selected before we pick tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm prioritsing RB at 39 personally, wouldn't be shocked if we move up for Swift. I would be happy with any of Swift, Dobbins or Taylor. I'm not sure safety is as big a need for this FO as we think it is, so can see them holding of to 2b or the 3rd, think we'll also package 4th and 5ths to get another top 100 pick too.

Outside of RBs:

Ashtyn David
Josh Uche
Darrel Taylor
Yetur Gross Matos
Lloyd Cushenberry
Terrell Lewis
Davon Hamilton
Robert Hunt
Jeremy Chinn

Off the top of my head....

RB

De'Andre Swift (2) - Twitchy; elite cutting ability
JK Dobbins (2) - Speed meets power
Jon Taylor (2) - Love the vision; carries the ball carelessly which means fumbles
Cam Akers (3) - Footwork and balance outstanding; just want to see more decisiveness
Zack Moss (3) - Violent runner; worry about shelf life

WR

Laviska Shenault (2) - Physical RAC, breaks more tackles than anyone in the draft
Lynn Bowden (3) - Tough projection but natural football player
KJ Hill (3) - Not many better at separating; great hands; trustworthy on third down
KJ Hamler (3) - Makes things happen after catch; line up anywhere

OT

Josh Jones (2) - Close to a finished product but great pass protector
Ezra Cleveland (2) - Most athletic lineman in class
Matt Peart (2) - Another great athlete; just needs to clean up technique issues

C

Matt Hennessy (2) - Best pass protecting interior since Q. Nelson

OG

Danny Pinter (3) - Sensing a theme here with these lineman? Athletic, natural feet
Netane Muti (3) - Dominates on tape but can he stay healthy?
Jonah Jackson (3) - Reliable pass protector
Damien Lewis (3) - See above

DT

DaVon Hamilton (2) - Explosive cat who'll collapse a pocket
Jordan Elliot (3) - Some of the best hand usage you'll find at position

Edge

Kenny Willekes (2/3) - Highly explosive; those are the guys you bet on as pass rushers
Alex Highsmith (3) - Snap anticipation; hand usage; inside counters

Rush LB

Josh Uche (2) - Blitz and cover immediately; long arms give room for growth in run game
Zack Baun (2) - Gets upfield; won't miss tackles
Curits Weaver (2/3) - Production is good; lacks twitch to be a true difference maker

Off LB

Akeem Davis-Gaither (2) - Twitched up; elite closing burst; needs to get stronger
Willie Gay (2) - Speed and range; needs to get better vs. run

S

Antoine Winfield (2) - Instincts, character, athleticism; his fathers son alright
Xavier McKinney (2) - Poor mans Isaiah Simmons. Plays Mike / Will / Single high / box / slot
Grant Delpit (2) - Always around the ball; misses way too many tackles
Jeremy Chinn (2) - Best range since Hooker
Kyle Dugger (2) - Explosive; kind of a tweener LB/S
Geno Stone (3) - Rangy; finds the ball

Probably missed some. Lots of good corners there but I guess we're out of that market

I'm prioritsing RB at 39 personally, wouldn't be shocked if we move up for Swift. I would be happy with any of Swift, Dobbins or Taylor. I'm not sure safety is as big a need for this FO as we think it is, so can see them holding of to 2b or the 3rd, think we'll also package 4th and 5ths to get another top 100 pick too.

Yeah love to have Swift, thought he was the pick at 30. I think he would be a great compliment to Howard.

S McKinney, Delprit, Winfield, A. Davis, Chinn
Lots of OTs left
Lots of WRs left
4 Quality RB starters still left
A few interior C/Gs still left

Expect to trade up into the 3rd round for another pick (4 picks total).

Lot of talent out here. Miami spent a lot of time with JK Dobbins and Robert Hunt (OT from Louisianna-Lafeyette who projects as a guard).

So many people to want but man I want Winfield Jr on the team. Like if we walked out with him we could forfeit every other pick and I'd call it a success

Back
Top Bottom