Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins

I'd honestly be very suprised if this deal does get done. Realistically the Vikings can get at least one of the top 3 Wr's in the draft by staying pat at the #7 position and keep their other 2 choices. I think we have a better chance of getting a deal done with Tampa if they want a Qb so badly. I hope it gets done but I dont see it happening realistically.

We have 3 different news sources saying that Miami and Vikings might trade each other. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Everyone keeps saying Minny would be trading both first round picks like they are losing two first round selections. In essence they are giving up ONE first round pick, because they are turning their 7th into a 2nd. All they are giving up is the 18th pick, and possibly another mid rounder.

To get the best player in the draft, and replace the guy they lost, giving up the 18th isn't bad.

I don't see why Minny wouldn't do the trade. They get Braylon, and the only other needs they might have are DE,LB, and OG which all has good players later in the draft.

dolfan87 said:
Everyone keeps saying Minny would be trading both first round picks like they are losing two first round selections. In essence they are giving up ONE first round pick, because they are turning their 7th into a 2nd. All they are giving up is the 18th pick, and possibly another mid rounder.

To get the best player in the draft, and replace the guy they lost, giving up the 18th isn't bad.

Great Point! It makes alot of sense for Minny however the only problem I see is how much pull does Meathead Tice have because I don't think he is capable of pulling off any kind of move like that come draft day.

newlownorder said:
We have 3 different news sources saying that Miami and Vikings might trade each other. Where there is smoke there is fire.

I think we could classify this one as an atomic blast....this trade is going to happen...whether it happens before or after the draft is another issue.

Just the 2 firsts would be a good deal to me. We could get Either Mike Williams or One of the top 3 backs with the #7, and another very good/quality player with #17, or trade the #17, for more picks this year and maybe a 1st next year

Sorry if it requires a membership, when I first went to it it didn't require one. Someone had a utility tool on here that made it easy to access the sites that required you to fill out the free memberships, whish I had saved it!

yankeehillbilly said:
Clayton just said it aint gonna happen. Then again, wtf does he know.
Dude is part of an ALIEN conspiracy to infect the earth with ugliness

Clayton just said it aint gonna happen. Then again, wtf does he know.

and yesterday he said there was over 50% chance we'd make the trade. Boy talk about a flipflop on his part.

what mid-round pick would we be getting? a 4th, 5th, 6th? the earlier the better....i wouldnt mind a 4th. Overall, Smith/Rodgers/MWilliams/Edwards/Brown/CWiliams/Benson will still be avaiable at the number 7 spot......whoever we take out of them is fine by me, altho u can get a quality RB and QB in the later rounds. Number 18?? Id pick...a defensive tackle. Patterson/Johnson/Cody

Cadillac Williams & Mark Clayton isn't that bad of an idea.

Back
Top Bottom