Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins

MinnesotaMike said:
Don't put too much faith in Peter King but take the word of someone named Charles Robinson as gospel? I guess we all believe the reports that we want to be true.

I never said this report was proof or gospel, I just hoped it would come true.

FWIW

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/11437226.htm

The Vikings have talked to some teams at the top of this weekend's NFL draft, but that doesn't mean they're looking to trade up from the No. 7 spot.

In fact, according to team vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, they could just as easily end up moving in the opposite direction.

"I don't want to name teams," Brzezinski said Tuesday. "I will confirm we have talked to teams ahead of us and behind us. We're looking for value. We want to know what it would cost us to move up. It's also possible we could move back for the right value."

Minnesota, which owns the seventh and 18th selections of the first round, reportedly has talked to San Francisco, Miami and Cleveland  which are scheduled to pick first through third, respectively  about a possible trade.

The Vikings' No. 1 need is at wide receiver, and a top-three pick likely would ensure them a shot at this year's top prospect, Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or Southern California's Mike Williams.

Anything is possible, according to Brzezinski, but he said the chances of a trade down are just as likely. That won't create the same buzz as the trade-up rumors, but Brzezinski said the Vikings will continue to talk trade with teams above and below them and that he expects those discussions to continue through Saturday.

"It's likely we'll pick at seven," he said. "All we're doing is exploring our options. We're wide open."

Pabs1986 said:
Who would you take with the two 1st rounders??Caddy and Spears??

At seven Iwould take the bpa on offense whether it be qb,rb,wr and then try to work a deal with Philly to pick up a second and third and there first.

Who cares what anyone said or hasn't said? None of these teams are going to let anyone know what they truly want to do so it's a moot point.

Take everything you've heard and disregard it.

Now take into consideration the FACTS.

-Minny traded the most explosive receiver in the NFL.
-They received the 7th pick in the draft. (Probably planning on using it to draft the best receiver available)
-Kelly Campbell is in some trouble and could face disciplinary action from the NFL.
-There is considerable interest in both receivers from multiple teams ahead of them in the draft.
-Both their 1st round picks equal our #2 pick...roughly.
-It's clear that Saban would like to trade down.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, Peter King is a liar, or the guy who is reporting this is gospel but there sure is a lot to support the trade.

MinnesotaMike said:
FWIW

The Vikings have talked to some teams at the top of this weekend's NFL draft, but that doesn't mean they're looking to trade up from the No. 7 spot.

In fact, according to team vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, they could just as easily end up moving in the opposite direction.

"I don't want to name teams," Brzezinski said Tuesday. "I will confirm we have talked to teams ahead of us and behind us. We're looking for value. We want to know what it would cost us to move up. It's also possible we could move back for the right value."

Minnesota, which owns the seventh and 18th selections of the first round, reportedly has talked to San Francisco, Miami and Cleveland  which are scheduled to pick first through third, respectively  about a possible trade.

The Vikings' No. 1 need is at wide receiver, and a top-three pick likely would ensure them a shot at this year's top prospect, Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or Southern California's Mike Williams.

Anything is possible, according to Brzezinski, but he said the chances of a trade down are just as likely. That won't create the same buzz as the trade-up rumors, but Brzezinski said the Vikings will continue to talk trade with teams above and below them and that he expects those discussions to continue through Saturday.

"It's likely we'll pick at seven," he said. "All we're doing is exploring our options. We're wide open."

I'm not going to get my hopes up but how sweet it would be to pull this one off!

MinnesotaMike said:
FWIW

You guys also said you weren't trading Moss.

Its all part of one huge poker game. Will their be a move..I dont know I would hope so but If not BPA at 2 is still going to help. Braylon is the consensus best player in the Draft and if he is in aqua and orange good for us if he ends up in purple and gold good for the vikes. Im just glad Saban isnt going to let us get Raped like we have in the past :nana:

What about Surtain? If we can get some pics for him Saban will be an offseason/draft god, second only to JJ.

How about Qb rodgers, RB C. Williams, or CB/ FS Rolle at #7 overall
AND
WR M. Jones, OLB D. Johnson, DE Merryman, or CB Pac Man Jones at 18

DOLFANMIKE said:
How about Qb rodgers, RB C. Williams, or CB/ FS Rolle at #7 overall
AND
WR M. Jones, OLB D. Johnson, DE Merryman, or CB Pac Man Jones at 18

good times, if it happens. good times! but then there's the extra waiting for 6 teams to pick! but we're on the west coast, so maybe i'll use that extra time napping!

I want it to happen, but after reading just a moment ago on ESPN that the Packers matched DE Kampan's Vikings offer, I am getting worried. They may feel they need those picks to fill some holes. I guess it will all depend on how much the Vikings feel they need a top flight receiver, and possibly the BPA, to go along with Culpepper.

Steve

bigmiamifan said:
What about Surtain? If we can get some pics for him Saban will be an offseason/draft god, second only to JJ.

Let's hold off on the "Saban Draft God" for now. He still has to make the picks, and hopefully down the road the picks make a difference in getting us to the Super Bowl.

phinfan2003 said:
I'll believe it when I see it. How awesome it would be for this to really happen though. I'm just trying to stay level headed here.

That's my thoughts, when It's reality, then I'll believe it, but in the back of my mind, the owner of the Vikes is cheap, and I don't see him wanting to pay 2 1st rounders..so this may have some wheels.

Back
Top Bottom