Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Semi-Huge news re: Vikings and Dolphins

ih8brady said:
I wouldnt put much faith in Peter King. The guy was an arrogant prick who "knows" what Saban the communist(Where he got this comparison I dont know) will do. The truth is, Saban has kept most of his intentions under wrap.

Wouldn't the fact that Saban is very tight lipped and authoritarian(no press coverage and very little public access) garner the opinion of this guy to call him communist? I like what he's doing, but I could see the communist thing lol. ;)

Would be nice. Especially when you add in the fact that Philly might be looking to move up. to #18? How sweet could that be.

Or, how about this, take a RB at #7 and then try to turn our 18 into say a 20 (Only ask for like a 6th rounder, or even a pick next year, something small, just to move down a minor ways) to get low enough to justify stealing Cambell straight out of washingtons hands

Dudeman said:
thats nice that you all are jumping the gun on this trade from some guy nobody has ever heard of, when Clayton recently said that Minnesota is backing down from a trade offer because they dont want to give up both 1sts

I saw no jumping of the gun.

Culpeper is going to jump on a gun if they dont get him a target.. :roflmao:

Tommatt said:
Would be nice. Especially when you add in the fact that Philly might be looking to move up. to #18? How sweet could that be.

Or, how about this, take a RB at #7 and then try to turn our 18 into say a 20 (Only ask for like a 6th rounder, or even a pick next year, something small, just to move down a minor ways) to get low enough to justify stealing Cambell straight out of washingtons hands

At this point I'd rather screw Philly than Washington.
1. Couldn't hang with the Patriots in SB
2. Laying the pipe to us in the trade for Feeley. Not saying Feeley isn't going to progress. Just that a 2nd is way to high for a 3rd stringer. We're having trouble just getting a 2nd for a all pro cb.
3. Eagles fans are just as bad as Jets fans.

Tommatt said:

It would take a 4th or 5th rd pick to move one spot at that point in the first, let alone a 6th rd pick to move from 20 to 18.

MinnesotaMike said:
FWIW

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/11437226.htm

The Vikings have talked to some teams at the top of this weekend's NFL draft, but that doesn't mean they're looking to trade up from the No. 7 spot.

In fact, according to team vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, they could just as easily end up moving in the opposite direction.

"I don't want to name teams," Brzezinski said Tuesday. "I will confirm we have talked to teams ahead of us and behind us. We're looking for value. We want to know what it would cost us to move up. It's also possible we could move back for the right value."

Minnesota, which owns the seventh and 18th selections of the first round, reportedly has talked to San Francisco, Miami and Cleveland  which are scheduled to pick first through third, respectively  about a possible trade.

The Vikings' No. 1 need is at wide receiver, and a top-three pick likely would ensure them a shot at this year's top prospect, Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or Southern California's Mike Williams.

Anything is possible, according to Brzezinski, but he said the chances of a trade down are just as likely. That won't create the same buzz as the trade-up rumors, but Brzezinski said the Vikings will continue to talk trade with teams above and below them and that he expects those discussions to continue through Saturday.

"It's likely we'll pick at seven," he said. "All we're doing is exploring our options. We're wide open."

I am sorry MinnesotaMike, however it is always likely they will pick at seven. A lot needs to happen for a trade to go down. I am sure Saban would say the same thing in an interview about the #2 spot.

yankeehillbilly said:
Clayton just said it aint gonna happen. Then again, wtf does he know.

He has said a bunch of trades "aint gonna happen" that has happened over the years.

Did i see it right that the Texans gave Oakland their 2nd and 3rd round picks for Patrick Buchanon?

Back
Top Bottom