Senior Bowl Comment on Phillip Rivers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Comment on Phillip Rivers

No I am saying you guys are biast.

Originally posted by Jaj
No I am saying you guys are biast.

Naaa...I'm not biased. I've always liked Rivers, and have always said that if the scouts/experts don't like him, there's gotta be a reason for it, and that I'd trust their opinion of him even over my own, because that's what they get paid to be good at.

That being said....since we're biased....totally disregard our comments on the matter and read the reports coming out of Mobile.

No I am saying that I won't believe any of you with the finall review. I am gonna trust what Marino says.

Originally posted by Jaj
No I am saying that I won't believe any of you with the finall review. I am gonna trust what Marino says.

So you believe that he's been very consistent, and are impressed byhis strong arm? Now we have someting in common.

No offense to Boomer but he seems pretty he\\ bent on Losman being the obvious 3rd best QB in the draft and his attitude problems being complete nonsense...while Rivers is a noodle...and I think its showing in what he reports about the Senior Bowl and stuff. Notice he points out the stuff where it says Rivers did bad at the Senior Bowl but not the stuff where it said he did good, no pointing out that Marino said the kid had a "strong arm" etc. I just don't think anyone here is escaping bias.

As for myself I'm biased against the two of them. I'd rather bet the farm and trade for Eli Manning. Its not that I have the answers on Losman and Rivers...I don't know whether Rivers can be coached into better mechanics or whether his arm is or is not NFL caliber, and I don't know whether Losman has attitude problems for real or not. What I do know is there's enough people that swear up and down that both of these are true, that it makes me too nervous to entrust either one of them with the franchise unless I had specific inside knowledge reason to believe either claim was false.

And yes I realize that just because people say its so don't make it so blah blah blah don't give me any of that nonsense. I'm not convicting either man of a crime, I'm deciding whether or not I would draft them onto my fantasy team as my future quarterback with the hopes and dreams of a Marino-coated city resting on his shoulders.

Pretty much ya that is what I am gonna believe. I will watch him in the Senior Bowl, you can bet on that.

CK - I don't think Rivers is a noodle. I think he's an outstanding college QB, I just have severe doubts about so many things in his armoury that I question whether Miami, who have had a number of draft false starts, and with a closing window of opportunity and no 2nd round pick, could risk a 1st round pick on a guy with so many ???? marks.

The things I see with Rivers:

1. He has started every game he has ever played at the collegiate level, and this isn't a D1AA or D2 level.

2. He has been very productive throughout his career, becoming the second all time leading passer in NCAA history.

3. He has the innate talent to be an NFL QB. The intangibles are there, but the arm strength is there as well.

Someone made the comment that Rivers is Danny Wuerfful with a strong arm. Well, if Danny Wuerfful had a strong arm, he'd be starting in the NFL right now. Wuerfful had everything else you could want in a QB. His lack of arm strength is the reason he isn't in the NFL.

Originally posted by Boomer
CK - I don't think Rivers is a noodle. I think he's an outstanding college QB, I just have severe doubts about so many things in his armoury that I question whether Miami, who have had a number of draft false starts, and with a closing window of opportunity and no 2nd round pick, could risk a 1st round pick on a guy with so many ???? marks.

So many ???

Far as know bad mechanics and that it.

Bad mechanics, disappearing accuracy down field, not stepping into throws, not stetting feet, unorthodox delivery that menas balls being batted at the LOS.

Bad mechanics, disappearing accuracy down field, not stepping into throws, not stetting feet, unorthodox delivery that menas balls being batted at the LOS.

All those things you mention goes into bad mecahnics and downfield accuracy wasn't problem during the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mechanics constitute the way the ball is delivered. Bad feet comes under the "footwork" category. But if you are happy with a kid with so many question marks, considering all our draft difficulties the last few years, plus a closing window with regards to the current talent and no 2nd rounder, makes Rivers a big ???? mark.

Mechanics constitute the way the ball is delivered. Bad feet comes under the "footwork" category. But if you are happy with a kid with so many question marks, considering all our draft difficulties the last few years, plus a closing window with regards to the current talent and no 2nd rounder, makes Rivers a big ???? mark.

Given he's not a definite. However on the draft difficulties in recent years, do you think Spielman being GM will factor in? I do.

Back
Top Bottom