Should Ross pursue GM Jerry Reese? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Ross pursue GM Jerry Reese?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
he was just fired by the Giants. He is a NY guy which Ross loves. He has a much better history of success in the draft than Tannenbaum....

Won some rings with a great QB, but the Gaints roster has has deep issues for many years now. So not a name that would interest me.

But good god, a huge upgrade over Tannenbaum or Grier

That would be equivalent to upgrading from a Yugo to a Pinto

But while we're at it, talking about dead guys walking, I wouldn't mind OC Hue Jackson taking over the playcalling from Gase.

The best thing I have read all day - get the play calling out of Gase's hands and give it to someone that is more creative.

Please tell me about Jerry Reese. At one point, he was exec of the year right? Where did it go wrong? I know last year they spent like $250M in guaranteed salaries or something. But for a time, he was decent.

What went wrong?

He fired Coughlin and got desperate with huge FA signings.

1. He fired Coughlin for not getting it done but yet hired his new head coach from within that staff that wasn't getting it done.

2. He spent money last offseason "like a boss" like Ireland but it seemed to work on the defensive side of things, problem is, he spent like a boss and this previous offseason/season he couldn't do jack crap to improve the offensive side of the ball because of it.

3. The handling of their previous Kicker's situation with being a tool and verbally assaulting and degrading his wife and domestic abuse probably played a part in it.

Please tell me about Jerry Reese. At one point, he was exec of the year right? Where did it go wrong? I know last year they spent like $250M in guaranteed salaries or something. But for a time, he was decent.

Two magical Super Bowl runs with a hot QB and a defensive front that could put Brady on his ass is what happened. That makes a team/fanbase overlook a lot of crap play . . . and the Giants have been more crap than good over the years.

Please no more ex NY GM's for us. I could name 4 or 5 guys on this board that would do a better job

Ozzy rules!!

No hes not decent. Odell saved his job for a few seasons. He couldn't get a decent Oline or running game to help Eli out for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom