Should Ross pursue GM Jerry Reese? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Ross pursue GM Jerry Reese?

The only guy that can fire Tannenbaum is Ross and unless Harbaugh tells him to do it it's not happening.

hell no to jerry reese...he inherited the great core of players from acosta so it looked like he was good at first but the teams hes assembled since those core guys left have not been good

That would be equivalent to upgrading from a Yugo to a Pinto

But while we're at it, talking about dead guys walking, I wouldn't mind OC Hue Jackson taking over the playcalling from Gase.

Dating yourself there, Vaark, with that auto analogy!!!

That would be equivalent to upgrading from a Yugo to a Pinto

But while we're at it, talking about dead guys walking, I wouldn't mind OC Hue Jackson taking over the playcalling from Gase.
The Browns would be dumb to give Jackson a dumpsterfire and can him after 2 seasons, but I would welcome him in Miami. I'd say make him the head coach.

The one thing Gase had was supposedly being an offensive genius. He isn't. He isn't a teacher, he's not a schemer, his teams aren't ever prepared as they always start slow, he's not a motivator, he doesn't manage the game with any brilliance, he isn't a talent extractor....so the one thing he had isn't working out for him. Why take that away expecting him to get better in any other area?

You have to wonder how Ross views the team. Can he see what changes need to be made or is he more of a fan watching the game with aqua and orange colored glasses?

In my opinion, he isn't even thinking about a change at this point. Look how patient he was with Joe Philibin when the entire fan base knew he wasn't the answer. Maybe if the team is bad again next year there would be changes, but I think it would start with the head coach before the GM. Just my opinion.

Dating yourself there, Vaark, with that auto analogy!!!

LOL, going for the car analogy, even the worst ones these days are made so much better and reliable.. so I picked arguably the worst car ever made and the most dangerous. Maybe I should have compared the trade up from trichinosis to botulism, ya think? Either way, we don't need no more bozos in the front office..matter of face we need to shitcan the 2 dregs we already have instead.

Why would we hire another BUM from a **** franchise. What in the ****ing hell would that accomplish over the current BUM that we have. **** Jerry and TannenBUM, both need to be run out of the NFL.

The Browns would be dumb to give Jackson a dumpsterfire and can him after 2 seasons, but I would welcome him in Miami. I'd say make him the head coach.

The one thing Gase had was supposedly being an offensive genius. He isn't. He isn't a teacher, he's not a schemer, his teams aren't ever prepared as they always start slow, he's not a motivator, he doesn't manage the game with any brilliance, he isn't a talent extractor....so the one thing he had isn't working out for him. Why take that away expecting him to get better in any other area?

Sounds good let’s get rid of a guy with 15 wins in a season and 2/3 for a guy with one win.

Sounds good let’s get rid of a guy with 15 wins in a season and 2/3 for a guy with one win.
No doubt his record with the Browns has been awful. But, it's the Browns.

Jackson coached the awful Raiders and got 8 wins, and Dalton has regressed significantly since Jackson left. If Jackson stays and gets himself some offensive pieces, the Browns will be competitive with him. You can write that down as a certified prediction from me.

Cousins for Tannehill and Hue Jackson for Gase. Gotta love Dolphin fans.

Read the book "The GM" and let me know if you still want Reese

If by "pursue" you mean "chase the hell out" if Reese ever sets foot in South Florida, while I don't think Ross has the stamina, in principle I' m all for it!

Last edited:
Cousins for Tannehill and Hue Jackson for Gase. Gotta love Dolphin fans.
Clearly some have experienced success practicing the "George Costanza Do The Opposite Of Your Instincts" paradigm, so why stop there? Let's resurrect Rich Kotite to coach the team and Mark Sanchez to replace Tannehill !
**glub**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom