Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz?

Do you guys think Fitz will come back next year to backup/mentor Tua next year if he thinks we have a chance at a deep playoff run? Even backups get rings.

If the Dolphins are going with Tua, should they see what they could get for Fitz? Dallas could be an option. Dalton clearly is not the answer, and even though they are 2-4 they still have a great chance of winning that division if they get the right QB. With the rash of injuries this year I would think every playoff team would like to have a good back up in place. Just something to think about and get feedback on.
Dallas should already be on the phone!!

He is way more valuable as a backup-mentor/locker room leader than the day 3 pick we would get in return for him.

No way.

You only trade Fitz if he requests it himself.

Do you guys think Fitz will come back next year to backup/mentor Tua next year if he thinks we have a chance at a deep playoff run? Even backups get rings.

It might be hard to justify being away from his family for a year of sitting on the bench, but then again if the price is right, it might be hard justifying leaving that money on the table for his family.

So yeah, don't know. But this year I gotta believe he is fully vested with what happens this season, even as a backup.

I would love for Fitz to sign with Miami for one more year as a backup. He will probably retire after the season, though.

I could see it. Dallas or Cleveland if Baker doesn't improve.

Dallas is an oil rig on fire in the gulf.
Water is all around them, but they will continue to burn and leak oil.

Can't see them bothering to acquire a QB. 4 of their Offensive line is on IR and their defense would make Olivadotti look competent.

I say keep him for Tua. He's embraced the mentor route.

No way. He's too good for this team right now and for Tua. He is part of why our locker room culture is what it is now.

I think he would rather retire than be a backup QB next season. I believe the Dolphins backup QB in 2021 is not on the roster yet.

He’s more valuable on our roster as a mentor and emergency fill-in for Tua than any possible trade value he might net. This is an easy decision to me.

Back
Top Bottom