Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ?

Lawrence’s teams also loaded with NFL prospects. You think Clemson wins if Zach Wilson is the QB instead of Lawrence? I do. Just like TB wins Super Bowl this year off they have Rogers or Russell Wilson, etc...
No i do not. Lawrence made elite nfl throws and plays at 18 years old. I guess you forget that he replaced the incumbent qb his freshman year and instantly elevated clemson’s level of play.

Lawrence is the most complete qb prospect i have seen in 10 years.

No i do not. Lawrence made elite nfl throws and plays at 18 years old. I guess you forget that he replaced the incumbent qb his freshman year and instantly elevated clemson’s level of play.

Lawrence is the most complete qb prospect i have seen in 10 years.
You’re not wrong. I still think Clemson wins all the games with Zach Wilson this year that Lawrence won. My response was to somebody who said Lawrence was playing against NFL caliber players to which I said Clemson was also loaded with NFL caliber players.

The op only makes sense if you believe Wilson is better than Tua. I think if both qbs are in the same simiular circumstances as far as offensive system, coaching and surrounding talent than Tua is the better qb. People have to remember rookies usually struggle to adjust to mental challanges of the NFL game. Players with A+ physical traits can lean on those a little at the beginning of their careers until the game slows down. Players like Tua you're not going to really know for sure until you see him once the game slows down and he doesn't have to over think situations. Once Tua reaches his comfort level he's going to be fine.

Last edited:
News flash
No one give away a first for Tua at this juncture. So the whole conversation is moot.

Last edited:
I think they should wait until next year to take another quarterback. There will be some interesting prospects like Malik Willis, Ridder, and Eleby from WMU. There will be excellent QB prospects to get, after we see another year from Tua.

This year should be about Ferraris. Sure, they could balance between Sewel and taking a WR at 18, or vice versa. But this team needs a couple of wideouts or three, and some running backs, and it could stand to add a TE. They have 6 pertinent picks to accomplish that before they get into crapshoot land of late seventh round.

I say they need to go heavy on Ferraris. Okay if they want to add one lineman, fine, at any point, even if it is Sewell, but let's get some weapons.

You don't invest 2 consecutive top 10 picks on the QB position unless you're getting rid of one of them......or it's your version of a resignation letter as a GM. That being said.....name the last BYU QB to flourish in the NFL

You don't invest 2 consecutive top 10 picks on the QB position unless you're getting rid of one of them......or it's your version of a resignation letter as a GM. That being said.....name the last BYU QB to flourish in the NFL
I was never a fan but probably Jim Mcmahon...but ironically you probably have to go back further for an Alabama QB that flourished in the NFL. Richard Todd was probably the last

I was never a fan but probably Jim Mcmahon...but ironically you probably have to go back further for an Alabama QB that flourished in the NFL. Richard Todd was probably the last
Good point.....so it would really be a bad idea to use 2 consecutive top 10 picks on QB's from schools not notorious for producing NFL caliber QB's. Ride with Tua, unless you can get Watson, or Lawrence has a picture of him reading a Dr Seuss book to Mr Potato Head surface and he drops in our lap.

Worst case scenario fom a credible draft site. https://www.drafttek.com/m/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

The op only makes sense if you believe Wilson is better than Tua. I think if both qbs are in the same simiular circumstances as far as offensive system, coaching and surrounding talent than Tua is the better qb. People have to remember rookies usually struggle to adjust to mental challanges of the NFL game. Players with A+ physical traits can lean on those a little at the beginning of their careers until the game slows down. Players like Tua you're not going to really know for sure until you see him once the game slows down and he doesn't have to over think situations. Once Tua reaches his comfort level he's going to be fine.

Well since most here think we cant get a first rounder for TUa i'd say it's fair to say that Wilson is viewed as an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom