Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ?

I’ll say this again. 90% of Rookie QBs would’ve taken Tua’s stats and Starting Record their 1st year. Get lost troll
Dude played like crap but ok. Ill be happy if he just learns to throw the ball away.👍

Im not a troll and want more than anything for Tua to succeed but if NY goes Sewell, I’d consider Wilson especially if no one offers to move up. Let the two fight it out and the better man wins. For the record I‘d like to see Tua win the job. No guarantee he would. I think the jests will take Sewell and the fin fans will go nuts when we can’t move down and don’t take a WR.

No way the Jets go Sewell, they have the worst qb in the league over the last 3 yrs

They had a guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick who could start, and did, and won games for us. The same thing a Mitchell Trubisky or Marcus Mariota would be. So instead of those guys why not a rookie instead? The argument is contingent on if that is even an option they are leaning towards. Because who is the back up going to be then? I was just making an observation and posting a question. To be honest, I prefer Justin Fields to Zach Wilson but I think both will be good.
Are you seriously comparing the situation of having a career journeyman QB replaced by a top five pick (believed to be the future franchise QB) to replacing your top five pick (believed to be the future franchise QB) with another top five pick the following year (that is a lesser prospect than the one you drafted the year before)?

Or are you suggesting that because Tua was drafted top five last year and didn’t start game one (for a plethora of reasons) we essentially drafted a backup, and should again spend a pick on drafting a backup QB in the top five?

I’m really not sure what your argument is; however, no matter how I rearrange the deck, it is missing some cards.

Its insane. It really is. He tore about one of the worst defenses ive ever seen in ucf and suddenly some think he is better than lawrence who has beaten teams loaded with nfl prospects even as a true freshman.
Sammy when you post and this is rare I listen. I’ll back any evaluations you give me. I want pitts @ 3 , what’s your opinion?

Zach Wilson averaged 11.0 YPA last season and Mac Jones 11.2. Both of them are going to be drafted extremely high. That 11 YPA plateau used to be unheard of until recent seasons. Now it is happening regularly and the quarterbacks are drafted accordingly. Jalen Hurts was an exception last year because he followed Mayfield and Murray. The league viewed it as Oklahoma influence as much as the player. But if that draft were done again Hurts would go earlier than late second round.

I would definitely take Wilson if available and let him battle with Tua. This is no longer a chess piece league. You have the elite quarterback or you don't matter.

Two swings and not one

Besides, not only would it be marvelously entertaining but the short term risk isn't as great as some suggest. The Dolphins figure to regress in 2021. That is at least a 70/30 scenario, given a rise from 6 wins to 10. If it's going to be a disappointing year it might as well be an investment year toward clarity.

Zach Wilson looks like the type who will boom or bust and it might be obvious fairly quickly. Justin Fields, on the other hand, has definitive strengths and weaknesses. He looks like a guy who will tease as elite but might always fall just shy. Great numbers down the field, though. He can throw that deep looper as well as anyone outside Russell Wilson.

95 Pam though.....

David Hasselhoff Cali GIF by Baywatch
I'd take the 91' Pam... :shrug:
1614923494900.png

If Tua is not the QB then Grier made a monumental error in selecting him.
That’s just dumb. Players coming out of college bust all the time, even the “sure fire, can’t miss types”. Drafting is a guess and a game of playing the odds.

Grier gets judged on a review of his picks from the time he’s in been in charge, not just a voice in the process.

Tua turning out to be a bust could end up being the straw that ends his tenure and that would be fair. But GMs miss approximately 50% of the time and they can’t afford to make the safe choices to juice the odds because that will get them killed too.

If Tua is not the QB then Grier made a monumental error in selecting him.
Would explain the interest in Watson.

I dont think Wilson has played enough games against tough competition. Hes too risky to take at 3. I understand the logic behind it but taking another qb so soon means Tua massively disappointed Grier and Flores in year 1 and I dont think he was that woeful.

Back
Top Bottom