Should we fix the offense first? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we fix the offense first?

Scherff...go ahead and give him the money you were going to give Tunsil. That's what it's going to take after he refused $13 million per year...or that could have been because it was giveb by a dead-end organization. If that's the case, we are out of that running and will have to move on to Thuney/Peat. Throw a boatload of money at the DE from Jacksonville so we don't have to worry about that early in the draft and we can go offense again...after we pick up Diggs out of Alabama, who teams are going to rate lower than the CB from Stanford (UCF WR toyed with him worse than Cooper toyed with Howard).

1st three picks should be (Tua, Wirfs, Ruggs...if no Biadasz/Creed if no Ruggs, or Biadasz)

If the Dolphins are using the Pats mantra then they're not overspending for any FA's. They'd possibly have to overspend on Scherff which doesn't sound like the formula they'll use. Definitely not the impression I gathered from Grier's PC. They may very well be active in FA but that could be viewed from a quantity standpoint.

Not breaking the bank and spending on possibly 5-8 FA's with reasonable contracts or swinging for the fences for 2 "big name" FA's.

Like I said earlier, there are very few keepers on offense. Just from the recent offense we've jettisoned Pouncey, James, Tunsil, Landry, Ajayi and Stills. The three linemen we traded are better than any that we have on the team. Stills and Landry would be our best 2 receivers. We got a lot wrong. We better start making great decisions. BTW, the one FA spot I'd spend big money on is LT.

As much as I would love to focus on one side, you don't know what players fall to you.

If your just focusing on Offense, and a great pass-rusher you love is there, you can't bypass him just because you working exclusively on offense.

Miami has a good amount of positions they have to fix urgently...

Pass-Rusher
Safety
Run stuffing LB or another DE (depending if Miami will be 3-4 or 4-3)...
Tackle
Guard
Center
CB
QB (Depending how Rosen Looks)

If you see a superstar looking at you at one of these positions (Miami will have 7 in first three rounds...when the real quality players are if you know where to look), you jump on him.

If the Dolphins are using the Pats mantra then they're not overspending for any FA's. They'd possibly have to overspend on Scherff which doesn't sound like the formula they'll use. Definitely not the impression I gathered from Grier's PC. They may very well be active in FA but that could be viewed from a quantity standpoint.

Not breaking the bank and spending on possibly 5-8 FA's with reasonable contracts or swinging for the fences for 2 "big name" FA's.
5-8 FAs make us the Miami Dolphins we are used to seeing.

There are no players worth their salt who will sign for $5-6 million per. Not to come here and rebuild.

5-8 FAs make us the Miami Dolphins we are used to seeing.

There are no players worth their salt who will sign for $5-6 million per. Not to come here and rebuild.

More than likely the "big name FA's" wouldn't want to come here and rebuild. We have way too many holes to fix especially on OL (starters and depth) so maybe a second tier type of OL could possibly sign here but for a reasonable contract.

In contrast; the Miami Dolphins we're also used to seeing is Offseason champions and when it's show and prove time....NOTHING.

Examples: 2009 (Dansby, Burnett, and the rest translated into zero success)

2015 Suh (wasn't opposed to the signing but the $$$ given) and Brandon Albert, etc.

Another thought, look to concentrate on those premium positions. That obviously starts with quarterback. Pass rusher, corner and left or right tackle depending on if Tua is drafted.

Not advocating ignoring the offensive line. I'd make that the free agent priority.

I would trade the first pick for a kings ransom or take Chase Young. Take a QB in the top 5 is a big risk that rarely pans out. Football is still a game that is won in the trenches.
Well, we can thank god then that you are not the GM.

1a...BPA, 1b...BPA, 1c...BPA, 2a...BPA, 2bBPA...…… If they want to go after positions, do it in FA.

Ultimately it comes down to this. Whenever you start chasing players or positions you lose value. The good thing is this team needs help everywhere. So whatever is the BPA is a need...See how that works?

Ultimately it comes down to this. Whenever you start chasing players or positions you lose value. The good thing is this team needs help everywhere. So whatever is the BPA is a need...See how that works?
That's the bottom line, this team needs an upgrade at every position. So if the best player is Chase Young or Tua, take the best player. I suppose if they are a tie or close to it in the fins eyes, you take the QB.

That's the bottom line, this team needs an upgrade at every position. So if the best player is Chase Young or Tua, take the best player. I suppose if they are a tie or close to it in the fins eyes, you take the QB.

How good is Chase Young?

No. They should get more Harrises and Wilkinses in the trenches. How can we move forward without Christian Wilkenses and Charles Harrises and Dion Jordans of the world in the first round? We can not. Defense wins championships.

Back
Top Bottom