Should we stop fans from jumping on the bandwagon? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we stop fans from jumping on the bandwagon?

Dolphreak said:
Well compared to next year, 4-12 pretty much sucked for me :D

yah i agree, that was one bad year where everything possible went wrong. I noticed that I wore more dolphins stuff that year than i ever had.

cnc66 said:
same thing I said, welcome everyone. Fill the stadium, fill the streets. Every car has a flag and ballons are in every Publix ! I want the Dolphin logo to be the favorite tatoo on the south beach babes, with blankets on babies and umbrella's in the rain. Every where I look I want to be surrounded by DOLPHIN shoes, socks, skiv's, pants and shirts. Dolphin bowls filled with chips on a Dolphin table cloth surrounded by Dolphin chairs. Dolphin thongs and Dolphin songs ... surround me in Dolphin. I don't care when you started loving the Dolphins only that you do. Go Dolphins!

I love it! That is perfectly stated.

I purchased a bag of Dolphin potato chips in '92 at K-Mart.
Disposed of them in '05. Ugly story.

Anyway I really like the way your thinking.

We need as much pub and fans as possible.

Lived in St. Pete up until 2000, while the Bucs were horrible. I saw Marino playing one time on TV when I was 7 and I got hooked. Speaking of bandwagon fans, if you wanna see them come to the Tampa/St. Pete area...I remember when I was a kid, everyone in my school was a Dolphins fan or a Cowboys fan or a Niners fan.....then the Bucs made the playoffs and suddenly everyone was a Buc fan......it was disgusting.

nopony said:
Oh, good grief, who cares?

Just say hi and welcome and move on. This isn't a frat house.

Frankly, I don't care if you've been a fan for 25 years or 25 minutes.

I agree, better on the bandwagon than a bills fan.

PublixSubsRule said:
I dont know. i just dont like people that jump in here and dont know anything and act like the biggest fans when they only like us cuz we are most likely gonna be good. this is a big concern to me i dont like band wagon fans... i know i only have like 70 some odd posts but my true fan runs blood deep i bleed aqua and orange i have been a fan for 17 years in other words all my life.
in order to try to impede or at least make these band wagon people obtain some info. abou us i say we instate a test u have to pass to become a member... NOTHING TO HARD JUST A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST LIKE, WHO IS OUR O-LINE COACH?...WHAT IS THE NAME OF OUR STADIUM?...WHERE DID WE GET NICK SABAN FROM?
just stuff like that to impede these bandwagoners
and keep up the integrity of our fans

Sure, from now on the Miami Dolphins are no longer allowed to have any new fans.:lol: I have been a phins fan since I could walk, the only reason I signed up for this forum is because someone had the bright idea of telling the mods to lock the message board during the Brees / Culpepper saga:fire: . I figured I am now a member so maybe I should contribute my thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that is why you are seeing alot of new people on these boards. Don't fight it, a fan is a fan is a fan, even Jets fans.:tongue:

I feel you on the band wagon subject, my bro used to be a 49ner fan and now he is a dolphin fan. That pisses me off a little bit but there are always going to be band wagon fans. You could always tell them apart though.:dolphins:

I'm a very new member purely because I hadn't found this site before. I probably would consider myself a bandwagon jumper but not because of Culpepper or the fact that we could be good soon. I only recently got into football.

I also don't shout my mouth off about things that I don't know. I read this site, play my Madden and eventually I will be knowledgeable.

JFoxx said:
Don't assume that just because some are new to this site that they are bandwagon jumpers. From what I've seen and heard, that's not the case. Most of us are lifers and either just found the site or finally wanted to talk to other phins fans instead of the idiot local team supporters. I would expect more from true phin fans and a little more welcome from those who are lucky enough to live in/around Miami!

I've been reading Finheaven for a long time now. I would miss it if it disapeared. I just joined this month. I'm from Ohio. I think I'm not the only one who has been a fan since Shula (SP) but have not joined. This does not make me any less loyal.

Originally Posted by PublixSubsRule
I dont know. i just dont like people that jump in here and dont know anything and act like the biggest fans when they only like us cuz we are most likely gonna be good. this is a big concern to me i dont like band wagon fans... i know i only have like 70 some odd posts but my true fan runs blood deep i bleed aqua and orange i have been a fan for 17 years in other words all my life.
in order to try to impede or at least make these band wagon people obtain some info. abou us i say we instate a test u have to pass to become a member... NOTHING TO HARD JUST A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST LIKE, WHO IS OUR O-LINE COACH?...WHAT IS THE NAME OF OUR STADIUM?...WHERE DID WE GET NICK SABAN FROM?
just stuff like that to impede these bandwagoners
and keep up the integrity of our fans

I'm a new poster but have been reading this forum for a long time. Its post like these that make me register and go :shakeno:

Normally I don't get involved with the threads on Finheaven, however because this one might be the most ridiculous one I've ever read I'm somehow compelled. I've been a dolphin fan for over 35 years and while I'm sure there are others on here who have followed them longer, I consider myself a die-hard fan who has followed them in earnest since the days of Bob Griese. Take it from someone who lives in central New York and has to put up with the hordes of Bills fans everywhere(other than Raider fans---there are NO worse). My point is, whether your a long time fan or just recently "hopped aboard", as far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to talk Miami Dolphin football is welcome with me!

Kdub said:
Normally I don't get involved with the threads on Finheaven, however because this one might be the most ridiculous one I've ever read I'm somehow compelled. I've been a dolphin fan for over 35 years and while I'm sure there are others on here who have followed them longer, I consider myself a die-hard fan who has followed them in earnest since the days of Bob Griese. Take it from someone who lives in central New York and has to put up with the hordes of Bills fans everywhere(other than Raider fans---there are NO worse). My point is, whether your a long time fan or just recently "hopped aboard", as far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to talk Miami Dolphin football is welcome with me!

I agree, nice post:drinkers:

Back
Top Bottom