Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

I understand what you're saying, but to be clear if a team opts to trade a player who's under contract that's not voiding or breaking the contract. it's letting another team take over the terms and then they can opt to restructure if they opt to.
I see what you are saying. The issue I have. Is those that are going nuts demanding X fulfill his contract. Yet if he doesn't... get rid of him. I'm just thrown off by the lack of seeing thier own hypocrisy.

Holding out is not breaking the terms of the contract. The player is not obligated to play football, they can cease playing when ever they want to. However, the contract does state if the player does opt to hold out the team can fine the player x amount of $$$$ and in some cases seek to recoup bonus money previously paid.
That's semantics really, Players break the contract they pay a fine and if they don't break the contract they don't pay the fine. A player can't get fined without breaking one of the terms in the contract...

In X's case he broke the mandatory camp term and he is getting fined...

That's semantics really, Players break the contract they pay a fine and if they don't break the contract they don't pay the fine. A player can't get fined without breaking one of the terms in the contract...

We aren't talking about breaking a rule within a contract. Yes, there are many rules. Hellnyou can be fines for riding a motorcycle. That is not the terms we are referring to when saying breaking, termination, trading...

We aren't talking about breaking a rule within a contract. Yes, there are many rules. Hellnyou can be fines for riding a motorcycle. That is not the terms we are referring to when saying breaking, termination, trading...
Rules are terms, like I said it's semantics really...

If a contract is broken it can be voided by either party. For example if a player breaks the terms of his contract by being arrested for a violent crime the team may seek to longer pay the player going forward. If a player holds out this week and then opts to return next week the team can't just say "Oh we're not going to pay you anymore because you broke the contract." As the the contract and the players association agreement states players have the right to hold out and under the terms of the contract in most cases the team has the right to then fine them.

Ramsey got overpaid. He should not be the highest paid CB in the league.
In few year it be lowest paid CB..qb are over paid...the salary is going up for nfl players. Keep it real. Every player want get payed...

Make him the top dog pay-wise in our backfield, if he still holds out a 1st and 3rd and you can have him. First, we clear out a lot of caps space. Have 2 1sts for the next 2 yrs. Plus a 3rd to move around with.

Can someone make a case why Ramsey shouldn't be the top paid CB in the league? I'm not a fan of Ramsey's personality per se but he's one hell of a player.....year after year.

Every day I wake and check my Google news feed hoping to see: X Howard, traded for "I really don't care" whatever. For those that have no clue, The Dolphins went from Laughing-stock to nearly making the Play-Offs due a cultural change!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The current WINNING CULTURE....
Has no tolerance and no room for ME ME ME ME players.
X, needs to go and ASAP as he doesn't belong here any longer and Flo will send that message.
We aren't Dallas or The Raiders. X, can "F" off.
Culture didn't get 10 INTs with barely a pass rush last season. An alleged "ME ME ME ME" player did...

If we are fortunate enough for Tua to become a franchise QB (at the very least) you will see him become a ME ME ME ME player that you seem to have a problem with. This is professional football and players' health are put on the line every Sunday. They should be paid accordingly.

Culture didn't get 10 INTs with barely a pass rush last season. An alleged "ME ME ME ME" player did...

If we are fortunate enough for Tua to become a franchise QB (at the very least) you will see him become a ME ME ME ME player that you seem to have a problem with. This is professional football and players' health are put on the line every Sunday. They should be paid accordingly.
He is paid accordingly he is a top 5 paid CB not bad for a top 5 CB.

If a contract is broken it can be voided by either party. For example if a player breaks the terms of his contract by being arrested for a violent crime the team may seek to longer pay the player going forward. If a player holds out this week and then opts to return next week the team can't just say "Oh we're not going to pay you anymore because you broke the contract." As the the contract and the players association agreement states players have the right to hold out and under the terms of the contract in most cases the team has the right to then fine them.

When you have a term that has a condition attached (mandatory camp is the term fines are the condition) you can have a broken term without voiding the entire contract. In your example of the arrests, that is another term with a different condition attached, a much more severe condition. That's just one of the reasons why they attach conditions to terms so you don't necessarily void an entire contract for one of the smaller bits

Now if a player breaks one of the terms a Team has recourse, they can collect on the conditions and they can always cut or trade a player. The dead money component of NFL contrracts attempts to stop the cutting of a player that is under contract. Now it's my opinion if a player holds out like X is they are breaking their contract (technically they are just breaking a term in their contract which is why I used the word semantics) and I would use my recourse as a Team to trade that player out in most cases.

With X, he just signed an extension he was happy with and now because of a team mate he's no longer happy? This is more likely going to get worse not better and if it does bet worse I'd send him packing. I don't want any single player damaging the culture Flo is building in the locker room and with this team...

Should Phins consider trading Xavien? Trying to replicate the Laremy experience.
For 2 number 1's .. if not, can't the dolphins play hardball and let him sit and not pay him AND go after some of his bonus???????

I see what you are saying. The issue I have. Is those that are going nuts demanding X fulfill his contract. Yet if he doesn't... get rid of him. I'm just thrown off by the lack of seeing thier own hypocrisy.
Trading is not the same as breaking the contract.

You have a "contract" with your mortgage company. They can sell that contract to another company but it isn't breaking the contract.

A trade is just selling the contract to another team. Further, a no trade clause is an option, proving that trade possibilities are implied, UOS.

The haul we got for the Tunsil trade was fun, but at some point we have to keep our star players, otherwise we will forever be saying “we were close this year, but wait til we use those extra picks in this draft”

Back
Top Bottom