Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

He knew that when the contract was presented to him. HE CHOSE TO SIGN THE CONTRACT.

He made his bed; let him sleep in it!
The club chooses to sign contracts all the time and then cuts people before the end of it. Seems like fair is fair to me.

Pay him.

As I've said a few times now... I don't blame him for asking, but his contract designated minicamp as mandatory, and he signed that contract. He lost me when he held out.
He didn't lose me. The CBA dictates that he has to pay fines, if he's alright with that so am I.

Would I rather he just come to work on the deal he signed? Yes, obviously. However, he's looking out for himself why I kind of understand given the fact that after this season he has no guaranteed income.

He didn't lose me. The CBA dictates that he has to pay fines, if he's alright with that so am I.

Would I rather he just come to work on the deal he signed? Yes, obviously. However, he's looking out for himself why I kind of understand given the fact that after this season he has no guaranteed income.
95% of NFL players don't.

It's how it works.

Ray the articles were great.
He knew that when the contract was presented to him. HE CHOSE TO SIGN THE CONTRACT.

He made his bed; let him sleep in it!

But this post doesn't match the info in the write ups....

I highly recommend reading:

The Art of NFL Contracts Part 1: The Basics
The Art of NFL Contracts Part 2: The Examples
The Art of NFL Contracts Part 3: Eight Things to Keep in Mind
The Art of NFL Contracts Part 4: The Three Ways to Manipulate Cap Space

By Conner Christopherson - a moderator of the official Kansas City Chiefs subreddit on Reddit and writes for Arrowhead Report on SI.com

It helped me sort out the knowledgeable from the unknowledgeable posts on this board concerning contract complaints.

I stand on my statement...

I see why X is holding out. I can't see why Waddle would hold out.

I wouldn't be mad if we traded X. It would expose either Grier or Flores for the lucky leprechauns they must actually be. They would get fired and we could get people in here who know you win with talent in any professional sport.

Coincidentally, the Pats vaunted "culture" seems to be missing. My vote is that it traveled down I-95 to Florida.

No comment…besides this comment!

The bottom line here is he fired his previous agent after he found out Grier did his job and got Howard to sign a contract that he later found out was not in his favor ($$$) so he hired new agent David Canter who needs to get paid to represent his new client! These agents have turned a sport into a business and the players are unaware of where there $ is going except for a few which are the eception! Just being real

The bottom line here is he fired his previous agent after he found out Grier did his job and got Howard to sign a contract that he later found out was not in his favor ($$$) so he hired new agent David Canter who needs to get paid to represent his new client! These agents have turned a sport into a business and the players are unaware of where there $ is going except for a few which are the eception! Just being real
FYI, sports is big business. Don't kid yourself.

I see your point about agents. However, many of these 'college graduates' have about 700 in SAT. How do you expect them in contract negotiation?

Dolphins to X

Listen, we paid you the highest per game salary in the NFL, relative to the amount of games you actually played so you are still the highest paid corner in football

How bout you honor that contract.

Problem is some football players aren’t that intuitive nor smart

The issue here I see is you can’t have a laremy Tunsil scenario and still convince the rest of your team your competing for a super bowl when your trading away your best player for draft picks... not gonna fly in the locker room so dolphins imo are gonna have to Buck up and renegotiate... X wins

To quote North Dallas 40 - "When I call it a game you call it a business. When I call it a business you call it a game!"

Agents haven't turned it into a business. For owners it's been a business since day one. Owners only call it a game when the players want to start talking business, especially when it comes to being paid..

It's in the contract both parties sign!
True, but it's also in the contract and players association agreement that players can hold out. There are possible fines if they do, but there's nothing forbiding players from holding out or trying to renegotiate their contracts. It happens every year.

Dolphins to X

Listen, we paid you the highest per game salary in the NFL, relative to the amount of games you actually played so you are still the highest paid corner in football

How bout you honor that contract.

Problem is some football players aren’t that intuitive nor smart
X to dolphins
Pay me, or I hold out.
You make me play, I will slip on turf twice a game.
Your choice.

True, but it's also in the contract and players association agreement that players can hold out. There are possible fines if they do, but there's nothing forbiding players from holding out or trying to renegotiate their contracts. It happens every year.

That's correct.

It's a question of leverage.

Will the player holding out; not receiving income while incurring fines at the same time, be enough to force the team to negotiate?

Not if the team has a less expensive replacement on hand. That replacement does not have to be as good, but they do need to be competent.

I feel the Dolphins probably can live without "X" better then "X" can live without the Dolphins.

Any team can trade any player at any time unless there is a clause in the contract that says differently.

Goodbye "X".

You took a gamble and will probably be traded and possibly cut.

Back
Top Bottom