Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

Why? People are discussing screeching tires and eating chicken with a fork and knife. Nonsense.

You have zero idea what the actual terminology is or isn't in X's contract in terms of "forfeit", only the team, X and his agent know that. First of all a criminal court would never even hear this case, if it went anywhere beyond the bounds of the NFL its a civil matter at best and it wouldn't even make it that far. To use criminal law as comparison is just ridiculous here.
Recap: I used the word 'technicality' in reference to the enforcement of laws, another poster tried to show me what's what by saying the law is always enforced so I brought up examples of when it's not to show that the enforcement of anything is merely subjective.

I don't care what's in X's contract. I just know that a team has never been bad by paying their best players top dollar. They're bad because they pay money to a bunch of other players on the roster who don't deserve it.

Recap: I used the word 'technicality' in reference to the enforcement of laws, another poster tried to show me what's what by saying the law is always enforced so I brought up examples of when it's not to show that the enforcement of anything is merely subjective.

I don't care what's in X's contract. I just know that a team has never been bad by paying their best players top dollar. They're bad because they pay money to a bunch of other players on the roster who don't deserve it.
There is no "law" involved lol. As to Miami did you miss the part where two years ago they made him the TOP PAID CB IN THE LEAGUE? Top paid, not 2nd or 3rd or 5th, top. He's still 5th and in terms of overall value and much better than the guys ahead of him since their contracts are backloaded.

I have little empathy for X here, he's making coin. Bump his guaranteed money up to a little more than what Jones is making and extend the contract two years. That should put him up around 18.5m per year and a total value of 85m, if he's not amenable to that, bye bye.

There is no "law" involved lol. As to Miami did you miss the part where two years ago they made him the TOP PAID CB IN THE LEAGUE? Top paid, not 2nd or 3rd or 5th, top. He's still 5th and in terms of overall value and much better than the guys ahead of him since their contracts are backloaded.

I have little empathy for X here, he's making coin. Bump his guaranteed money up to a little more than what Jones is making and extend the contract two years. That should put him up around 18.5m per year and a total value of 85m, if he's not amenable to that, bye bye.
extend X my arse

He's not even the top paid corner on his own team.

Spare me.

He's not even the top paid corner on his own team.

Spare me.
Hypothetical question for Brother Kamelion: Lets say the Phins pay X whatever hes asking for, BUT for some reason Igby has a monster year in his second season and outperforms X. Should he immediately demand to be the highest paid CB on the team? That seems to be your line of logic and with respect, it would create chaos.

Hypothetical question for Brother Kamelion: Lets say the Phins pay X whatever hes asking for, BUT for some reason Igby has a monster year in his second season and outperforms X. Should he immediately demand to be the highest paid CB on the team? That seems to be your line of logic and with respect, it would create chaos.
I've already posted links debunking the slippery slope agruement. It has been around for decades and proven untrue time and time again.

I fear that Howard is just coming into his own as a diva. His agent has to be filling his head with how great he is and Jones gets more money. It's a matter of timing, when it was his turn we made X the richest CB in the NFL. We took great care of him with an ego stroking extension. Now since Jone's contract came after X is pissed. I say talk reason to him, work it out but if that becomes impossible then tag him and dare him to sit out. X isn't walking away from mega dollars and his greedy agent wouldn't advise him to.

Fun fact: It's illegal in the state of Florida to partially conceal your face and walk down a street. I'm sure that one was enforced within the past year during Covid, right?

In Kansas it's illegal to screech your tires for any reason so I'm sure a lot of people trying to avoid accidents by slamming on the brakes have been arrested for trying to do so.

In Gainesville, Georgia it's illegal to eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

Look, I'm sure you might think it's fun to show up and get on your pedestal and act intellectually superior, but you shouldn't pick fights by being so obtuse or you risk looking like an idiot. Words of advice: Talk like a normal human being so it isn't so cringeworthy.

You just made my point.

When folks like you make those dumb kind of laws it's because they are fools and don't really understand the words they use or use them maliciously - like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It was around the turn of the last century in Indiana or Illinois that the state Government decided to copywrite the mathematical value of "Pi", which is 3.14..... . They felt that the royalties for using the value of "Pi" would increase the money the state had to spend for important stuff. To make it easier to use, they rounded it off to 3.0.

Maybe we should avoid football players from that area - LOL

The US congress would not be out-done so when it became their job (?) to decide if a tomato was a fruit or a vegetable, they chase the wrong answer and called it officially a vegetable.

My admonition stands - SPK ENGRISH

You just made my point.

When folks like you make those dumb kind of laws it's because they are fools and don't really understand the words they use or use them maliciously - like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It was around the turn of the last century in Indiana or Illinois that the state Government decided to copywrite the mathematical value of "Pi", which is 3.14..... . They felt that the royalties for using the value of "Pi" would increase the money the state had to spend for important stuff. To make it easier to use, they rounded it off to 3.0.

The US congress would not be out-done so when it became their job (?) to decide if a tomato was a fruit or a vegetable, they chase the wrong answer and called it officially a vegetable.

I love stories from your childhood Ray. It's always fun hearing about the turn of 19th century. 😀

You just made my point.

You just ruined my dinner tonight. I was going to have spaghetti, but how can I have spaghetti thinking about fruit sauce on it.

Back
Top Bottom