Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

Every single posters that's pissed (in what appears mostly to be a personal way lol) that X isn't honoring his contract...wants Miami to trade him...thus not honoring the contract.
It's been the last thing I've gone to bed thinking about this past week, šŸ¤”
I'm so confused šŸ˜•
Not me.

I say let him sit and deal with it or play. I in now way believe the phins should do any renegotiating.

If he gets traded cool. I don't mind . He clearly doesn't care if he is a pain next year or not.

Not every single poster thinks that.

Not true at all. Anyone that got too big for their britches was shown the door...everyone, no exceptions. That never included Brady as he continually took pay cuts so other players could get paid.
The issue isn't whether you were good or not. It's if you caused problems. X, is causing problems and would not be signed if we were The Pats, never. Flo, is from that same school.

It's obvious that Flo is trying to install that great, winning culture here. Everyone matters, everyone needs work their butt off. No room for Prima Donnas here.
I agree to a large extent. I want to keep the player and if we donā€™t we had better have a plan for getting another top CB because our D, like the pats, runs through the secondary. Having an elite corner is as critical as having a great QB in this system. I donā€™t like what Howard is doing. I just hope it gets resolved in a way that sees him stay with us. Players today try to force trades and have so much leverage even when they are under contract w no where to go. I used to like when teams would say ā€œok, you can sit out thenā€ like w Earl Thomas and way before him Earl Campbell. Heck, I applaud the Pack for telling Mr Rodgers to suck it. 99 out of 100 times the player comes and plays. You donā€™t have to trade someone every time they do something like this - that also sets a bad precedent for bad behavior.

There's also a long precedent of hold-outs performing poorly after being paid. Why? No clue but it's real...
1. Jamarcus Russel
2. Zeke Elliott
3. Le'veon Bell
Etc etc
He already makes crazy money. He played his best season after he got paid - the first time lol

I would also like to offer another example. The Steelers were in position for Super Bowl run. Le'Veon Bell one of if not the top RB in the league held out. What did the Steelers do? Let his butt sit a year, never giving in to his demands.
You need to ask yourself; do we want a culture like The Steelers/Pats or do we want to be The Raiders going forward? For me the answer is really simple. Teams that give in to hold-outs have weak management, historically.

Let's debunc why we should pay X.
Health
First we want to win and he is not Tom Brady who wants to win bad enough to work tirelessly in the offseasons to stay healthy as his past history has shown.
Team
Second again he is noTom Brady who wants to win bad enough to take less so his team mates can take more so his team can win.
Underpaid
Third X is no different than any other athlete on this planet for the past thousand years rich or poor has chosen some sport to put their body at risk to achieve to become the best at their skill set.
Why should we pay him.
First Great player skill set.
Last year was his best performance ever.
Second time is running out for X
X like all of us has a expiration date on his career before he either gets to retire or choose another career path.
Third money
The owners contracts are unfairly biased compared to the players.

So choose you side.

Another part of the equation to consider is Howard has a new agent. When an agent negotiates a deal for a player with a team he gets a %. That means Howard's prior agent who negotiated the current deal is getting paid, the new agent wants to push for a new deal so he's the agent getting paid. Don't be shocked if the new agent has promised Howard that he could get him a better deal and this whole situation is more posturing by the agent than Howard. It's all part of the business game. Howard wants guaranteed money and maybe a bump in pay. Things will work out in time. Howard isn't going to miss any regular season action over any of this.

Another part of the equation to consider is Howard has a new agent. When an agent negotiates a deal for a player with a team he gets a %. That means Howard's prior agent who negotiated the current deal is getting paid, the new agent wants to push for a new deal so he's the agent getting paid. Don't be shocked if the new agent has promised Howard that he could get him a better deal and this whole situation is more posturing by the agent than Howard. It's all part of the business game. Howard wants guaranteed money and maybe a bump in pay. Things will work out in time. Howard isn't going to miss any regular season action over any of this.
Or, you can say X, hired a new agent to get a better deal. His old agent warned him against his current course of action, for all we know.

Hard to imagine many teams fighting to sign a hold-out.

Or, you can say X, hired a new agent to get a better deal. His old agent warned him against his current course of action, for all we know.

Hard to imagine many teams fighting to sign a hold-out.
I'm sure there are teams willing to sign Howard for what he's seeking. That's why teams have called regarding possible trades.

I'm sure there are teams willing to sign Howard for what he's seeking. That's why teams have called regarding possible trades.
Yep. Funny how it's the same teams with great players and losing records like The Cowboys and Raiders.
Money doesn't win rings in the NFL but winning cultures do.

Yep. Funny how it's the same teams with great players and losing records like The Cowboys and Raiders.
Money doesn't win rings in the NFL but winning cultures do.

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

"I'm looking for my culture as we speak. Last I looked he was playing in the Super Bowl vs the Chiefs."

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

"I'm looking for my culture as we speak. Last I looked he was playing in the Super Bowl vs the Chiefs."
I'm glad you added that caption below. At first, I thought it was BB trying to find someone wearing a Dolphins jersey at a Miami home game.

(Anyone that's been to a Pats game in Miami knows what I mean.)

Last 20 years for Pats
*31 Play-Offs wins.
*9 Super Bowl appearances.
*6 Super Bowl wins..

Last edited:
I'm glad you added that caption below. At first, I thought it was BB trying to find someone wearing a Dolphins jersey at a Miami home game.

(Anyone that's been to a Pats game in Miami knows what I mean.)

Last 20 years for Pats
*31 Play-Offs wins.
*9 Super Bowl appearances.
*6 Super Bowl wins..

They must be doing something right!

Much easier when you have a proven elite QB who is one of the best to ever play the game.

If we had Brady, Rodgers or Manning I'd sing a different tune. We dont. We have an unproven year 2 QB who had to be carried last season to win most games.

Its not advisable to compare our situation to the Patriots.

It is when you consider our head coach.

Nothing else makes much sense!

Back
Top Bottom