Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

Well... it's another apples and oranges comparison that has zero basis on how professional sports actually work, but...

The CBA, that the players as a whole signed, controls the rules on how this works. Trying to confuse an normal job with a sports job where injuries are actually common, to a industry job where they should not exist, is well... dishonest.
There are unions in both instances preventing either of these scenarios from happening.

It's not apples and oranges, but apparently the expectations are.

There are unions in both instances preventing either of these scenarios from happening.

It's not apples and oranges, but apparently the expectations are.
The way an injured player is paid, and how he is treated is exclusively negotiated by the NFL Player's Association... In a factory job, the individual states control the rules for how an injured worker is compensated.

Things like Injured Reserve, and Injury Settlements are directly related to the CBA and prior CBAs, and are actually more lucrative than anything in private business. In California, for instance, once an injured worker runs out of vacation time, he is paid by the state (but not at 100%). They call this SDI (State Disability Insurance). Sometimes, an injured worker can sue the business if there was a safety violation... but again, the NFL is different, because 1) It has an anti-trust exemption and 2) The risk of injury is implied, rather than a result of a safety deficiency.

Your comparison was crap. Let your friend know.

Thanks for pointing this out. I’m amazed how everyone is stuck on honor your contract blah blah. I love my Phins but what they did to Van Noy, Lawson and Ereck Flowers this off-season was not cool considering they contracts last year but it’s a business and I get it. We can apply the same thing to X he signed a contract but hey there’s an old saying s*** happens. With that said let’s stop having one sided conversations about contracts unless we start hold teams more accountable.

Complaining about a teams contract actions is nothing unless you can show where they broke the contract.

No one on this board has done that. There is a reason they haven't.

They don't know what they are talking about.

The way an injured player is paid, and how he is treated is exclusively negotiated by the NFL Player's Association... In a factory job, the individual states control the rules for how an injured worker is compensated.

Things like Injured Reserve, and Injury Settlements are directly related to the CBA and prior CBAs, and are actually more lucrative than anything in private business. In California, for instance, once an injured worker runs out of vacation time, he is paid by the state (but not at 100%). They call this SDI (State Disability Insurance). Sometimes, an injured worker can sue the business if there was a safety violation... but again, the NFL is different, because 1) It has an anti-trust exemption and 2) The risk of injury is implied, rather than a result of a safety deficiency.

Your comparison was crap. Let your friend know.
Dame I should of injured myself in California. Here in Washington it’s all but impossible to sue over a work related injury. I looked into it and was told even though I had a possible case it would cost me over 100k. And with the labor laws from the early 1900’s it’s all but impossible for the case to go through.

Dame I should of injured myself in California. Here in Washington it’s all but impossible to sue over a work related injury. I looked into it and was told even though I had a possible case it would cost me over 100k. And with the labor laws from the early 1900’s it’s all but impossible for the case to go through.
I lived in Cali throughout my working life and met a couple of folks who'd been seriously injured in the oil fields; most attorneys there work for a % of whatever they win... so they love an easy case.

I lived in Cali throughout my working life and met a couple of folks who'd been seriously injured in the oil fields; most attorneys there work for a % of whatever they win... so they love an easy case.
Even better I worked in the Bakken for over 4 years would of made bank if I got the same injury there. Here in Washington I was hauling liquid feed to a dairy and found a hidden hole by the tank I was dropping into. The attorney would take the case but wouldn’t of been a easy one. And it would of cost me up to 100k for all the pre trail experts. So the risk wasn’t worth it to me.

I hope they come through and pay him some more.

Keep him on the team for at least two years for a two year run at the superbowl.

I think this team is close if some players take a jump. They are much closer with Howard than they are without him.

Back
Top Bottom