Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

I haven't read his contract. I'm fine adding bonuses, or upping the ones if he already has, to is contract, for elite production like all-pro or 10+ INTs.

You just made my point.

When folks like you make those dumb kind of laws it's because they are fools and don't really understand the words they use or use them maliciously - like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It was around the turn of the last century in Indiana or Illinois that the state Government decided to copywrite the mathematical value of "Pi", which is 3.14..... . They felt that the royalties for using the value of "Pi" would increase the money the state had to spend for important stuff. To make it easier to use, they rounded it off to 3.0.

Maybe we should avoid football players from that area - LOL

The US congress would not be out-done so when it became their job (?) to decide if a tomato was a fruit or a vegetable, they chase the wrong answer and called it officially a vegetable.

My admonition stands - SPK ENGRISH
It's amazing how you can read something, not understand it, then proclaim that the writer is the one not understanding it, especially when there's not a loss of communication when one bans eating fried chicken with anything but their hands. That isn't "not understanding the words that they use"... obviously... but it won't stop you from throwing it into a hodgepodge post and pretending like it's what you really meant from the beginning. Maybe some of the other readers will fall for that lazy schtick, but I'm not one of them.

You made the claim that only dictators play loosely with laws. Not only is that obviously wrong especially with your 180 by giving examples literally proving that assertion incorrect since there are plenty of laws that aren't enforced, but then try and frame it was "dumb people like me" who made them. That had nothing to do with the conversation and didn't even make sense in context, but I guess when you're so tired of yelling at people to get off your lawn so you can hear your Matlock re-run, you gotta say something to feel smart even as your coherence slowly slips away.

I’m good either way. If both knees were not repaired I’d probably be strongly opposed to a trade. If a trade must happen I’d prefer it be for an established player and a draft pick.

It's amazing how you can read something, not understand it, then proclaim that the writer is the one not understanding it, especially when there's not a loss of communication when one bans eating fried chicken with anything but their hands. That isn't "not understanding the words that they use"... obviously... but it won't stop you from throwing it into a hodgepodge post and pretending like it's what you really meant from the beginning. Maybe some of the other readers will fall for that lazy schtick, but I'm not one of them.

You made the claim that only dictators play loosely with laws. Not only is that obviously wrong especially with your 180 by giving examples literally proving that assertion incorrect since there are plenty of laws that aren't enforced, but then try and frame it was "dumb people like me" who made them. That had nothing to do with the conversation and didn't even make sense in context, but I guess when you're so tired of yelling at people to get off your lawn so you can hear your Matlock re-run, you gotta say something to feel smart even as your coherence slowly slips away.

Should I have said "want to be dictators? - LOL

So if Waddle has a better year than Parker you would support him holding out to get paid more than Parker?
It not that hard to out shine parker..all u need 50 catch 800...to beat out parkers.

Over the last 20 years the Pats have shown everyone is replaceable outside QB and have the rings to prove it.

This narrative is incorrect. Their CB1 was all-world every year for 20 years. Tom Brady wasn’t replaceable on offense and all star CB1 wasn’t replaceable on defense - except by another all star CB1. They might not have won any SBs without that player be it Ty Law, Darrel Revis, Asante Samuel, Aquib Talib, Brandon Browner, Stephon Gilmore.

People are missing this. The one position outside of QB that the Pats shelled out stupid money was for a great CB1. It’s obvious why. And they always managed to have a very good CB2 (usually by drafting well) to pair up - which is why their defense has always been effective. It’s the 9 guys you can use vs 8 when CB2 is getting help cause he’s a JAG. Like we’ve been doing since Madison/Surtain. Last year our D was fantastic. Point is, the defense of the Pats runs through CB1 and that’s what Flores is building. X is the best CB on our team by a mile. If he were on NE, and he held out, and they traded him, you could bet your arse they would make an immediate move to bring in another top 5 CB because BB is so afraid of not having that great CB - for 20 years he’s never not had a top 5 in the league guy. So trade X all you like. Just make sure we get someone as good as Gilmore etc in return.

Over the last 20 years the Pats have shown everyone is replaceable outside QB and have the rings to prove it.

Much easier when you have a proven elite QB who is one of the best to ever play the game.

If we had Brady, Rodgers or Manning I'd sing a different tune. We dont. We have an unproven year 2 QB who had to be carried last season to win most games.

Its not advisable to compare our situation to the Patriots.

Much easier when you have a proven elite QB who is one of the best to ever play the game.

If we had Brady, Rodgers or Manning I'd sing a different tune. We dont. We have an unproven year 2 QB who had to be carried last season to win most games.

Its not advisable to compare our situation to the Patriots.
So, using your own words our future is dictated solely on our QB success (don't disagree). We agree then? Having X or not doesn't truly affect our future Tua's success does. X, can go as he isn't the base for our teams future.

This narrative is incorrect. Their CB1 was all-world every year for 20 years. Tom Brady wasn’t replaceable on offense and all star CB1 wasn’t replaceable on defense - except by another all star CB1. They might not have won any SBs without that player be it Ty Law, Darrel Revis, Asante Samuel, Aquib Talib, Brandon Browner, Stephon Gilmore.

People are missing this. The one position outside of QB that the Pats shelled out stupid money was for a great CB1. It’s obvious why. And they always managed to have a very good CB2 (usually by drafting well) to pair up - which is why their defense has always been effective. It’s the 9 guys you can use vs 8 when CB2 is getting help cause he’s a JAG. Like we’ve been doing since Madison/Surtain. Last year our D was fantastic. Point is, the defense of the Pats runs through CB1 and that’s what Flores is building. X is the best CB on our team by a mile. If he were on NE, and he held out, and they traded him, you could bet your arse they would make an immediate move to bring in another top 5 CB because BB is so afraid of not having that great CB - for 20 years he’s never not had a top 5 in the league guy. So trade X all you like. Just make sure we get someone as good as Gilmore etc in return.
Not true at all. Anyone that got too big for their britches was shown the door...everyone, no exceptions. That never included Brady as he continually took pay cuts so other players could get paid.
The issue isn't whether you were good or not. It's if you caused problems. X, is causing problems and would not be signed if we were The Pats, never. Flo, is from that same school.

It's obvious that Flo is trying to install that great, winning culture here. Everyone matters, everyone needs work their butt off. No room for Prima Donnas here.

Last edited:
So, using your own words our future is dictated solely on our QB success (don't disagree). We agree then? Having X or not doesn't truly affect our future Tua's success does. X, can go as he isn't the base for our teams future.

He's the base of our current teams ability to win until proven otherwise. Without the impact he has on our defense last season locking down receivers plus the turnovers he causes we are probably a 3 to 4 win team.

Until the offense shows it can carry the team the defense has to. Weakening your strongest unit is always a bad idea.

He's the base of our current teams ability to win until proven otherwise. Without the impact he has on our defense last season locking down receivers plus the turnovers he causes we are probably a 3 to 4 win team.

Until the offense shows it can carry the team the defense has to. Weakening your strongest unit is always a bad idea.
I don't care. Do you really want to be The Raiders or Cowboys or would you rather have the same culture as The Pats? You must realize the reason those teams have problems? Why those teams have great players and still have losing cultures? I seriously doubt KC would pay a hold out. Why? It is not conducive to building A TEAM first culture that all winning teams possess.

I want him as long as they can resolve it quick. It depends how long he holds out for. You see it all the time when guys hold out then they get hurt because they came back in and played too hard too fast. Then they baby a hamstring all year.

Back
Top Bottom